The Pick Six

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DENNIN

Reaction score
So what the hell was the point of this thing actually? It was suppose to help crown contenders for the ROH World Title. they let Tyler Black into it but he was already in line for a title shot. Kenny Omega qualified then disappeared off the face of the earth. Hell I don't even know if a match is even a Pick Six match if it wasn't for a announcer mentioning it 5 minutes into the bout.

Montana

Reaction score
Well...when Austin Aries won the belt he created the A Double L Double (Austin Aries Lethal Lottery) to select who got title shots. Jim Cornette returned to say Aries wouldn't be hand picking his opponents anymore and for a wrestler to get a title shot has to be in the pick 6. The concept in theory isn't that bad.

However like you said, the system has way too many flaws. Recently Cluadio lost his #1 spot because he didn't defend his spot, even though he was booked in a tag matches. The ROH fans were pretty upset about this. Then you have ranked 4-6 getting title shots and 1-3 weren't getting shots. Anyone can come in a get the #1 spot over night, even though it's not supposed to be a "ranking"

All in all, i don't mind it too much. It does make the undercard matches mean a little more. I just wish they paid more attention and the guys at the top of the pick 6 were guaranteed title shots.