The Russo-Ukrainian War Thread (FKA Political Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Like I didn’t call you a name, I didn’t say anything other than I was nice to you when I probably PROBABLY shouldn’t have. That’s it. I could have said way worse, but I won’t because I’m not sinking to name calling. But for once I’m not gonna tell others not to do it like I normally would.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
And yet the old bag didn't retire when Obama was in office.... :drphil
She probably should have, but it’s hard to say how that would have changed history. If the bench still has the other two recent Justices, it still overturns 5-4.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
She probably should have, but it’s hard to say how that would have changed history. If the bench still has the other two recent Justices, it still overturns 5-4.
RBG should've retired and Obama should've told Mitch to go fuck himself and brought in Garland....who wasn't even a liberal.

That would've been actual balance.

Reactions: Swamps

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
But alas,,,,none of that happened....because the Democrats are feckless.

Dakstang

Offensive
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
YvaoyYu
They didn’t. The 14th already rules you can’t stop a group of people doing something that’s legal for other groups based on their immutable characteristics. And there’s plenty of laws I cited that only embolden that law.

Roe isn’t the same. They ruled that based off privacy and even Ruth Bader Ginsburg knew it would eventually be overturned.
Clarence Thomas doesn't share that opinion and he seems to be the majority leader of the Supreme Court at the moment.

I wouldn't bet on it.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Clarence Thomas doesn't share that opinion and he seems to be the majority leader of the Supreme Court at the moment.

I wouldn't bet on it.
He’s the oldest living member of the Bench and from a different era. I wouldn’t hold out hope he’s gonna sway a majority opinion on that from this bench.

Because it’s not just an opinion. The equal protections clause is written there in plain English.

Dakstang

Offensive
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
YvaoyYu
Like I didn’t call you a name, I didn’t say anything other than I was nice to you when I probably PROBABLY shouldn’t have. That’s it. I could have said way worse, but I won’t because I’m not sinking to name calling. But for once I’m not gonna tell others not to do it like I normally would.
I am not calling for any rights to be taken away.

You think I don't deserve niceness because of a different opinion.

It is as simple as that.

I just find it quite sad that is what we have came to in this country.

Basically, "Disagree with me and you are a piece of shit."

I don't think any of you deserve people being mean to you. I don't think you are bad people. We just simply disagree. It makes me and people who share my opinions not want to participate because of being attacked.

Is that a good atmosphere to foster?

Will it help the issues in this country to further divide?

Dakstang

Offensive
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
YvaoyYu
He’s the oldest living member of the Bench and from a different era. I wouldn’t hold out hope he’s gonna sway a majority opinion on that from this bench.

Because it’s not just an opinion. The equal protections clause is written there in plain English.
I would argue it does not apply the way you are attempting to apply it.

We'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

Even 6 months ago most people wouldn't have thought Roe v. Wade could have ever been overturned.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I am not calling for any rights to be taken away.

You think I don't deserve niceness because of a different opinion.

It is as simple as that.

I just find it quite sad that is what we have came to in this country.

Basically, "Disagree with me and you are a piece of shit."

I don't think any of you deserve people being mean to you. I don't think you are bad people. We just simply disagree. It makes me and people who share my opinions not want to participate because of being attacked.

Is that a good atmosphere to foster?

Will it help the issues in this country to further divide?
It’s not this. Me and Smark disagree on what to do with guns. I don’t think badly of him. But yeah you do want rights taken away. You forgot you’ve told me point blank before in the chat that gay marriage should be illegal because of your religious beliefs. Nothing about it when I asked after you first got here had anything to do with what you’re claiming now. You’re just using it to hide behind your views. If someone wants to take rights away from just a certain group, then yeah. I’m not gonna think you’re a good person. Sorry.

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I would argue it does not apply the way you are attempting to apply it.

We'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

Even 6 months ago most people wouldn't have thought Roe v. Wade could have ever been overturned.
Roe was always being threatened. Like I said earlier it’s a drastically different story. Read RBG’s comments at the time. Even as an avid women’s rights activist she felt the decision came from the wrong precedence and would be fallible.

Dakstang

Offensive
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
YvaoyYu
It’s not this. Me and Smark disagree on what to do with guns. I don’t think badly of him. But yeah you do want rights taken away. You forgot you’ve told me point blank before in the chat that gay marriage should be illegal because of your religious beliefs. Nothing about it when I asked after you first got here had anything to do with what you’re claiming now. You’re just using it to hide behind your views. If someone wants to take rights away from just a certain group, then yeah. I’m not gonna think you’re a good person. Sorry.
What you mean when you say rights and what I mean when I say rights is completely different.

I am using rights as in the 'Bill of Rights'. Rights granted to Americans by the Constitution of the United States. So no, no rights were taken away.

You are using rights in some broad sense as in human rights. Which really has no set definition like the form I am using the term rights.

We are talking about the Supreme Court and the Constitution here. Not some broad term defined by opinion.

I think that is where the disconnect is.

And if you think I am a bad person because I say abortion or gay marriage isn't a right granted by the constitution, then I don't really know what to say.

Because that is illogical.

Now you can argue that it is not ethical or not nice to oppose it. But saying it is not granted by the Constitution is simply a cold hard fact.

I am not arguing whether it is right. I am saying they need to go about it the right way instead of using activist Judges to legislate.

Do I support gay marriage morally? No. I would support civil unions in which they are afforded all the same benefits.

But I am a piece of shit because the Constitution didn't grant them that right?

Silly.

Last edited:

Dakstang

Offensive
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
YvaoyYu
Roe was always being threatened. Like I said earlier it’s a drastically different story. Read RBG’s comments at the time. Even as an avid women’s rights activist she felt the decision came from the wrong precedence and would be fallible.
Some people warned that it faced potential danger. But the vast majority of people didn't really believe it.

You know that is fact.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Speaking of gun safety, Biden officially signed the biggest gun control measure in decades.

This has to also be the biggest bipartisan legislation in ages as well. Several Republicans cosponsored the bill and a near record 14 GOP Senators voted for it allowing the floor to bypass the filibuster.

These republicans are already facing backlash from other gop politicians and voters, but I knew if you could pool a bunch of other really solid measures together and drop any specific bans on the tools and focused on keeping them out of the wrong hands, more Republicans would be more willing to come to the table and they did. This could be huge.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Show me where I called you a piece of shit, I’ll wait. I would reply to everything else but damn, you type so annoyingly. Like everything has to be a new damn line. But hey, you’re already saying I said shit.