• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Russo-Ukrainian War Thread (FKA Political Thread)

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Also, if it is true that Roe v Wade, and given what has been leaked, will be overturn that means several LGBT+ cases/laws will be at risk as well meaning they can gay marriage illegal again and even make homosexuality a crime.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS

your country is a piece of shit and you should be fucking ashamed you let it get to this. pathetic, disgusting and repugnant. What the actual FUCK is wrong with your country and why are you letting it happen? Hope you're all proud of yourselves , Republican voters, you once again let this shit happen by stacking the supreme court to change THE PEOPLES WILL. Really fucking nice. I'm disgusted I have to step foot on your soil to go see wrestling. Absolutely fucking shameful display and another step towards killing democracy. Fucking cowards

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Remember so many women were told we were being "hysterical' and "overreacting" when it was stated that Trump being elected would lead to Roe v. Wade being overturned? Various senators have already telegraphed that they will be going after birth control, gay marriage and interracial marriage next.
My heart goes out to my American friends.
Edit: For those asking, GOP Senator Mike Braun stated that States should be able to ban intteracial marriage. He did walk back on it, but only after stating it multiple times. This was just a few weeks ago.
The draft opinion explicitly criticizes Lawrence v. Texas (legalizing sodomy) and Obergefell v. Hodges (legalizing same-sex marriage). Alito says that, like abortion, these decisions protect phony rights that are not "deeply rooted in history." So they're obviously coming for the right to privacy Roe rests on, which includes gay marriage and civil rights.

read this post, with link included, and tell me I'm over-reacting. we all told you this is what they were trying to do but nah, GOP arent racist extremists, only some right?

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
I have two opinions about this. The first I’ll say is I never wanted this outcome. I don’t think it’s really necessary.

That being said, Roe was a reach when the opinion was written. Even avid women’s rights activist Ruth Bader Ginsberg argued there was no constitutional precedent.

My second opinion is this will probably be the last victory for the right for a while. If this opinion goes through, the left will galvanize in ways never seen before. They’ll either win enough seats to pass actual legislation to protect abortion rights, or even better yet pass an actual amendment. They need 60 seats so they just need to win 10 more this year in the midterms. On top of that they’ll push to win more state seats and Governor seats. As a backup plan or even as a one-two punch with the federal legislation, they can pass state legislation to protect this.

I’ve said before this is the number one losing issue for the right and by trying to get a victory here, they’ll probably lose the next several major battles. At the very least, though, if the Democrats can pass state bills across the board and maybe even that constitutional amendment, it’ll be all over. This issue will be over. Once those two things happen, it’s not even a battle anymore. They lost.

Because all this opinion does is kick it back to the states, to continue the fight, but an amendment would end the states battles or if they pass state legislation, game over.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
King Switch said:
My second opinion is this will probably be the last victory for the right for a while. If this opinion goes through, the left will galvanize in ways never seen before.
yep, was my first thought too. Incredibly short sighted just to say they "won"

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I wouldn't even be surprised if this was a catalyst to fairly major Supreme Court changes overall