The Russo-Ukrainian War Thread (FKA Political Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Back before LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act, both the Democratic and Republican party had both liberal and conservative factions. They absolutely were not like the parties of today. This is how, throughout time, they have been able to continue to exist.

Like it or not, times continue to change. Even if it happens slowly, progressive ideals EVENTUALLY overcome conservative ones.

After the Civil Rights act, the parties began to change. Rather than having both liberal and conservative factions, the Republicans began becoming much more conservative and Democrats became towards the American version of left (which is technically still right wing in most of the world).

So, where before, both parties could continue to exist for decades and decades because of having both liberal and conservative factions, Republicans have gotten more and more conservative.

In every presidential election since 1992, Republicans have only won the popular presedential vote one time. And in nearly every congressional election, Democrats have gotten vastly more popular votes than Republicans have in total. But Republicans continue to win small state elections to keep competitive in the Senate in the house.

So the reason we are seeing a lot of Republican governors and legislatures pander further and further right, has very little to do with what those politicians actually believe. But the key to them remaining in power is to continue to pick up the support of the far right, which is a completely loyal voting bloc.

So they don't really need to make justifications for anti trans positions. They simply know it is difficult to have anti gay positions nowadays, but trans people have not been accepted like gay men and lesbians have been. They are able to exploit that fear just like George W Bush exploited the fear of gay marriage to win the popular vote in 2004.

The whole thing is sad because like every prejudice, it's based on ignorance.

A major conservative YouTube channel once posted a video "There are only two genders. Prove me wrong."

Guess who proved them wrong? I mean, even if we consider gender and biological sex to mean the same thing (They haven't since the 1300s when the word gender first became a word), there aren't only two biological sexes. There are at least five biological sexes if not more.

They deleted my comment, which was sourced, and banned me.

Nothing is scarier than the truth. Especially when the lies are all they have left to scare people and therefore keep themselves in power.

Last edited:

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
what-the-fuck-man-wtf.gif

Kevin Owens continues to be correct with his disdain for the state of Texas.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The nuclear fire in Ukraine has been extinguished. This is a huge deal. This was maybe the closest since Vasili Alexandrovich Arkhipov's decision to not launch a nuclear weapon on Florida in 1962 that we have come to nuclear war

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
The nuclear fire in Ukraine has been extinguished. This is a huge deal. This was maybe the closest since Vasili Alexandrovich Arkhipov's decision to not launch a nuclear weapon on Florida in 1962 that we have come to nuclear war

1982's Stanislav Petrov, my friend.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
You know, during the Cold War, this was a fear every single day. I grew up with mutually assured destruction being the scariest thing in the world. We even had duck and cover drills in school.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I was born just after the Cold War ended proper in 1996 but grew up during the fear filled days of Bush and Obama. Not much truly changed, just our enemies changed slowly from without to within as folks like Newt Gengrich pulled the Republican party further right and Obama helped pull the Democratic party further towards the left.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I was born just after the Cold War ended proper in 1996 but grew up during the fear filled days of Bush and Obama. Not much truly changed, just our enemies changed slowly from without to within as folks like Newt Gengrich pulled the Republican party further right and Obama helped pull the Democratic party further towards the left.

Oh no, a lot of things did change. Maybe not as much in this nation, but worldwide.

When I was in elementary school, we held morning prayers against nuclear war.

Our fear doesn't change. Our causes to be afraid do.

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Back before LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act, both the Democratic and Republican party had both liberal and conservative factions. They absolutely were not like the parties of today. This is how, throughout time, they have been able to continue to exist.

Like it or not, times continue to change. Even if it happens slowly, progressive ideals EVENTUALLY overcome conservative ones.

After the Civil Rights act, the parties began to change. Rather than having both liberal and conservative factions, the Republicans began becoming much more conservative and Democrats became towards the American version of left (which is technically still right wing in most of the world).

So, where before, both parties could continue to exist for decades and decades because of having both liberal and conservative factions, Republicans have gotten more and more conservative.

In every presidential election since 1992, Republicans have only won the popular presedential vote one time. And in nearly every congressional election, Democrats have gotten vastly more popular votes than Republicans have in total. But Republicans continue to win small state elections to keep competitive in the Senate in the house.

So the reason we are seeing a lot of Republican governors and legislatures pander further and further right, has very little to do with what those politicians actually believe. But the key to them remaining in power is to continue to pick up the support of the far right, which is a completely loyal voting bloc.

So they don't really need to make justifications for anti trans positions. They simply know it is difficult to have anti gay positions nowadays, but trans people have not been accepted like gay men and lesbians have been. They are able to exploit that fear just like George W Bush exploited the fear of gay marriage to win the popular vote in 2004.

The whole thing is sad because like every prejudice, it's based on ignorance.

A major conservative YouTube channel once posted a video "There are only two genders. Prove me wrong."

Guess who proved them wrong? I mean, even if we consider gender and biological sex to mean the same thing (They haven't since the 1300s when the word gender first became a word), there aren't only two biological sexes. There are at least five biological sexes if not more.

They deleted my comment, which was sourced, and banned me.

Nothing is scarier than the truth. Especially when the lies are all they have left to scare people and therefore keep themselves in power.
Amazing post. Every one needs to read this

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So nothings changed.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl

is this real?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
if that's Pierre Poilievre he's the biggest piece of shit gaslighter in federal parliament lol . not gonna click on the video though

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
So this happened, and yes, this is a post I made in response to the video.