The Russo-Ukrainian War Thread (FKA Political Thread)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
What ever happened to the idea of building a wall between church and state?

By allowing people who hold religious beliefs to wield any kind of power isn't that letting church become a part of the state?

Everyone is free to believe what they wish, but as soon as one persons beliefs start messing with the laws that impact everyone I have an issue. God should not even be mentioned when arguing for anything political. Not war, not abortions, not anything. Keep God in church and out of political discourse.

And while I'm on the subject, get Gods name out of national songs and off the money! In God some people trust. Doesn't mean it should be forced on everyone.

Does this mean - anyone who has any sort of religious beliefs should never be in any position of power ever. And just atheists? Bit confused tbh

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
abandonedmemories.tumblr.com
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Does this mean - anyone who has any sort of religious beliefs should never be in any position of power ever. And just atheists? Bit confused tbh
Right now I believe the supreme court bench is 100% christian.

Why don't we start by fixing that and having a little more religious and non-religious representation up there?

As for your question, that would depend on if they could make decisions without religious bias entering into it.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Separation of church and state doesn’t mean religious people can’t hold office or vote based on their political beliefs. It means they can’t force you to adopt their religion through a state mandated religion. The founding fathers were highly religious who believed you had the right to practice your own chosen religion. The colonists originally escaped religious persecution. They didn’t want a godless state as most people back then believed in god. And they based the bill of rights on what they considered god given rights afforded to all people.

I say this as someone who doesn’t believe, either.

God wasn’t on money until the late 50s I believe.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Right now I believe the supreme court bench is 100% christian.

Why don't we start by fixing that and having a little more religious and non-religious representation up there?

As for your question, that would depend on if they could make decisions without religious bias entering into it.

Supreme Court is US shizness - I was making a more general point.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
King Switch said:
That's because money is your god from then on....hence the way people in power can easily choose money over the health and safety of it's own people.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Separation of church and state doesn’t mean religious people can’t hold office or vote based on their political beliefs. It means they can’t force you to adopt their religion through a state mandated religion. The founding fathers were highly religious who believed you had the right to practice your own chosen religion. The colonists originally escaped religious persecution. They didn’t want a godless state as most people back then believed in god. And they based the bill of rights on what they considered god given rights afforded to all people.

These are half-truths if anything else, only the colony of Massachusetts Bay was founded on the back of religious purposes, and the Puritans themselves never outright said it was because of religious persecution. In fact, they were never persecuted on the basis of their religion. They were being persecuted for their involvement and spearheading of the Execution and Murder of Charles I of England. The Puritans were surprisingly forward thinking in regards to religious freedom and free interpretation of the Gospels... except for when it came to Catholics, Quakers, Anglicans, Native Americans, and Africans. The Puritans left for Massachussetts Bay so they could practice their own kooky religious cult without oversight of the Crown, even if they were forced to give perfunctory loyalty to Great Britain.

The colony of Virginia and Maryland were all started as diehard loyalists looking to expand their capitalist gains in the New World. All lands south of New England were outright built on the ideal of becoming rich and currying royal favor through the expansion of at one time the Spanish closely held secret of Tobacco farming. Zero religious persecution in these regions.

Secondly, Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin were both nonbelievers in the Christian faith and had stated as much in their personal discourses and writings to friends.

Reactions: Alexa

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
We’ll aside from which colony escaped persecution personally. That’s the point of freedom of religion being the first amendment and everything else is accurate.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
And two fathers being nonreligious doesn’t change that the majority were. God is in most founding documents.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Just pointing out that America's own colonial history is complicated and not as clear-cut as people want to teach in schools. It's always, "In 1492, Columbus founded the Western Hemisphere! Then about two centuries later, the Puritans crossed with the Mayflower, and then some weirdos founded Jamestown or something... bada bing bada boom, Britain got mean and America won its freedom!" Without realizing any of the nuances behind that 200-year span of time between Columbus and the founding of America.

Hell, I'm extremely doubtful anyone on this site from the US knows much about King Phillip's War (the deadliest American war per capita), King William's War, or The French and Indian War (known as the Seven Years' War in Europe) before the American Revolution. Those events are extremely important to actually formulate what would become the independent ideals of New England. Even after all that time, colonies like the Carolinas, Virginia, and Georgia were all still somewhat loyalist to the crown and only became entrenched in independent idealism with George Washington's power of personality and Virginian Gentilism.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Secondly, Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin were both nonbelievers in the Christian faith and had stated as much in their personal discourses and writings to friends.
You forgot about Thomas Paine and John Admas as well as that most were Christain Deist

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

idk hunting down trans and women who have abortions to put them in jail seem like religious persecution to me , call me crazy!

Reactions: Moon Bird

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Someone was arrested in Texas and was planning on bringing a gun to school to do God knows what.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler