The Rock's Worst Night

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

At Backlash 2003, the last night the Rock was in the WWE until his return in 2004, was probably the Rock's worst night in my opinion. It looked to be as if he was running low on material and did not really know what he was going to do before his interview and his match with Goldberg. He was tweeking the entire night. The month before against Austin, he did nothing like this, but his rivalry with Goldberg he appeared to be on some sort of drug or something. He was extremely wacked out here. Does anyone see this the way I do?

Also in addition to his "hollywood" character in 2003, did anyone else think the Rock came off a little "homosexual?" He could totally pass for being gay here.

[YT]SwTTdWXCaAM[/YT]
[YT]_iGLyHN3eoM[/YT]
[YT]XZK36TzVXfM[/YT]

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Weird, The Rock was my favorite of all time and I don't even remember this. I didn't even know that these 2 fought, let alone at a ppv. But I don't know where the whole homo sexual thing came from. But he did seem off in that 1st promo. Like he was forcing it. The 2nd promo seemed like your typical Rock promo.

Reaction score
I forgot these two even had a feud. Must not have been memorable, but then again, Goldberg's time in the 'E' was doomed to be shit they day they signed him.

Airfixx

Rock V Goldberg was basically:

*Rock: "I'm a star.... Who the fuck is this new jabroni?"

*Comentary: "Wow! Rock's gonna get his ass kicked... Goldberg is a proven force"

*Goldberg: "Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

*Goldberg beats Rock at Backlash.

To be honest I reckon Rock had just taken his foot off the gas by that point as he knew he was on his way out.

HHH v Goldberg was significantly better (mainly thanks to HHHs promo's) but overall Goldberg in WWE was shite.

Edit: Just read his Wiki page cos I couldn't recall anything else besides the above and the fued with Lesnar... After Rock he fueded with Jericho.... TOTALLY forgot about that one! LOL

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
It looked like somebody slipped him some E...

Wordlife

dude I think he was high as shit man.... and yeah he seems gay lol

LMAO WHISKER BISCUIT BALD-HEADED BITCH.... THAT WAS CLASSIC!

Ajax

Reaction score
It seems like to me that he just didn't care. It was his last night in the WWE before he went back to Hollywood.

xtremebadass

The only thing the Rock hasn't done is make a white baby! *pulls pants up*

It was the only animal the Rock could think of!!!

Great One

Firstly, insane, I was just watching his 'goodbye speech' thing after this match. Uh... Hollywood Rock was the fucking best, you must have not been watching WWE or seen The Rock at this time because this is pretty much how he always acted. Completely erratic and jokingly about everything. The point was he wasn't in the spotlight anymore so he could just fuck around, I'm sure he felt more comfortable like that. In the first one, he's probably just acting nervous, and after the match he's all jittery and freaked because he just got his ass kicked.

Lmao... "it feels big." What exactly is wrong with these promos? Seriously, sounds like you're just trying to nitpick stupid shit. He comes off gay? He's wearing leather pants with a vest.. NO SHIT. It's apart of the whole damn Hollywood character.

the dark knight

^^dude i didnt even bother responding to the idiots. dont waste your time.

xtremebadass

Firstly, insane, I was just watching his 'goodbye speech' thing after this match. Uh... Hollywood Rock was the fucking best, you must have not been watching WWE or seen The Rock at this time because this is pretty much how he always acted. Completely erratic and jokingly about everything. The point was he wasn't in the spotlight anymore so he could just fuck around, I'm sure he felt more comfortable like that. In the first one, he's probably just acting nervous, and after the match he's all jittery and freaked because he just got his ass kicked.

Lmao... "it feels big." What exactly is wrong with these promos? Seriously, sounds like you're just trying to nitpick stupid shit. He comes off gay? He's wearing leather pants with a vest.. NO SHIT. It's apart of the whole damn Hollywood character.

I'm not nitpicking, I am just pointing out points I thought were hilarious. These are priceless, not once did I say anything was wrong with these promos. It's not typical Rock, he was like tweeking, I thought it was funny, so what?

^^dude i didnt even bother responding to the idiots. dont waste your time.

Who's an idiot?

Great One

was probably the Rock's worst night in my opinion. It looked to be as if he was running low on material and did not really know what he was going to do before his interview and his match with Goldberg. He was tweeking the entire night.

noumenon

I don't see anything wrong with any of these. He was simply acting like goofy heel Rock. And he was actually nervous and twitchy because he was facing Goldberg. End of story.

xtremebadass

I didn't say anything bad. I thought it was hilarious, it wasn't an average Rock promo, why you painting the picture like I am dissing the Rock or something? Even on the Rock's "worst" night doesn't mean he is bad at all, you should know that and know I was just joking, it's a Rock promo, stop being so serious jeez.

Great One

That's not at all how it came across, I'm not serious I just interrupted it like I read it, lol. You're explaining it entirely differently now. Oh well, whatever, The Rock is the man, all that matters.