The Russo-Ukrainian War Thread (FKA Political Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
You know this talk about the 14th Amendment really has made me realize just how full of shit Dak is tho.

Roe v. Wade is one thing, but if he's actively advocating for Obergefell v. Hodges to be overturned, he doesn't actually give a shit about the Constitution when that particular decision was heavily entrenched in the 14th Amendment.

And if Obergefell v. Hodges is overturned, the question still stands, is marriage as a whole even a right to citizens? If it is, then Obergefell v. Hodges has to continue to stand. If marriage isn't, then what becomes of Loving vs. Virginia? If marriage isn't a right to the citizenry, then by extension, nobody can be allowed to marry, and thus marriage can't extend to the Equal Protection Clauses.

Racial discrimination is outlawed by the government with the 14th Amendment, so why doesn't that extend to Sexual Orientation and Gender in this case?

The overturning of Obergefell v. Hodges would open up a Pandora's box of disregarding the Constitution's wording entirely. This is why I think Dak is full of shit. He's using the Constitution when it pleases him, and he wants to see the rights of the LGBTQ infringed upon, because he personally hates it according to religion, which should have no standing in what the Federal or State Government decides.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
This is going to be a long ass post that a lot of people are going to disagree with. Don't let my views in here change our friendships outside of this thread...

Anyone who is disappointed/outraged/whatever by today's supreme court decision - leave. I did. Best decision I made. America is NOT the land of the free. I have more freedoms down here in New Zealand than I had in the U.S. Greatest country in the world? Fuck right off with that shit. Less pollution, a fair minimum wage, less poverty, less crime, laws that protect LGBTQ+ citizens, healthcare that doesn't require you to get a second mortgage...and a government that looks after peoples well-being.

I'm not saying you have to come to New Zealand. You can go anywhere. But once you look past a lifetime of propaganda (USA chants, God bless America, Anthems and flags...general jingoistic bs...) you realize that actually America ain't so great. What freedoms have I lost since leaving? I have no idea because I haven't found any yet. I still get the same order from starbucks. I still play the same video games and watch the same tv shows. I still eat the same food. I still visit the same wrestling forum.

America is fucked. Archaic rules written so long ago that most of it isn't even relevant in today's modern world. Rules from a different time. A country ruled by religion. Because we all know exactly which God they are talking about when we hear God Bless America....the white mans God.

Not having religion forced down by throat is wonderful. So is not having to worry about getting sick and going bankrupt. Not having to worry about discrimination whenever I leave the house....

There is a better world out there. Don't be afraid to go and take a look. You don't owe America shit. Your only loyalty should be to yourself, to live somewhere that affords you the best possible life.

(Also now I live in an actual democracy, not just somewhere that claims to be...but that's a whole other thing)
Most people in America frankly cannot afford to move to a different country, point blank.

I certainly can't.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Most people in America frankly cannot afford to move to a different country, point blank.

I certainly can't.
This. Plus as I said, that leaves less people here to fight for peoples rights as well.

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
abandonedmemories.tumblr.com
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1

I certainly can't.
I left with $7000 to my name. And what I could pack in a suitcase. I'm not saying it's easy, just that it's possible. There are ways around everything.

(I'm aware a lot of people probably don't have seven grand stashed away, I'm just saying you don't need as much as you might think...)

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
This is why I’ve said many times there’s a starch difference between Roe and the two marriage cases. The 14th amendment is quite clear and was cited in both decisions. Any politician worth their salt respects that amendment. It came at a time when the nation was undoing its greatest evil and needed further equal rights protections to back up the 13th.

I seriously doubt the bench is gonna actually look to overturn a full decision based on equal protections and the 14th amendment. Especially when there’s dozens if not hundreds of federal laws on the books that only strengthens the 14th amendment. You can find a law that protects against sex, gender and orientation discrimination in any circumstance.

The only one I’m not sure on is the contraction case as I’m not well versed on it, but if it’s based on privacy like abortion was it could be challenged, but not sure it would be a priority to do so.

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
abandonedmemories.tumblr.com
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
This. Plus as I said, that leaves less people here to fight for peoples rights as well.
There are times to stand and fight. And times to run away to live to fight another day. I see fascism coming to America in a big way in the coming years. That probably sounds pretty crazy to some, but if I'd have told you 7 years ago about Donald Trumps rise to power you wouldn't have believed that either. For me it was time to abandon ship. Repoductive rights is only the start...

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
There are times to stand and fight. And times to run away to live to fight another day. I see fascism coming to America in a big way in the coming years. That probably sounds pretty crazy to some, but if I'd have told you 7 years ago about Donald Trumps rise to power you wouldn't have believed that either. For me it was time to abandon ship. Repoductive rights is only the start...
I mean I only have like 4.95 so, I don’t think I can get further than the end of the driveway with that.

Reactions: Moon Bird

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I do see Moon Bird’s point. If I hated living here, I’d save up and leave. I wouldn’t want to stay somewhere just because I was born there, but like Blaze also said, there’s also great honor in fighting to save your nation and what you believe it can stand for.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I do see Moon Bird’s point. If I hated living here, I’d save up and leave. I wouldn’t want to stay somewhere just because I was born there, but like Blaze also said, there’s also great honor in fighting to save your nation and what you believe it can stand for.
Like if I ever hit the lottery, I’ll honestly think of moving some place, like Canada maybe because I would have the means to. But with my situation and everything, I don’t really have a steady enough income to save and get out. So I’ll do what I can and try to make life better for those who need our support.

Reactions: Moon Bird

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

heavy fucking thread

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Any state that doesn’t at least have provisions for the safety of the mother would be truly evil and anyone calling themselves pro-life needs to make sure their representation includes it. At the very least. Be the mother’s life should matter, too.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

This got voted down thankfully but this bill was introduced earlier this year in Missouri, gonna be a lot of lines sneaked in like this in the south. I wouldn't want to he pregnant in general here

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

This got voted down thankfully but this bill was introduced earlier this year in Missouri, gonna be a lot of lines sneaked in like this in the south. I wouldn't want to he pregnant in general here

It’s bad enough to restrict choice based on “life,” but have the principle to look after the mother’s life as well.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'd almost guarantee Plan B is gone soon, they'll try for all birth control, probably uncessesfully but most southern states won't have issues taking away Plan B plls

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
No one who is pro life was ever pro children, no universal healthcare, no free daycare, insanely overpriced medicine....this is all about control.

Hope y'all like the Handmaid's tale irl.