The Raw GM position

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Double J

Reaction score
I'm still feeling that Steph will screw HHH & The rest of the Mac's @ WM and IF this happens I can see them playing the 'Raw is in turmoil' card, Steph passing random self-serving rulings, having relative anarchy and Legacy running rampant.

I doubt this. If they did they would have to have a way to really take Vince out of the scene for awhile since they already stated that Vince has the power to fire Stephanie.

Some good ideas here so far - but I think the E will go old school and have Steph back running Raw w/ HHH getting drafted back to Raw and turning heel as he and his wife run the whole show (which should make all the internet HHH haters very happy, lol). I think this will lead to Shane returning and saying Steph is catering to Hunter and that the show is about all the wrestlers and not HHH and this will lead to a Team Steph vs. Team Shane at Survivor Serious with the winner getting control of Raw.

I could really see this happening, but they would have to have something major happen to make HHH turn heel again. Right now with the WWE fans no matter what he does he is a face. They would have to make him snap and beat down a major fan favorite for no reason.

They can't have him just beat up Cena, people would cheer him. The HHH/HBK feuds have gone on long enough and I think they are trying to keep them seperated for now.

JimmyD

Reaction score
To be honest I'm getting kind of tired of the evil authority figure gimmick. It seems like ever since the WWE struck gold with Vince in the 90s that at any given time every brand has to have a GM as it's figurehead. Ok Vickie gets a huge amount of heat and people like Regal and Coach did ok jobs, but seriously is no one else tired of this continuous lack of creativity in the booking department?

Airfixx

^^^^The 'evil boss' character is a DAMN sight more believable than any 'nice-guy, looks after the staff' kinda boss.

I doubt this. If they did they would have to have a way to really take Vince out of the scene for awhile since they already stated that Vince has the power to fire Stephanie.

That's what the punt was all about.... If he can (Kayfaybe) put Batista out for ANY amount of time with it, then that punt is more than enough to shelve a 70yr old man for a fair while.

Snackz said:
Some good ideas here so far - but I think the E will go old school and have Steph back running Raw w/ HHH getting drafted back to Raw and turning heel as he and his wife run the whole show (which should make all the internet HHH haters very happy, lol). I think this will lead to Shane returning and saying Steph is catering to Hunter and that the show is about all the wrestlers and not HHH and this will lead to a Team Steph vs. Team Shane at Survivor Serious with the winner getting control of Raw.

I could really see this happening, but they would have to have something major happen to make HHH turn heel again. Right now with the WWE fans no matter what he does he is a face. They would have to make him snap and beat down a major fan favorite for no reason.

They can't have him just beat up Cena, people would cheer him. The HHH/HBK feuds have gone on long enough and I think they are trying to keep them seperated for now.

I know a few of you are saying it, but if all of a sudden they're gonna push HHH as the #1 heel on Raw, where does that leave Orton & Legacy?

I just don't buy that the eventual outcome of the Forming Legacy/Injuring The McMahons/Invading Orton's House/etc. is gonna be HHH & Steph turning heel to run Raw together.

SnackZ

Reaction score
I see how you can't really see HHH turning heel but look at it like this.

Orton wins at Mania. He is the new champ on Raw and Steph brings HHH over to Raw in the draft and keeps giving HHH shot after shot at getting the title, in which more deserving faces deserve to get shots and HHH keeps screwing them for his benefit (not by physically hurting them but by manipulating scenerios in shich he ends up on top). Eventually the crowd/fans will get tired of seeing him go for the belt/winning the belt and will turn on him ala Cena. With him eventually winning the belt and keeping every other face away from the belt and away from even getting opportunities this could be an easy transition into a heel character. He doesn't have to be a 'bad ass' heel to make the fans hate him, he would more so have to use his marriage with Steph to his advantage to make fans DISLIKE him. Feel me???

Airfixx

To an extent, yes the dynamics of that situation makes some kind of sense, but it doesn't address my original point.

Orton & Legacy are the 'sticking' point, not what to do with HHH.

I maintain that your suggestion would totally squash the whole idea of having Legacy on the show.

SnackZ

Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhhh - I gotcha now - so I gotta come up with a workable scenario in which HHH turns heel and Legacy still remains on Raw.....hmmmmmmmmm....let me see.

Okay - Orton wins, and Legacy continues to keep HHH from winning the belt, no matter the match stips. Rhodes and Dibiase, constantly on the back burner for Orton, wanting to be champs and to stand on their own, feel like being behind HHH instead of Orton will get them more attention and opportunities, thinking that Steph will look out for them. Rhodes and Dibiase take sides with HHH, HHH says Orton has no Legacy, Orton eventually turns face ala Austin/Rock.

Bloodopera

Reaction score
i would really want a raw GM.. mabye even steph or something... funny how you seem to miss the things you really really hated before (steph and bitchoff)

Airfixx

Ahhhhhhhhh - I gotcha now - so I gotta come up with a workable scenario in which HHH turns heel and Legacy still remains on Raw.....hmmmmmmmmm....let me see.

Okay - Orton wins, and Legacy continues to keep HHH from winning the belt, no matter the match stips. Rhodes and Dibiase, constantly on the back burner for Orton, wanting to be champs and to stand on their own, feel like being behind HHH instead of Orton will get them more attention and opportunities, thinking that Steph will look out for them. Rhodes and Dibiase take sides with HHH, HHH says Orton has no Legacy, Orton eventually turns face ala Austin/Rock.

Regardless of how plausible your suggestion is, please let's not have this deteriorate into a another 'Jeff/Christian/deseperate booking ideas to validate your suggestion for future storylines' saga....

My point is this..... WWE have built Orton as the #1 heel in the company since his return; even going as far as building a faction around him and having him take out the entire McMahon family (and Batista)... I will be shocked-to-fuck if this all some 'quick'(*)-fix disposable storyline just to facilitate the HHH/Orton match at WM....

(**** I say "quick", it took them MONTHS to even confirm the members of Legacy on-screen FFS!!!)

By all means tell me I'm wrong in a few months time, but Orton is gonna totally OWN Raw over the coming months.

SnackZ

Reaction score
I don't mean to have Orton all of a sudden be face - you watch the trends in wrestling and I am sure that you see that once a heel starts getting cheered to the point that Orton is the only logical thing for the E to do (not exactly what we want) is to make him face. I say this can be over a long period of time - it will take time to turn Hunter heel and to make Rhodes and Dibiase join him but it is a possibility. I don't see why you can't see that it is a possibility????

Airfixx

(Maybe I should have been more specific.... I see LEGACY running riot over Raw as HEELS over the coming months.)

I'm not lacking understanding.

It may be an eventual possibility BUT this 'conversation' was spawned talking about the GM-spot & the immediate post-Mania future (which is when you reacted to my saying I see steph siding with Legacy).

If you want to talk about what's gonna happen on Raw 6 months down the line, prob best to start a new thread.

JimmyD

Reaction score
I agree that evil authority figures are far better than the good guy variety, but what I'm saying is I don't understand why there needs to be an authority figure at all. Yeah, it helps to develop storylines but it was boring seven years ago man, there isn't even a dead horse left to flog anymore.

Airfixx

I agree that evil authority figures are far better than the good guy variety, but what I'm saying is I don't understand why there needs to be an authority figure at all. Yeah, it helps to develop storylines but it was boring seven years ago man, there isn't even a dead horse left to flog anymore.

Without rules (or more importantly an authority figure to enforce them) there's no rule-breaking, thus you in turn no heels or faces and no psychology to play upon with the matches and you end up with a shitty show full of men pretending to fight.

Even before the Montreal Screwjob gave birth to Mr McMahon, there's always been such a figure.... Gorilla Monsoon.... Hell, anyone else heard of Jack Tunney?

Reaction score
Without rules (or more importantly an authority figure to enforce them) there's no rule-breaking, thus you in turn no heels or faces and no psychology to play upon with the matches and you end up with a shitty show full of men pretending to fight.

Even before the Montreal Screwjob gave birth to Mr McMahon, there's always been such a figure.... Gorilla Monsoon.... Hell, anyone else heard of Jack Tunney?

Then umm..what's the point of referees? Either way, your point is invalid, as the basic gist of wrestling is the competition of men fighting. It doesn't matter if there are no rules to break, there will always be heels. If there are ideas that a loudmouth shares and a crowd disagrees, guess what? You got a heel. If a guy is disliked for whatever reason, you have a heel. The real ECW had ZERO rules, but they managed to have hella heels in Raven, Shane Douglas and the Duddleys and there was NO AUTHORITY FIGURE.

As for name droppin face Commisioners and presidents of different eras, you must know that the roles are completely different. The old role of WWF President was a complimentary role for an office worker to help further storylines and smooth bumpy booking. Today's heel authority figure is a full time character that appears on every show as when the WWF president role was seen onscreen about once a month if even that. Back in those days the Fed used to book a dominant face champ (Hogan) and have the heel of the month chase him. Now the booking philosophy is different. For a majority of the past five years (sans Cena's monster run) the E has booked a major heel as a major title scene stalwart and usually different faces chase whatever established (HHH 00-05 and Edge now are prime examples)heel on whatever show and the GM or Commisioner have been there to add a dimension that the E thinks works well, stemming from the Austin/Vince saga, beit Steph for HHH, Eric Bishoff for HHH, or Vickie for Edge these days. The evil boss is a fixture in WWE booking and I doubt that type of role will ever cease to exist since face GMs never work (Steph on SD! in 02 being the exception). Where is Mike Adamle right now? How well did the SD! ratings do under Teddy Long as a face? Shit, not too good if he got booted to ECW in favor of someone who gets HEAT! If it works, don't try and fix it is the E's reasoning.

JimmyD

Reaction score

Come on man, Monsoon and Tunney did sweet FA when they were 'in charge', aside from occasionally firing The Ultimate Warrior that is. Plenty of wrestler's have managed to turn, get heat, or get over without an authority figure there to help them. That's what good wrestlers do. And hell, if your name happens to be Dave Batista and you're not really sure what a good wrestler is then you can always just get a manager instead. But I'm not saying there should be no authority; it's fine to have a Monsoon-esque character (well, not too Monsoon-esque) who will occasionally book feud-ending matches. That's fine. But the authority figure character has been integral to almost every major storyline the WWE has done in the last decade, and it's time to put it to bed.

straight_edge76

I do not see HHH turning heel (even though he is a million times better heel) any time soon. Orton is being built up to be the heel of the future and HHH will feud with Orton until shortly after the draft. I couldn't see a McMahon running Raw honestly. I would not mind seeing a "interview process" for the GM position, very comical promos with people like Hacksaw interviewing for the job....haha