The Rock must compete on Raw or Smackdown

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Reaction score
The Rock is the WWE Champion. He will be champion at Wrestlemania. In the meantime there will be many Raws to watch. It is expected for the WWE Champion to compete on Raw to help build WrestleMania. The Rock must wrestle atleast on Raw. We can't have a healthy champion avoid wrestling on TV. That just isn't good business. Plus him wrestling on TV will boost ratings.

Do you think The Rock will wrestle on Raw or Smackdown before WrestleMania?

Do you think if The Rock does not wrestle on TV that it can hurt the WrestleMania hype?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Nobody wants to see Rock wrestle, they want to see him talk. His matches blow, and personally I don't want to sit through any more of them than I have to.

Reactions: RoyalRaven

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
He doesn't need to wrestle and he shouldn't. The more you keep his matches a mystery; the more tickets you will sell.

Plus, the last thing WWE want to see is their biggest draw injured. His ring skills are incredibly rusty at the moment too.

CrayJ Lee

Champion
Reaction score
Website
bewitchingbennett.tumblr.com
If he's going to stay WWE Champion until Wrestlemania then THE LEAST he should be doing is competing once a week on Raw or Smackdown. He needs to maintain legitimacy to being WWE Champion and demonstrate that he deserves it to the audience against various opponents.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
geekgoddess said:
If he's going to stay WWE Champion until Wrestlemania then THE LEAST he should be doing is competing once a week on Raw or Smackdown. He needs to maintain legitimacy to being WWE Champion and demonstrate that he deserves it to the audience against various opponents.

lmao. The Rock doesn't need to demonstrate shit. He's the Rock.

The WWE Title is gaining prestige by the minute, as we speak, just by The Rock being the holder of that belt. The Rock doesn't need to wrestle on free tv, and he won't.

Reactions: Swift

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think they should make Rock wrestle on weekly shows, as D'Z said, him wrestling these days is not really the best thing and in that case it should be kept to special occasions.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I can see him participating in maybe ONE tag team match on raw before mania. I honestly expect it, but don't expect much more.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Rock should wrestle at least one Raw while he's WWE champion. Sure he may have ring rust and they don't want him to get injured, so I'm not talking 30 minute matches with Punk or Cena, he could simply do a 1 minute match with Jinder, then pwn him on the mic. Every time Rock wrestles he looks exhausted, giving him a little squash match would emphasize that he's a badass to the guys who haven't been watching wrestling as long as us, they need to see Rock dominate someone.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Respect Goku6425 said:
Rock should wrestle at least one Raw while he's WWE champion. Sure he may have ring rust and they don't want him to get injured, so I'm not talking 30 minute matches with Punk or Cena, he could simply do a 1 minute match with Jinder, then pwn him on the mic. Every time Rock wrestles he looks exhausted, giving him a little squash match would emphasize that he's a badass to the guys who haven't been watching wrestling as long as us, they need to see Rock dominate someone.

This, i expect to see him in a squash match or two.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
Well ...keeping Rock just for PPVs will guarantee them better sells, that's for sure.

Dolph'sZiggler said:
Nobody wants to see Rock wrestle, they want to see him talk. His matches blow, and personally I don't want to sit through any more of them than I have to.

It's not that he is entertaining us with his promos at the moment though, his promos are becoming stale big time imo.

Lingstar

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I think he should at least wrestle a couple of times, there's a lot of shows between now and WM and if he's holding the title still he should be in competition, even if it is a few squash matches. This is of course providing WWE don't throw some massive unexpected curveball and give the title back to Punk like I wish they would!
Surely by having a few matches the ring rust may get shaken off a little...might even make his WM match better for the viewers.

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
I don't really care about anything the Rock does. Why bother? He'll be gone in a couple months. Anyway, the less we see of him, the better. The novelty's long gone already.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Laura said:
I don't really care about anything the Rock does. Why bother? He'll be gone in a couple months. Anyway, the less we see of him, the better. The novelty's long gone already.

Why bother? Because atm hes the only proper superstar in wwe besides Cena. Punk isnt in their league yet.

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
JeebaK said:
Why bother? Because atm hes the only proper superstar in wwe besides Cena. Punk isnt in their league yet.

It was just my opinion. Like I said, I don't care. I'm not a casual and I'm too cynical to be moved by popularity.