The Question of Representation

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Just took a look at MITB, SummerSlam, Bash and the upcoming Bad Blood PLEs. Of the 63 spots there were (or are) over these 4 shows (Naomi and Carmelo at MITB, Bianca and Jade at Bash), only 4 were filled by black Wrestlers. That isn't a lot. ...also SummerSlam this year was the first SummerSlam since 2024 that didn't feature a single black talent in a Match.

Of course, there has been a good chunk of non-White talent on those show regardless, mostly thanks to the Bloodline.

Yeah this logic still makes no sense to me sounds like people want people to be booked cuz of race and not cuz of talent or overness

Reactions: Death By Looch

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Yeah this logic still makes no sense to me sounds like people want people to be booked cuz of race and not cuz of talent or overness
Yea, sounds like it. Forcing quotas on companies does not help with the problem in the long run.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
But maybe they’re not over cause they’re not being booked lol.

I don’t believe that but I’m showing you how this argument can go around in circles.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Tbh since the entire thing seems to be looking at PLE stats instead of any one persons's booking they could simply just have more than 5 matches per show :lol 5 matches is like 15 people max, I don't think any kind of quota should be looked at for your top 15 guys but maybe more than 15 could be featured.

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if Miz v Truth gets added to this PLE cuz of this shit

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Tbh since the entire thing seems to be looking at PLE stats instead of any one persons's booking they could simply just have more than 5 matches per show :lol 5 matches is like 15 people max, I don't think any kind of quota should be looked at for your top 15 guys but maybe more than 15 could be featured.
Funny thing is, even if they added 2 more matches they probably still wouldn't get on for the most part. It'd most likely be the champions who aren't making the PLE's like Gunther this time around for example.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
in the tweet: WWE is reportedly now aware of the lack of representation for black male wrestlers on PPV. - no one actually calling wwe racist, just pointing out facts.

wwe fans : OMG STOP CALLING WWE RACIST

Lot of fighting invisible enemies and echoing in here :ortonout

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
in the tweet: WWE is reportedly now aware of the lack of representation for black male wrestlers on PPV. - no one actually calling wwe racist, just pointing out facts.

wwe fans : OMG STOP CALLING WWE RACIST

Lot of fighting invisible enemies and echoing in here :ortonout

I stand by all my posts

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Take Andrade / Carmelo for example. A feud that's been done really well and worthy of being on the PLE but can you imagine all the shit that's going to get spouted now if they announced it on SmackDown? There'd be people saying it's only added because what's happened over the last few days. Then there would be the group bringing up the stats again for black guys on PLE's if Carmelo was to lose and then people saying it would be a "quota" win if Melo actually won.

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I blame Apollo Crews
His raw talent and look are there he’s just got the charisma of a pudding cup

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I stand by all my posts
And I stand by mine, not a lot of mature discussion in here and a lot of ''ah people who say this are white'' ''ah well they'd complain about it anyways and say it was forced'' ''its just trying to meet a quota'' . all this responding to some very tame criticism. Hell, Sabs had one of the most nuanced points. Think about that for a minute.

I don't think it's due to racism but I do think it's an interesting stat and the fact WWE are aware means that it's something they likely want to adjust. They are a public company and will always try to maximize their customer base from every demographic.

Just saying, you can talk about this kind of stuff without becoming a caricature the other side may paint us as. nuance as they say.

And I absolutely came in here to disrupt the status quo, like I said was getting pretty echoey in here

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Oh I know no one really thinks it’s a racism thing

My only real point is I don’t want any company to feel they have to push or feature someone based on race

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Oh I know no one really thinks it’s a racism thing

My only real point is I don’t want any company to feel they have to push or feature someone based on race
I think we live in a world where when you are a company that touts being the biggest wrestling company in the world and talk about being a presence in every country, including places like Saudi Arabia, for example, you need to make some effort at representation. I think people misinterpret giving people of color more opportunity as taking away from their own opportunities when it should be about giving them the SAME amount of opportunities as their white counterparts. I also think it often comes up that people don't want people of color to be forced into positions, but I don't think anyone every advocated for anyone to be pushed SOLELY on color. I think the point is and always should be that they have the same opportunities.

I think for black talent, outside of the PPV issue, we have come a very long way and I think it's a pretty much non-issue outside weirdo talking heads and some old morons in management, maybe. For what Jinder mentioned? Yeah I think there's room for improvement.

Reactions: Bad News Booty