The Saga of Sasha Banks (and Naomi) Megathread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
Honestly, as @Cwalker pointed out, not really… they been booking a lot of women like shit lately tbh. Like Asuka maybe and Becky yeah, but we seen Becky and Belair a few times already. Alexa maybe? But like everyone else just horrible booking. So Sasha and Naomi really all they had in all likelihood. Since it seems the plan was originally Asuka and Becky fighting at HIAC maybe
Then maybe they could start using girls that are just doing fuck all backstage? Like Ripley, Morgan, Zelina. Yeah it’s been done before but it still gets that defence in.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Or the fact she mentioned those problems on her Broken Skulls session. Cringey to remember details from an interview cool.
After the shit she likely pulled last night, I wouldn't trust her word on this. Been a fan of Sasha since her NXT days, but I have been very disappointed with her attitude since she got called up. There's a middle ground between knowing your worth and doing what you're asked. She's slowly turning into the Edward Norton of female wrestling and it's frustrating to watch.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Honestly, as @Cwalker pointed out, not really… they been booking a lot of women like shit lately tbh. Like Asuka maybe and Becky yeah, but we seen Becky and Belair a few times already. Alexa maybe? But like everyone else just horrible booking. So Sasha and Naomi really all they had in all likelihood. Since it seems the plan was originally Asuka and Becky fighting at HIAC maybe
thats not what champions are for tho, only in wwe do they use champions to elevate other champions. it makes no sense when you can elevate everyone. and the have Rhea, right fucking there . they have rematch ppvs all the time with meaningless matches but because theyve jobbed the other girls out suddenly they have no one but those two to job to Bianca? thats such ass backwards booking

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Since we'll never likely know the truth, i'm just gonna go ahead and speculate that Naomi would have been fine with that original plan. Long sounding main event on Raw, #1 contender and wrestling at the PLE against the top female babyface. She has no clout, she aint walking upto anyone and dropping the title and then leaving the arena. Sasha lead, she followed in solidarity is my theory.

Feel like the whole situation could have been handled better from all parties, they just chose to make a powerplay.

Reactions: Alexa and Cwalker

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
they had alexa sitting on the bench doing NOTHING for months and kept her off mania too lol, there NO excuse

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Hence they want to elevate said titles. Not one set of champions has done anything good for them. Why stop your own momentum to be a fall person?
What momentum did they have?

Facing slapped together teams for weeks on end is more of a burial than what they were
allegedly-desus-and-mero.gif
going to head into.

It's mark shit....fire them and let them fail else where imo.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
they also moved the southern lady to raw and were planning on turning her heel so ya. theres no reason to job out your champions and give them 0 plans to defend their titles even after hell in a cell.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Deeply personal now and makes me so torn. I stay watching for other faves but really testing my resolve

What a horrible take. Paige outward said she was a ticking time bomb. It’s shit comments like this that add to Sasha’s mental health problems.

Basically fuck your tag titles to lay down for female cena and Rousey. Screw that.

Like that’s never happened before with script rewrites during the show

Another absolute shit take. Guess we should hate on D’Lo, Seth, Owen etc??

Imagine having your current work be completely undervalued for something that ultimately means nothing?
Why the constant shots at Jeff?

Paige said she was a ticking time bomb. Just so happened to be that kick (which Sasha has performed lots of times since with no issue).

Punk is awesome.

And plenty of others. Way to stretch.

Fuck me so many terrible takes here
Funny how so many bad takes are the pro-WWE ones

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Then maybe they could start using girls that are just doing fuck all backstage? Like Ripley, Morgan, Zelina. Yeah it’s been done before but it still gets that defence in.
Oh yeah I 100% agree they should. Maybe not Rhea as she just turned heel and joined Judgement Day, so she shouldn’t be losing at the moment. I’m just saying that right now no one seems credible, and that does fall on WWE.

Reactions: Lethal

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Since we'll never likely know the truth, i'm just gonna go ahead and speculate that Naomi would have been fine with that original plan. Long sounding main event on Raw, #1 contender and wrestling at the PLE against the top female babyface. She has no clout, she aint walking upto anyone and dropping the title and then leaving the arena. Sasha lead, she followed in solidarity is my theory.

Feel like the whole situation could have been handled better from all parties, they just chose to make a powerplay.
This is probably the most reasonable and likely scenario.

I love Sasha, but she also probably realizes there’s not going to be any real repercussion from this because there hasn’t been any in the past for her

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
thats not what champions are for tho, only in wwe do they use champions to elevate other champions. it makes no sense when you can elevate everyone. and the have Rhea, right fucking there . they have rematch ppvs all the time with meaningless matches but because theyve jobbed the other girls out suddenly they have no one but those two to job to Bianca? thats such ass backwards booking
Well Rhea shouldn’t be losing right now.. just see my statement to Lethal as I’m not typing it all out again lol

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Honestly I mentioned the other women earlier, had they given the shot to Carmella or Vega over Naomi…

Most people would complain considering where Carmella and Vega are in terms of their standing

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
And Stratton takes the belt off Mandy. Nobody would notice the difference

I would... Stratton is a better wrestler already

So, either:
- Wade Keller and Alvarez are lying pieces of shit
- The WWE roster is made up of brainwashed sheep, and Shayna and Bayley are lying pieces of shit

Point 3: A mix in the middle and someone from WWE is leaking stuff to make them look bad. Also Bayley might not be backstage atm due to her injury. Shayna doesn't seem like a snake either so might be someone who hates Sasha making shit up.

Starting to picture Mercedes in AEW and I keep thinking the women's division isn't that good over there either. Maybe just drop the tag titles and focus on storylines that don't involve a title. once in a while.

I'd like to think if they got a legit name like Sasha they would put much more effort in but yeah...

Also using your tag team champions to put over the singles champions is lame and one of the reason the tag belts don't matter. It would be like using Jade to put over Rosa for example. You are making one champion look weaker when you have other talent who can be used to put over the champion without making a champion lose. But in WWE, champions getting pinned is a weekly thing it feels like.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Well Rhea shouldn’t be losing right now.. just see my statement to Lethal as I’m not typing it all out again lol
its wwe, they can do like 5 dq finishes in a row

Reactions: Y2Jayne