The Perfect Band

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

J

Fun little game type thing that just popped into my mind. Basically you choose who you would have play what insturments in your idea of the perfect band. This can all depend on your style of music. So as for me it would be.

Lead Singer: Matt Tuck (Bullet for my Valentine)

Guitarist: Syn Gate (Avenged Sevenfold)

Drummer: Jordan Mancino (As I Lay Dying)

Bassist: Andy Trick (The Devil Wears Prada)

Keyboardest: Marta Peterson <3 of course (Bleeding Through)

Sounds like a pretty bad ass line up to me lolz

So lets have um whats your idea of the perfect band?

CT Styles

Lead Singer: Jon Bon Jovi
Guitar: Richie Sambora
Keyboards: David Bryan
Drums, Percussion: Tico Torres
:shifty:

I listen to rap majority of the time and Bon Jovi's my favorite band. I don't know rock bands well enough to make a dream one.

Kizza

Lead Singer: Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom)

Guitar: Marty Friedman (Megadeth)

Bass: Andy Trick (The Devil Wears Prada)

Drums: Dave Mackintosh (DragonForce)

Keyboards: Janne Wirman (Children Of Bodom)

noumenon

Aww..you used Janne's real name...lol.

Vocals: Anders Friden (In Flames)
Drums/Backing Vocals: Aaron Gillespie (Underoath)
Bass: Arif Mirabdolbaghi (Protest The Hero)
Guitar: Tim McTague (Underoath)
Lead Guitar: Linde Lindström (HIM)
Keyboard: Martin Brändström (Dark Tranquillity)

Alright...so reasoning. I really wanted to go for a really heavy, yet ambient meaningful band. Anders Friden is hands down my favorite vocalist and in my opinion the most brilliant lyricist to come around in a long time (and a good friend of mine). If anyone should head up this band...it's Anders.

For drums I stuck Underoath's Aaron Gillespie. This kid can play his ass off. I think he is severely underrated and really knows how to PLAY the drums and really understands them. So many drummers today are all about speed and not at all about the emotion that comes from the beat. Aaron's drumming often times shapes a song more than the guitar parts. I also think his vocals would make a nice awkward mesh with Anders'.

I needed a guitarist who's flash and flare wouldn't overshadow Aaron's drumming which I really wanted to be the heartbeat of this band. What better choice than his fellow Underoath guitarist, Tim McTague. He really proved on their last record he can pull off some heavy ass parts and mix them beatifully with ambient noisecore'ish sounds.

Again... althrough I wanted to keep the flare to minimum on the guitar, I really am a fan of deep meaningful solos. Although I'm not a fan of his band HIM, Linde Lindstrom is a fantastic soulful guitarist when he really goes off on a tangent. He writes some wonderful droning guitar parts and can keep a song interesting for an extended period of time. I think is rythmic slower playing would compliment Tim's playing immensly.

I really wanted a funky ass bassist who could be just as heard and just as much a part of the band as everyone else. Arif from Protest The Hero is just about as good as they come.

As far as keyboards I really didn't want someone tearing it up and shredding on the keys as much as a I wanted someone to add layers, texture and ambience to the band. Martin from Dark Tranquillity does that better than most.

Wordlife

Lead Singer - David Draiman (DISTURBED!!!!!)
Lead Guitar - Adrian Smith (Iron Maiden) or Randy Rhoads (R.I.P)
Other Guitar - Dave Mustaine (Megadeth)
Drums - Neil Peart (Rush)
Bass - Cliff Burton (Metallica.. R.I.P) or Reginald Arvizu (Korn!!)
Keyboard - Janne Wirman (Children Of Bodom)

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

Lead Singer - David Draiman (DISTURBED!!!!!)
Lead Guitar - Adrian Smith (Iron Maiden) or Randy Rhoads (R.I.P)
Other Guitar - Dave Mustaine (Megadeth)
Drums - Neil Peart (Rush)
Bass - Cliff Burton (Metallica.. R.I.P) or Reginald Arvizu (Korn!!)
Keyboard - Janne Wirman (Children Of Bodom)

I'm forced to agree with this

Howie has a sexy voice

I'd marry him just because of his voice.

noumenon

oh..lmao. I can't stand his fuckin voice. He always sings in that same little short burst of verses. His fuckin ridiculous posturing and fuckin dangling lip rings. He's also a fuckin pretentious prick. All of their lyrics are so fuckin...ugh...I dunno. Any time he tries to come off deep he just comes off sounding like an even more pretentious asshole. Like that horrific attempt at the suicide video they did....wow...just wow.

Sorry, I just needed to get that out.

Wordlife

well I love Disturbed. I met them all too last year, and they signed a guitar for me. I was backstage at their show and it was pretty sweet, since they're from Chicago and they were playing in front of the home crowd!!! Besides, I'm seeing them again in a month, and he's my favorite singer.

Singers and bassist I'd like to add to that list:

Singers: Kai Hansen - (Helloween/currently with Gamma Ray)
Rob Halford - (Judas Priest)
Tim Ripper Owens- (Iced Earth/Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force)

Bassists: Flea - (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
Steve Harris - (Iron Maiden)

JimmyD

Reaction score
Interesting idea

Singer: Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin) - The greatest rock singer of all time, bar none.

Rapper: Chuck D (Public Enemy) - The rap/singing combo often makes me cringe, but if I'm forming a band out of anyone I fancy then Chuck D is definitely going in.

Lead Guitar: Jimi Hendrix (Jimi Hendrix) - Anyone else and you're fooling yourself, although honourable mention goes to Dimebag: the king of the pinch harmonic.

Rythym Guitar (Also composer): Frank Zappa (Various) - The man was an utter genius and will be seen in the same regard as the likes of Beethoven in the future.

Bass: Flea (Red Hot Chilli Peppers) - It was between him and the guy from Level 42, but I can't remember his name and I can't be bothered to check Wiki, so Flea wins.

Drums: Joey Joridson (Slipknot) - Just edged out John Bonham, even though the latter was a revolutionary, purely because Joey fucking canes a drum kit like no one else. Honourable mention to Tool's Dany Carey who was in the running as well.

Some combination of people from Brawl/Pantera/Disturbed/Staind