The Russo-Ukrainian War Thread (FKA Political Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

RALEIGH, N.C. — President Joe Biden tried to turn his disappointing debate performance into a rallying cry for his supporters at an event on Friday, painting himself as down but not out as some in his party whisper about replacing him atop the ticket.

"I know I'm not a young man. I don't walk as easy as I used to. I don’t speak as smoothly as I used to. I don’t debate as well as I used to, but I know what I do know — I know how to tell the truth!" an energetic Biden said, nodding at the criticism he received following Thursday night's debate while contrasting it with assessments about the accuracy of several statements by former President Donald Trump.

Reactions: Butters

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I don’t know shit about golf, what’s a handicap in golf lol
I do know I should be getting a Disabled Veterans tag that will allow me to park in Handicap spots soon. Won't get anymore $100 tickets soon! Hooray!

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score

RALEIGH, N.C. — President Joe Biden tried to turn his disappointing debate performance into a rallying cry for his supporters at an event on Friday, painting himself as down but not out as some in his party whisper about replacing him atop the ticket.

"I know I'm not a young man. I don't walk as easy as I used to. I don’t speak as smoothly as I used to. I don’t debate as well as I used to, but I know what I do know — I know how to tell the truth!" an energetic Biden said, nodding at the criticism he received following Thursday night's debate while contrasting it with assessments about the accuracy of several statements by former President Donald Trump.
Honestly if he said that last night at the beginning it would have won some over i think.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court on Friday rejected a bid to delay a prison sentence for longtime Trump ally Steve Bannon as he appeals his conviction for defying a subpoena in the congressional investigation into the U.S. Capitol insurrection.

Bannon filed an emergency appeal after a judge ordered him to report to prison July 1 for a four-month sentence for defying a subpoena from the House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack. The court previously denied a similar request from another Trump aide.

BSE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Sports Team
nnLKsfY
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6

So it’s either the 81 year old who struggles to complete sentences or the 78 year old pathological liar.

And people wonder why young people don’t vote.

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Making it seem like the worst thing about Trump is that he's a pathological liar, makes him stand in such a better light, than calling him what he actually is and calling out what he stands for. His second term would be far, far more devastating to a lot of people (many of them are gonna vote for him anyways, as they can't comprehend what they are doing), than his first one was... and everyone knows how bad that one was.

Reactions: BSE

BSE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Sports Team
nnLKsfY
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Making it seem like the worst thing about Trump is that he's a pathological liar, makes him stand in such a better light, than calling him what he actually is and calling out what he stands for. His second term would be far, far more devastating to a lot of people (many of them are gonna vote for him anyways, as they can't comprehend what they are doing), than his first one was... and everyone knows how bad that one was.
That’s a fair point. I wasn’t trying to downplay everything Trump has done but it does read that way. Sorry.

Reactions: Death By Looch

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
That’s a fair point. I wasn’t trying to downplay everything Trump has done but it does read that way. Sorry.
No need to apologize, my friend. I'm sure you weren't trying to downplay it. I just feel it can't be pointed out often enough.

Reactions: BSE

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah it's the overall narrative regardless of what anyone here is saying anyway. "I know he lies but at least he's coherent" is gonna be the number one reason people who are conflicted vote that way, we'll be hearing it a ton.

Also, DNC is doing crazy damage control that makes it seem like Biden did even worse than the original headlines made it seem (I didn't watch all I have to go by) like even Obama has tweeted about how not everyone has a good debate, the damage control is doing the opposite affect for me than it's intended lol

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
Local news posted that CNN did a poll and 66% said Trump did better.

Meanwhile, Newsweek says that more undecided voters are leaning towards Biden over Trump after the debate.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Local news posted that CNN did a poll and 66% said Trump did better.

Meanwhile, Newsweek says that more undecided voters are leaning towards Biden over Trump after the debate.

FiveThirtyEight has it insanely close but today it's slightly been swinging more Biden for whatever that means, it was closer yesterday. But still so close it's meaningless tbh lol

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
If it were solely about the actual substance of either of their campaigns, it would be a different story... but sadly way too many people (and way too many media outlets) treat these elections like some form of American Idol.

Reactions: Butters

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So it’s either the 81 year old who struggles to complete sentences or the 78 year old pathological liar.

And people wonder why young people don’t vote.

This is why the ones running for this shitshow are octagenarians.

BSE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Sports Team
nnLKsfY
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
This is why the ones running for this shitshow are octagenarians.
Sure blame the young people, and not the system that allows it to happen. At least we finally beat medicaid.

• Love
Reactions: Swamps