The Russo-Ukrainian War Thread (FKA Political Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Something someone shared? Got it.

The Republican party gets a lot of slack because they have tried to leave it up to the state to make their own laws on such matters. Its easy for people to spin stuff, and its a lot easier for someone to just read a meme than do research. I'm not saying that is what you did here. I've had a lot of people delete me from social media for calling them out on stuff such as that.

I’ve seen it plenty of times where they are fully against it, and people who vote for them normally are against it(not all) so for it to be something on their platform would make sense. Like I said I’m not saying it’s true, because I couldn’t find anything when I googled it.

But the post said

“Reversing gay marriage is officially on the Republican 2020 platform. A vote for the Trump administration is an attack on the LGBTQ+ community.”

If it’s fake, good. Because love is love. People shouldn’t be told they can’t get married because they happen to be the same sex.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Your opinion I guess. I don't think many will share it. Harris was a much more confident speaker and hit some clear shots. Pence was robotic, bland and came off as a phoney recounting standard party lines.

I'm really starting to think you didn't watch the debate. Harris smirked throughout most of the debate, laughed and avoided answering questions.

You say many people don't share my opinion? Fair enough. However 38% of CNN viewers think Pence won. Now what does that tell you there? 38% of an audience of a "news" organization, that is known to be very anti-Trump and very, very left leaning. What does that tell you?

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
I’ve seen it plenty of times where they are fully against it, and people who vote for them normally are against it(not all) so for it to be something on their platform would make sense. Like I said I’m not saying it’s true, because I couldn’t find anything when I googled it.

But the post said

“Reversing gay marriage is officially on the Republican 2020 platform. A vote for the Trump administration is an attack on the LGBTQ+ community.”

If it’s fake, good. Because love is love. People shouldn’t be told they can’t get married because they happen to be the same sex.

I've also been to a few LGBT rallies in Atlanta out at Liberty Plaza. A few members of our state representatives spoke at them, showing support. Guess which party they were? Amanda Swafford, who was our Libertarian candidate for Senator a few years back, was the only non-GOP there.

Also remember, there were some memes going around saying Trump would put black people in chains again. Damn if his economy didn't reduce unemployment numbers in the black community. So i guess its safe to say that meme was wrong.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I've also been to a few LGBT rallies in Atlanta out at Liberty Plaza. A few members of our state representatives spoke at them, showing support. Guess which party they were? Amanda Swafford, who was our Libertarian candidate for Senator a few years back, was the only non-GOP there.

Also remember, there were some memes going around saying Trump would put black people in chains again. Damn if his economy didn't reduce unemployment numbers in the black community. So i guess its safe to say that meme was wrong.

See that’s good, it shows that they have support on the right and I love that. The more support for the LGBT Community the better, and I hope soon it’s like that by a large large margin. Because it truly doesn’t matter.

Most of the ones like that are the really devoted Christians who cherry pick from the Bible. Which hopefully dies out soon, like don’t get me wrong, I love God, I love Jesus. So I’m not one of those people who’s anti Christian or anything. It’s just a lot of people use the Bible as away to justify their hate of gay people.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Mike Pence is against it. Has he changed his tone on that? Since people can change. People grow and learn all the time. It’s why stuff these politicians said 15-20-30 etc years ago I don’t bother with.

What I saw wasn’t a meme by the way, it was no picture or anything like that. Just a straight up post. Like typed out on Facebook.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I'm really starting to think you didn't watch the debate. Harris smirked throughout most of the debate, laughed and avoided answering questions.

You say many people don't share my opinion? Fair enough. However 38% of CNN viewers think Pence won. Now what does that tell you there? 38% of an audience of a "news" organization, that is known to be very anti-Trump and very, very left leaning. What does that tell you?
You do realize that Pence did the EXACT same thing. And using the 38% of CNN’s audience thought Pence won is the worst excuse I ever heard. 38% is still low.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
I think Pence won that debate. In My opinion the first debate was a wash. Biden called Trump a clown, a racist, a liar etc. So I think both came off poorly in that debate, my issue with Trump is he should have done what Pence did. Let Biden talk, then even if it's another question go back to something you want to say about the previous question. Chris Wallace was a fucking disaster as a moderator. I feel like Susan Page actually gave both people chances to answer questions, and was very fair.

Harris comes off unlikeable to me similar to Hillary Clinton. Mike Pence is pretty robotic, but he just stays the course. The guy has to somehow figure out how to defend President Trump that to me might be the hardest position to be in.

Reactions: Swamps

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I think Pence won that debate. In My opinion the first debate was a wash. Biden called Trump a clown, a racist, a liar etc. So I think both came off poorly in that debate, my issue with Trump is he should have done what Pence did. Let Biden talk, then even if it's another question go back to something you want to say about the previous question. Chris Wallace was a fucking disaster as a moderator. I feel like Susan Page actually gave both people chances to answer questions, and was very fair.

Harris comes off unlikeable to me similar to Hillary Clinton. Mike Pence is pretty robotic, but he just stays the course. The guy has to somehow figure out how to defend President Trump that to me might be the hardest position to be in.

I agree with this. Pence came into the debate with much more of an uphill battle than Harris which is why his performance should be applauded. Harris did nothing to further her agenda while Pence managed to defend Trump and landed some strong shots at Harris.

Reactions: Necro

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
You do realize that Pence did the EXACT same thing. And using the 38% of CNN’s audience thought Pence won is the worst excuse I ever heard. 38% is still low.

38% of an audience of a network that has been completely broken by TDS is pretty significant. I understand you are young and are still developing. That is not an insult to you. As you gain more wisdom in your years, you start looking at a larger picture. More outside of the box. When you see that 38% of those who favor your opposition, think you are out doing them, that is significant. Now, if it was 38% of a news outlet that leans heavy to the right, then it shows almost a fourth of potential conservative voters maybe second guessing their choice.

And no, Pence did not do the exact same thing.

Blaze, I dont have an answer for your question. However, I am interested myself so i'm going to look into it.

Last edited:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
38% of an audience of a network that has been completely broken by TDS is pretty significant. I understand you are young and are still developing. That is not an insult to you. As you gain more wisdom in your years, you start looking at a larger picture. More outside of the box. When you see that 38% of those who favor your opposition, think you are out doing them, that is significant. Now, if it was 38% of a news outlet that leans heavy to the right, then it shows almost a fourth of potential conservative voters maybe second guessing their choice.

And no, Pence did not do the exact same thing. I'm wondering if you actually watched it too.

Blaze, I dont have an answer for your question. However, I am interested myself so i'm going to look into it.

He said that 33% of those watching were democrat, 31% were republican, and the rest were independent. And yes, Pence did do that. She asked him a question and he literally said I’m going to use my time to answer the prior question and did so.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Just voted :kobe3

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

375x250.jpg

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I did think it was funny this old dude I've seen around work bc he's friends with other old people that work here was leaving when I came in and he said "Hey son...VOTE RIGHT!" :heston