The Person to Induct Stone Cold into the WWE HOF is....

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Travis40

wrestlezone said:
There is much speculation on who will be inducting "Stone Cold" Steve Austin into the WWE Hall of Fame. Shy of a complete confirmation, it is said to be his arch-rival Vince McMahon.

The following is a Billboard top ten list for the week of 3/22-3/28

1. NFL: Super Bowl XLIII Champions: Pittsburgh Steelers
2. WWE: The Best Of Saturday Night's Main Event
3. WWE: WrestleMania XXIV
4. WWE: Wrestlemania 22
5. WWE: The Best Of Raw: 15th Anniversary 1993-2008
6. WWE: Hell In A Cell
7. WWE: Wrestlemania XX (3 Disc Set)
8. WWE: Greatest Superstars Of Wrestlemania
9. UFC 90: Silva Vs. Cote
10. WWE: Royal Rumble 2009

Good to see that Vince is going to induct Steve Austin since JR isn't going to.

MikeRaw

If this is true, it'd be cool. JR would be nice, ya, but Vince could really make it interesting. I always enjoy the HOF, because they break character, and talk about great stories. I'm sure Vince and Steve have some classics.

JimmyD

Reaction score
I think I prefer Vince to JR actually.

Fact is that we all know JR and Austin are mates, whereas it'd be kind of cool to see Vince break character and talk about his actual relationship with Stone Cold.

noumenon

It would honestly be perfect....both made each other what they are in the Wrestling world. Austin was one the people who put Vince on the map and Vince gave Austin a reason to be a bad ass...and a fat paycheck..lol

Zeus

Reaction score
I would much prefer JR, but Vince is fitting.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
Jake Roberts should induct him. Austin and the WWE should owe a lot of credit to Roberts. If it weren't for him there would be no 3:16.

That's just a random thought that came out of no where and I have no real substance to back up that thought, just a made up opinion.

This Guy

actually its a pretty valid point about Jake the Snake. Austin 3:16 was a spur of the momment comment because of Jake's bible thumping of the time. Had Austin not said it, who knows if he would have ever turned into the superstar he became.

MikeRaw

Does anyone actually have any desire to hear Jake actually speak though? Vince is a much more appealing speaker, especially nowadays, with the way Jake is.
Oh, and it's just my opinion, but I think you guys are giving Jake too much credit.
It wasn't like Austin came up with it out of nowhere. The writers decided to allow him to make the speech, so if it hadn't been against Jake, he would've found another way of getting over.

noumenon

I saw Jake a few months back at a friend's local wrestling show...trust me...you don't want him speaking at the fucking HOF...lol.

This Guy

yeah Austin was scheduled to win, he was scheduled to speak but the "Austin 3:16" part was spur of the momment. No one knew he was going to say that, Austin included. It just popped into his head. If Jake wasn't his opponent, would it have been as impactful?

MikeRaw

Well, that's something we just can't know... It depends who it would've been instead of Jake.
Would it have been AS impactful? Probably not. but Austin, as one of the greatest promo men ever, would've had something, and although it wouldn't have had the same overnight success, the writers would see his potential, and capatilise on it.
He does owe some to Jake, like you said, but I think to have him induct him is much. I mean, it was just the fact that he was there that can be credited. He didn't tell Austin what to say, or put him over int he segment, or anything like that.
That would almost be like crediting John McCain for Obamas success. Or the crediting Kurt Warner for The Steelers win.

Airfixx

Vince > JR, IMO..... JR & SCSA's relationship means nothing to me as a viewer of WWE programming, wheras SCSA/Vince... Nuff said.

Wordlife

I think that Vince inducting SCSA is a cool thing, and I'm glad its him and not anyone else

JimmyD

Reaction score
Jake Roberts doesn't deserve any more credit than he gets for Austin's success. He was the guy Austin beat and his faith allowed Stone Cold to spawn the '3:16' catchphrase, but that's it. Giving him any more credit than that would be like crediting ( a large part of) the white population of America in the 50s with the emancipation because they were racist; they weren't helping the likes of MLK or Malcolm X, they just happened to give them something to work against. In that same vein you can't credit Jake Roberts with helping make Steve Austin, because his only contribution was that he got beaten and happened to be a born again Christian at the time. That's not a contribution, that's convenient circumstances.

I agree that the 3:16 comment was a big point in Austin's career, but he would have been just as massive had it not of happened. And frankly if we're going to talk about one moment that set him on the path to stardom then his I Quit match with Bret is far more important.