AMA The Ripple Effect

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

Three Days after St. Patrick's Day Smash

We are in the thick of an ongoing match at Korakuen Hall. It is a trios match for the CJW Trios Titles. Cali Hayama is in the ring as the legal competitor for her team while her partners, Vampiress, and Ririko are on the outside after a chaotic scene. Their opponents, all clad in golden attires, act like dangerous Goddesses challenging for their title. One of them, wearing a half-mask on her face, is lying in wait on the floor and the other, with a golden skirt on, is taken out on the outside, lying next to Vampiress. In the ring with Cali, is a taller woman and she has Cali trapped in the corner as we hear the English commentary from James O’Connell and Stephanie Starr.

O’Connell: This trios match is one of the more chaotic ones we’ve seen since MAYHEM won the belts. Defense number 8 for these ladies in their 315 day title reign as Cali Hayama is being cornered by the Goddess of Marvelous, Saki Manase!

Starr: MAYHEM have kept strong, even with Cali Hayama doing a lot of travel, but they are on fumes.

O’Connell: But so are Marvelous. Mina Hirata was taken outside with Vampiress and YUNA also took some damage.

Showing some fight, Cali Hayama ducks a forearm from Manase and quickly follows through with some hard kicks, the fans clapping to get behind her. Taking a big step back, Cali charges. The leader of Marvelous dodges, but Cali is quick to adjust, running up the turnbuckles and flipping back with a huge whisper in the wind!

O’Connell: Barrel Roll!

Starr: Beautiful move by Cali Hayama, that’s how you take down a large opponent.

Cali Hayama goes for the cover, holding the back of her neck.

One

Two

T-

And a kick out by Saki Manase. Rolling on the mat, Cali Hayama holds the back of her head and pounds her fist on the mat. She’s been beaten down in this match and she already wasn’t going into this fresh, getting on a plane for 12 hours to go to Japan. Looking to the apron, Cali sees Ririko climb back up it. Good, someone to tag to. Cali gets to her feet…

As she sees Mina Hirata come to life and pulls Rikiro off the apron and the two begin to exchange strikes!

O’Connell: No reprieve for Cali as Mina cuts her potential tag off!

Nowhere to escape the match, Cali Hayama tries her best to keep an eye on Saki Manase as well as what is going on outside. She’s stuck. Eventually, Mina Hirata ducks a kick from Ririko and pushes her into the post! Vampriess comes back, charging in and the fighting on the outside is getting to be too much and the official leans over, trying to get the ladies to stop fighting.

Starr: There is more action outside of the ring than in it right now! This is getting out of hand!

Seeing a chance, YUNA grabs a chair from under the ring and slides it to Saki Manase. The official is distracted. Saki gets up with the chair, but Cali catches it and quickly superkicks her!

O’Connell: No chair for Saki Manase!

Then… realizing YUNA was the one responsible… Cali decides to take her out next. Backing up, she runs diagonally across the ring, flipping over the corner and landing a triangle moonsault on YUNA!

Starr: And Cali Hayama equalizes things again, but that was a big risk to take this late in the match!

After getting to her feet, Cali Hayama goes into the ring and her hand touches the chair Saki Manase dropped. She grabs it and uses it to help her up.

O’Connell: And Cali Hayama is ready to give Saki Manase a taste of her own medicine.

Starr: If she does it now, then she can get a major upset win, beating a former Universe of Cosmic Champion!

Cali Hayama picks up the chair and holds it in the air… and she hesitates. Something doesn’t seem right. She has the chance to take out Saki… but is not willing to do it. Eventually… the official turns around to see Cali Hayama with the chair!

O’Connell: Cali Hayama just hesitated to use the chair Marvelous brought in the ring against the and the referee sees it!

Starr: That’s rare from Cali Hayama and if anything, her doing that won them their titles in the first place.

Cali tosses the chair to the side and holds her hands up, showing innocence. Vampiress and Ririko, groggy, notice and they mouth something to Cali in Japanese. They’re not happy. Cali’s attention turns away for a brief second to see the official remove the chair and that leaves her open for a big boot from Saki Manase!

O’Connell: Cali Hayama just got her head kicked off from that boot! Like it was Ronaldo!

Starr: And that may be the end of the trio’s historic run!

Wiping her face, Saki Manase looks with disgust at Cali Hayama and scoops her up. Turning her upside down, Cali is in a tombstone position. Saki adds a cradle and turns to look at Cali’s tag partners, daring them to get involved. She leaps up and drops Cali Hayama with a Cradle Tombstone Piledriver!

O’Connell: Golden Driver!

Starr: That’s it.

Saku Manase puts her knees on Cali’s shoulders and pulls the leg back, doing a small pose. As Ririko and Vampiress try to enter the ring, both YUNA and Mina Hirata rush over and grab them.

One

Two

Three!

The bell sounds as Saki Manase gets off, victorious. Defeated, Vampiress and Ririko just… lean on the apron as Saki’s Marvelous teammates get into the ring.

The theme music of Marvelous plays as the ring announcer declares their victory to the Korakuen Hall crowd. The three pink strapped titles are handed to the winners who hold them up high.

O’Connell: 315 days, nearly a year, the only team to make it that far. These three young ladies in MAYHEM have a bright future, but just hesitation cost them.

Starr: I have to wonder what that was about? Cali has been pretty willing to get even if someone does that before.Maybe she was worried about the official seeing it? Even if a title can’t change hands on a disqualification.

When Cali Hayama gets some sense of what is going on, she rolls out of the ring, holding the back of her neck, and meets her tag partners. Ririko helps her up, but Vampiress crosses her arms and even through her mask, is furious. We can hear her mouth something to Cali and the Slayer-Queen is too dazed still to respond as they head towards the back.

BACKSTAGE

Backstage, we head towards an interview area as all three members of MAYHEM get there, Ririko lets go of Cali once she is able to stand up. The theme music of Marvelous is still somewhat audible in the background. Vampiress gets Cali to turn her attention to her.

“(What was that? Why did you refuse to finish her off? You had it.)”

Ririko adds. “(And they were really mean and were going to do that to you. They deserved it.)”

Trying to catch her breath and a bit taken back by the anger from her friends, Cali stutters an answer back in Japanese.

“(I-I hesitated. Something came over me.)”

Not settled with that answer, Vampiress presses her Canadian friend.

“(And you didn’t hesitate before then, why now?)”

Cali tries to think of an answer, and none comes. She just glances to the side and Vampiress grabs her by the chin and gets her to face her.

“(Tell me!)” she yells and Cali slaps her hand away and shouts in English which Vampiress can easily understand.

“Don’t fucking touch me like that.”

“Fuck off…” Vampiress says some English she does know, and it happens to be vulgar, before yelling again in her native language. “(Are you too good for us now, wrestling in America again? We are your friends too! Too busy making side deals with others, wrestling in cages-)”

“(I prefer it here!)” She responds, “(But I don’t want to be disrespected by you too, Count Dracula!)”

Ririko, fearing the worst, steps in. “(Please stop! Calm!)” and both Vampiress and Cali Hayama start yelling some more before a familiar voice booms, commanding an air of authority.

“(Ladies, enough!)” and that is enough to get the three to stop their bickering and they turn to the side to see Saori Sazuki, MAYHEM’s leader and mentor, walking in with her Universe of Cosmic Championship on her shoulder with its black strap. She looks at three of her younger faction members and talks to them.

“(Haven’t I said the worst time to talk about a loss is right after it when emotions are running high?)” and the three ladies nod. “(Cali made a mistake, we know. She knows it. What we do from losses is learn from them. I can also imagine she has had a rough time recently, am I right, Cali?)”

Cali Hayama nods. “(Yes. I have).”

Taking a look at the three, Saori gives a small pep talk. “(Over three hundred days, you three were champions. A championship overlooked, you three gave meaning to. It has to end eventually, but when something ends, something new can begin. You three can regroup and challenge them again, or go for other titles.)” She glances at the title on her shoulder, “(Even this, I’ll give you a fight when you are ready and earn it. But things will not go well if you take out your anger on each other. You three are supposed to be the closest three in this company. Show it and support each other.)”

Vampiress looks at Cali, her anger fading, “(Sorry for being harsh. I know you care. Just I am frustrated.)”

Cali nods, “(I’m sorry for costing us the match. What is going on with me is no excuse. I want to give my all when I’m here. Now let’s work together for what’s next.)” and the two friends hug. Ririko, joining in, creates a group hug and says her piece.

“(And I’m sorry for borrowing your toothbrush without asking…)” and both Cali and Vampiress open their eyes in horror.

“(Guess I need to change my toothbrush…)” Cali mutters and Sakori Suzuki leads them off, having defused the situation.

As the four of them head down the white painted hallway, having let their emotions get the better of them for a moment after a crushing loss, Vampiress and Ririko seem to be calmed down. Meanwhile, Cali glances to the side, deep in thought. Why did she hesitate? What’s going on? Is she taking on too much flying back and forth between two companies? They head towards a wooden door that has a piece of paper on it with the unit’s logo on it, “MAYHEM” in a bold black text with a silver trim and colourful outlines. Saori leads Vampiress and Ririko in but notices Cali isn’t paying attention.

“Cali.” The faction leader says to its gaijin talent and Cali gets out of her daydream and looks towards her group’s leader. In a rare moment, Saori Suzuki speaks some English. It is somewhat rough, but coherent. “Do not worry what Christopher, Bridges, Top-Gun or anyone says. You are you. But do not wait forever. You know what is best for you.You make us proud either decision. We support you.”

The words of encouragement from Saori Suzuki gives Cali a small smile. Despite Saori’s reputation for being a chaos causer and bone-breaker in the ring, she is rather supportive. "Thank you."

She mutters out. Saori motions for Cali to come on in and she joins her teammates, trying to get her head right with her friends before she makes a big decision as the scene fades.

Last edited: