AMA The Right Frame Of Mind

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
"The Right Frame of Mind"
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Continued from:

Featuring Cali Hayama and MAYHEM

Camera Off

Following on from the video she recorded for AMA wrestling, we see Cali Hayama, in the pose she gave at the end of the video, wrapping it up. A camerawoman with a pink shirt on is recording for her, standing across from her in the room. Smirking, Cali breaks her pose and takes a deep breath, speaking Japanese to the woman (which will be translated for the sake of ease).

“Thank you very much,” Cali gives a small bow to the woman and she returns it.

“Hayama-san, you are welcome. The recording will be sent to the American company later today.”

Cali lets her out of hotel room and takes a sigh of relief before falling back on her bed, grabbing her Switch, speaking to herself again in English. “Oh God, between the Trios tag title defense tonight and worrying about that wack Bunkhouse match, I’m going to be busy as hell this next while.”

The music from the game is back on and Cali goes through the menus of the game then, a knock is heard on her door. Placing her console down, she walks over to the door, and checks the peep hole. She smiles and opens up, greeting whoever is on the other side of the door in Japanese.

“Hey, I didn't expect you to come here so soon!” Cali says, standing on the other side of the door are three women, all Japanese.

To the left, the woman has long hair, dark with red coloured tips. She casually leans on the frame of the door, twirling her hair around her finger. Her name, Ririko. One of Cali’s two tag team partners in CJW, she has shown herself to be rather unique in her approach, always keeping a wide, almost wild grin. This is complimented by her wicked strikes in the ring, catching her opponent off guard. Being able to turn the switch and show a manic edge which got this young woman noticed to MAYHEM. Her catchphrase of “Time to die!” brings the crowd to their feet, signaling for the end with a knee to the face, or just that the match is entering another gear.

To the opposite side is a girl wearing a mask. It is black with trims of pink and purple. Standing out in its design is the sharp designs of the eyes, and little “fang” designs over where her mouth is. Her hair has a purple tint and hangs out from under the mask. As you would expect, she has a very lucha-libre inspired move-set, but it is enhanced by a vicious streak. Vampress is her name, and like Cali Hayama, a relatively new member to MAYHEM, leaving her former group, “Tsumi” (SIN), after feeling used. Since she joined the group, she has felt more valued, without losing what made her talented, and allowed to express herself more. Though she still remains a tad mysterious and hard to read for some of her other stablemates, she has instantly found chemistry with both Ririko, who is her main tag team partner, and Cali, who she shares the trios title with.

In the middle, commanding a bit of attention is a woman with black and purple hair going just above her shoulder, and having bangs. The oldest of the three, this is the leader of MAYHEM and mentor to her teammates, Saori Suzuki. Already wrestling for over a decade at this point, she has held the top prize in CJW, the “Universe of Cosmic” title once, and even has had two reigns for their secondary title, the “Intergalactic Cosmic Championship.” Since her rise, she has almost become an anti-hero figure of sorts, breaking the rules almost as much as the biggest villains of the promotion and continually speaking against the company, but has some air of respect about her and an aura which has captured the hearts of the fans. Her crying out “Down with the System” (which was changed from Fuck the System to keep it more family friendly) has been a rallying cry for her and fans who feel rejected like she has.

The three are all wearing matching t-shirts, black with a silver “M” with a rainbow trim around it and various writing in kanji. Saori, grinning at Cali responds, obviously in her native tongue.

“We have big fights coming up. I thought it would only make sense to discuss and plan.”

Saori steps in first as Cali says, “Sounds fine. I could get my mind off my weird match in America coming.”

Now it is the masked-wrestler speaking as Vampress rolls her eyes, folding her arms. “I saw. America comes up with stupid rules for wrestling matches.”

“I don’t know,” Ririko casually slides in, “I would love the opportunity to hurt all those people with no rules.”

“Be my guest,” Cali chuckles, “You are the only person crazy here enough to do it.”

The other two step into the room and they all take a spot. Vampress leans against the wall as Ririko takes a chair, turning it so that she can lean on the back of it. Both Cali and Saori sit on the end of the bed, with Cali picking up her tag team title and putting it on her lap.

“Ladies, I want to talk because two of you in this room have two title matches in the coming two days. Vampress, Ririko, you are not only defending your trios championships with Cali tonight, but you have a chance to fight for the tag team titles after they were stolen from Miss Fuka and Miho Watase.” The leader of MAYHEM looks at both the mentioned members, “I know we wish they could get that opportunity because they deserve their titles back, but you two are next in line.”

“I know that,” Vampress says to Saori. “But why do we need to have this talk now?”

“We do not always need a big plan,” Ririko adds for her tag partner, “I find going with the flow always works.”

“That may be, but you three are the youngest members of the group,” Saori adds, “And this is a lot of pressure. The trios championships are a symbol of the best group in CJW. You three also represent our future. We need to do well and this experience is needed. We have to be mentally ready.”

Saori turns to Cali Hayama.As for you, I know you are going to be busy wrestling in America and here. I will talk to you more about what that means later, but you will be carrying our name everywhere.”

“And I plan on doing it well,” Cali answers the leader of MAYHEM. “I have a weird match coming up in Florida.-”

“So that is where the match is taking place?” Vampress asks and Cali nods. “That explains, Florida appears to be the Ririko of America…”

The four share a chuckle before Ririko adds, “Except I am better than Florida,” and grins, proud of herself.

Cali Hayama rolls her eyes and smiles. “We love our Ririko,”

Looking at Cali, Vampress asks her a question. "Cali, I was wondering, why are you trying to wrestle in North America again? Nothing wrong with it, but we have so much here."

"Maybe she likes cowboys?" Ririko hums and Cali chuckles.

"Just because they book her in that match does not mean all matches will be that." Vampress looks at her friend.

"If they put me in Bunkhouse Stampede matches only, I would quit." Cali laughs.

Ririko twirls her hair with her finger again. "But, Vampress does have a point. We would love you here all the time, and you could teach me some parkour!"

"Cali, with more time here, I think you can become a singles champion also, and we can be the best Faction in this country." The masked wrestler says, and now the MAYHEM leader steps in.

"Personally, I think all MAYHEM members can be singles champions. If not now, the future."

Pointing at her face, Cali explains. "Look, just because I'm Japanese, and I speak the language, it doesn't mean I live here. I'm still raised in Canada. I feel comfortable with you. You are my team and my friends. But it will take a lot of adjustment to move here. I still get some culture shock when I visit. I am also young enough where I can travel more and build myself around the globe. I want to use AMA to get better."

Once again giving her thoughts, Saori nods, "There is nothing wrong with that. But if you ever decide to move here, we all will help you adjust."

Vampress shrugs her shoulders, "I guess that makes sense. I just was wondering."

Ririko grins, "And I can show you my favourite restaurant I go to on days off."

"Thanks, but that's a conversation for another time." Cali puts moves her hand as she talks. “Before I focus on that AMA, anything for my future, I want to defend our championships, and I want to help you two. That is my priority now.”

“See?” Saori pats Cali on the back, “That is what I want to hear. What about you two?”

The masked-wrestler stops leaning on the wall and addresses the veteran in the room. “It was SIN that took the championships from Miho and Fuka. They treated me like garbage. Now they messed with my friends. It would be an honour to get revenge on their behalf and for myself.” She then looks to Cali, “And I always take great pleasure teaming with you, Cali.” and the Slayer-Queen smiles back.

“And we can win two championships!” Ririko exclaims before motioning to her shoulders. “That way both shoulders will not be lonely!” Then she puts her finger on her chin, “But it will be harder to carry them around… But those belts will look so good on us!”

“If it will help you two,” Cali Hayama glances at both her tag team partners, “I have no problem taking any extra load in this match. I will have a bit of time to heal before I have my Stampede match.”

Seeing her teammates all get on the same page, Saori lightly claps. “That is exactly why I wanted to have this talk. The future of MAYHEM is with you three. Do us proud.” The four of them reach in and exchange a four-way fist bump then quickly flash the “M” hand gesture.”

“See you tonight, Cali!” Ririko exclaims, “And do you want to wear the red trim tonight to match me?”

“How else can we show we’re a team?” Cali chuckles.

“You are lucky I brought my other masks,” Vampress looks at Ririko before turning back to Cali Hayama. “Goodbye, Cali,” and giving a small bow. The two leave, but Saori does not join them right away.

“Cali, you have a second, I have a question to ask.” Cali nods and the veteran asks. “When is your flight back to North America?”

“Not until two more days.” Cali answers, “Even though I do not have a match the last night of the tour, I want to at least be backstage with you guys.”

“Well, actually,” Saori leads into another question, “I was wondering if you could second me for my Universe of Cosmic title match that night?”

The question catches Cali off guard as she raises her eyebrows. “Weird, normally we don’t second each other’s matches unless others do.”

“And do you really trust SIN to not get involved?” Saori presses, “But I know you have that Bunkhouse match, and I think you can learn something by watching me up close. A little reminder of what MAYHEM is about.”

Cali shrugs, “Not like I was doing anything else that night.”

Then Saori Suzuki, speaks calmly to Cali, putting her hand on the prospect’s shoulder.

“But Cali, I support you wrestling more in North America again. It will do you some good. Put to practice what you learned here. Plus, while Vampress and Ririko are very talented, you will maybe take the MAYHEM name farther than anyone. We will cheer for you here and will look forward to fighting beside you whenever you return. Just remember, do not let anyone step on you.”

The Gaijin-Joshi nods, “I promise. Goodbye. See you tonight.”

The two exchange the same fist bump as earlier before Saori Suzuki leaves the room. With the words of encouragement, Cali grins and takes a deep breath. She speaks to herself in English.

“Yep, I’ll remember that.”

Before the scene fades, Cali remembers what Saori said and says… “Wait, how the fuck is she going to show me how to throw a 300 plus pound dude out of a Goddamn cage?!”

Last edited: