The Rock must compete on Raw or Smackdown

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Laura said:
It was just my opinion. Like I said, I don't care. I'm not a casual and I'm too cynical to be moved by popularity.

from a smark point of view, his mic segments are great and he can rip apart almost any superstar in wwe today in a mic war, except jericho.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
JeebaK said:
from a smark point of view, his mic segments are great and he can rip apart almost any superstar in wwe today in a mic war, except jericho.

From most people's "smark point of view" here, his mic work has been less than satisfactory to say the least. Personally, I would go as far as saying I have been bored multiple times listening to The Rock on the stick recently.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:
From most people's "smark point of view" here, his mic work has been less than satisfactory to say the least. Personally, I would go as far as saying I have been bored multiple times listening to The Rock on the stick recently.

As far as dirtsheets suggests, he has been asked by vince to tone it down a bit since his return.
One because wwe still has a pg rating, and two so that he doesnt make his opponents look too bad.
It would be foolish to think that someone who has entertained us years after years with his mic, against the likes of taker tripple h jericho and austin has suddenly lost it.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
JeebaK said:
As far as dirtsheets suggests, he has been asked by vince to tone it down a bit since his return.
One because wwe still has a pg rating, and two so that he doesnt make his opponents look too bad.
It would be foolish to think that someone who has entertained us years after years with his mic, against the likes of taker tripple h jericho and austin has suddenly lost it.
Sources on that? I frequent a lot of wrestling sites and have seen no reports on the Rock being asked to "tone it down".
Also. Of course it is conceivable that Rock can "lose it". He might not be in sync with the current product, with him being from another era of it that is very likely, since he is used to working a certain way. When Rock was in his hayday he improvised a lot of his promos, now he works with a private writer writing them for him. He also isn't as used to working with the people he is working with now. When you work with people more, you get more comfortable working with them and thus can improvise, try new things and help each other improve more.

Rock can loose his touch, but that does not necessarily mean that he is bad, just that he needs to get in sync with the current WWE product.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
JeebaK said:
Cough cough punk cough cough

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
JeebaK said:

Summer of punk? Pipebomb? Are you high?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Crayo said:

I skipped through every segment of Raw last week, so I only read comments on that promo, and of course his RR promo sucked, but his promos on Punk leading up to the Rumble were as good as I would expect from Rock.

He had a bad promo week last week at Raw & the Rumble but I think people are getting carried away acting like Rock on the stick is just old news now

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Danielson said:
Summer of punk? Pipebomb? Are you high?

Summer of Punk consisted of one really good promo in a scenario that he was given a lot of free reign and then a few one liners directed towards smarks like calling superstars out by former gimmicks.

Punk doesn't hold candle to Rock's mic work history.

Reactions: Swift

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
It's subjective. I hate it when subjective topics get turned into "This person IS NOT as good as this person" etc., as if it was fact.

Summer of Punk consisted of multiple great promos in my opinion. The only Rock promo I'm really glad I didn't miss during his feud with CM Punk was his concert. It made me laugh and it's a highlight of this year so far. The rest have been mediocre at best for me, and CM Punk -- especially last week -- has come off better. Just like John Cena did when he went against The Rock on the mic.

Dolph, what do you expect from Rock promos?

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
Sources on that? I frequent a lot of wrestling sites and have seen no reports on the Rock being asked to "tone it down".
Also. Of course it is conceivable that Rock can "lose it". He might not be in sync with the current product, with him being from another era of it that is very likely, since he is used to working a certain way. When Rock was in his hayday he improvised a lot of his promos, now he works with a private writer writing them for him. He also isn't as used to working with the people he is working with now. When you work with people more, you get more comfortable working with them and thus can improvise, try new things and help each other improve more.

Rock can loose his touch, but that does not necessarily mean that he is bad, just that he needs to get in sync with the current WWE product.

When u say another era you probably have attitude era in mind, but bear in mind he was part as the ruthless agression era too and didnt dissapoint either.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
JeebaK said:
When u say another era you probably have attitude era in mind, but bear in mind he was part as the ruthless agression era too and didnt dissapoint either.

Still doesn't dispute my point. Rock worked with a mostly different roster as well as a different creative and company direction. He's out of touch for the most part.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:
It's subjective. I hate it when subjective topics get turned into "This person IS NOT as good as this person" etc., as if it was fact.

What's the difference? lol
Is adding "IMO" at the end of a sentence really necessary after every post?
It's obvious when something's an opinion or not.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Summer of Punk consisted of one really good promo in a scenario that he was given a lot of free reign and then a few one liners directed towards smarks like calling superstars out by former gimmicks.

Punk doesn't hold candle to Rock's mic work history.

It was still pretty sick, and he can hold his own. Also the Original summer of punk, he was killin it on the mic too.