The Reason Why Alberto Del Rio is Off Television

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
WWE champion Alberto Del Rio was not at Raw last night. As we broke last night in the PWInsider.com Elite section, Del Rio had returned to Mexico last week to secure a new work visa and the paperwork had not yet come through.

Until the paperwork comes through, Del Rio would not be legally allowed to work in the United States.
Del Rio's match against Sin Cara at tonight's Super Smackdown taping is off for the same reason.

Bad timing for WWE and Del Rio but I guess they don't have much choice when it comes to this. Hopefully the officials realise he has a proper job and quickly sign off his new visa.

Good that WWE have Riccardo to keep the feud going otherwise they would struggle to build the WWE title feud.

Purple PuNk

Reaction score
The only question is what if he is delayed for months at a time? Then what? WWE does a "special" show from Mexico for him to lose the title, perhaps having Daniel Bryan cash in early?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I believe DB still can only cash it in on Orton.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WWE must be confident this won't take too long to sort out. If he is delayed and can't make the NOC PPV WWE may have to involve real life in the storyline saying that Del Rio can't get a visa and so he has to vacate the title. Then once he returns he can try to blame it on Cena doing everything he can to get his hands on the title.

I remember last year Wade Barrett had a similar issue where he missed a week or two of RAW when he was the leader of Nexus but his visa was dealt with reasonably quickly.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The good news is they still have three weeks or something until the show, so providing this reasonably simple matter is cleared up quickly then just having Richardo should be enough for a couple of shows. It would be a big kick in the teeth if this dragged on after all these months of hard work from WWE in promoting Del Rio.

Purple PuNk

Reaction score
WWE must be confident this won't take too long to sort out. If he is delayed and can't make the NOC PPV WWE may have to involve real life in the storyline saying that Del Rio can't get a visa and so he has to vacate the title. Then once he returns he can try to blame it on Cena doing everything he can to get his hands on the title.

I remember last year Wade Barrett had a similar issue where he missed a week or two of RAW when he was the leader of Nexus but his visa was dealt with reasonably quickly.

I understand your point on that, but looking at the sociological context of it the UK and USA are on reasonably good terms in all areas. That cannot be said for Mexico and the US...

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Del Rio now has a new Visa so the issue has been sorted out. He is meant to be appearing at the live events in Puerto Rico over the weekend and will be back on RAW next week.