• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Russo-Ukrainian War Thread (FKA Political Thread)

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
I mean, in the history of US Politics, a president has managed to maintain control of congress only twice.

So I dunno if you can call it a disaster when it was within expected bounds.

Actually, a lot of political pundits are saying this was not nearly as bad for Democrats as it could have been.

If this had been Barack Obama I’m not sure this looks this deadlocked. The Trump hatred and the social issues should have seen a massive blue wave here.

I agree it’s not as bad as it could been, though. Republicans also had every opportunity for their red wave. That’s the issue here. Neither were able to do much change. They mostly kept their existing seats.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Also looking at most of the Texas results, this is some of the strictest "vote for your party exclusively" elections I've seen, there's barely any variance between the percentage republicans and dems got in most races, usually some variety in the races even if Republicans still win them all

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Minnesota though hit the big trifecta though for the first time in decades.

The DFL controls the governorship, the state house, and the state senate was flipped with last night's results. Which means Minnesota is likely in line for legalized Marijuana in the next few years.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
ThanksGriming said:
Minnesota though hit the big trifecta though for the first time in decades. The DFL controls the governorship, the state house, and the state senate was flipped with last night's results. Which means Minnesota is likely in line for legalized Marijuana in the next few years.
you gonna start smoking? :brodgers

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
"It coulda been worse" is about all I'd say, nothing to celebrate with the way some states voted still
Especially considering Walker/Warnock looks like it'll go to a runoff.

But I'm amazed people could vote for that fucking clown especially after all of his family issues came out. I guess some people really only care that he used to play football.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
ThanksGriming said:
Especially considering Walker/Warnock looks like it'll go to a runoff. But I'm amazed people could vote for that fucking clown especially after all of his family issues came out. I guess some people really only care that he used to play football.
Nah it's just the R by his name, I doubt that's exclusive to Texas. All the ads this year weren't "vote me bc I'm good" it was "vote me bc the other party will destroy America" and people believe that regardless of their side

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
If this had been Barack Obama I’m not sure this looks this deadlocked. The Trump hatred and the social issues should have seen a massive blue wave here.

I agree it’s not as bad as it could been, though. Republicans also had every opportunity for their red wave. That’s the issue here. Neither were able to do much change. They mostly kept their existing seats.
well the opposite could be said too, inflation at an all time high and high conflict abroad isnt exactly a winning combination for a sitting president. everyone was predicting a red massacre and that just didn't happen.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
That election going to a runoff is pretty hilarious bc it's hc a libertarian candidate got 2% of the votes do they were at 49% each

Kross Rhodes

well the opposite could be said too, inflation at an all time high and high conflict abroad isnt exactly a winning combination for a sitting president. everyone was predicting a red massacre and that just didn't happen.
That’s what I’m saying. Both had these huge issues that caused absolutely no real change. That’s why I said it looks bad for both.

Kross Rhodes

That election going to a runoff is pretty hilarious bc it's hc a libertarian candidate got 2% of the votes do they were at 49% each
It’s absolutely going to the runoff. It’s such a weird rule, but I kinda get it. Forced people to be sure of who won and there’s no margin I guess.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Nah it's just the R by his name, I doubt that's exclusive to Texas. All the ads this year weren't "vote me bc I'm good" it was "vote me bc the other party will destroy America" and people believe that regardless of their side
Yeah you'd be surprised how many people in Minnesota openly told me, "Matt Birk used to be a Minnesota Viking, that's why I'm voting for him as Lieutenant Governor".

Little did people realize the moment Birk opened his mouth about being raped not being a good reason to get an abortion doomed him to the more moderate voters. Jensen was an all time worst candidate that the Minnesota Republican Party has ever shoved on stage.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Switchblade said:
It’s absolutely going to the runoff. It’s such a weird rule, but I kinda get it. Forced people to be sure of who won and there’s no margin I guess.
I like the rule myself too, it's just funny when it's a 2% candidate that causes it. I get why it's frustrating bc people want results now but I think it's a very fair way to do it

Kross Rhodes

545CB67B-93D5-4B00-ACBC-97F2E7F82E20.png

This still gives me the biggest kick. Three different Republicans on the polls and they collectively have over 90% of the vote. Might be a more red state than Texas proportionally speaking.