The Outsider on HBO Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Based on the best-selling novel by Stephen King, The Outsider premieres January 12 at 9pm on HBO. #HBO #TheOutsiderHBO

The 10-episode series follows police detective Ralph Anderson (Ben Mendelsohn), as he sets out to investigate the mutilated body of 11-year-old Frankie Peterson found in the Georgia woods. The mysterious circumstances surrounding this horrifying crime leads Ralph, still grieving the recent death of his own son, to bring in unorthodox private investigator Holly Gibney (Cynthia Erivo), whose uncanny abilities he hopes will help explain the unexplainable.

The cast includes Ben Mendelsohn, Cynthia Erivo, Bill Camp, Mare Winningham, Paddy Considine, Julianne Nicholson, Yul Vázquez, Jeremy Bobb and Marc Menchaca.

First Episode January 12th and this Trailer alone sold me to see it way before I heard it was a Novel done by Stephen King. If you like this watch Castle Rock which I need to see the newest Season, but the first Season is the Tits. Also the first two The Sinners Seasons on USA, feels like the same vibe going on with these Shows.​

Reactions: Keith

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Think this has a bit of a True Detective feel to it too. Real mood and atmosphere. Plus the mystery is intriguing. I loved the introduction of Holly in the last episode. Think she's going to be a great character.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Think this has a bit of a True Detective feel to it too. Real mood and atmosphere. Plus the mystery is intriguing. I loved the introduction of Holly in the last episode. Think she's going to be a great character.

I haven't seen Episode 3 yet. I think I might get it in before World's Collide tonight, but yeah I'm super hooked with this Show. The big who or what who did the Murder is going at the pace I want right now and I can't wait to see the payoff.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Another really intriuging episode this week. The ending was great. Plus another couple of enjoyable supporting characters added (the security guy and the receptionist).

Here's the latest review on my Youtube channel

• Love
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah I decided to watch Episodes 3 and 4 back to back and damn I was thrilled with what I saw. Who knew this path of chaos started with Heath and Maria, and later Terry. When Holly was told about the Cuco, in my Culture Cucui/y I was oh shit. I'm a proud Puerto Rican, and I wasn't even thinking that King would know about such things. The Preview for the next Episode man it seems The Cuco will be visiting Ralph's Home seemly I imagine to scratch his Wife and pass on this chaos, while having Jack waiting in the Wings to do whatever he tells them to do. Man they need to find that video of the day Terry was shot or moments after, because he was there.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah I decided to watch Episodes 3 and 4 back to back and damn I was thrilled with what I saw. Who knew this path of chaos started with Heath and Maria, and later Terry. When Holly was told about the Cuco, in my Culture Cucui/y I was oh shit. I'm a proud Puerto Rican, and I wasn't even thinking that King would know about such things. The Preview for the next Episode man it seems The Cuco will be visiting Ralph's Home seemly I imagine to scratch his Wife and pass on this chaos, while having Jack waiting in the Wings to do whatever he tells them to do. Man they need to find that video of the day Terry was shot or moments after, because he was there.

Yeah not too sure what's happening with the Jack plot yet. But its interesting stuff once again.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah not too sure what's happening with the Jack plot yet. But its interesting stuff once again.

Yeah I wonder where that goes. Clearly our Creature now wants him apart of the Case for what? To pass on the chaos to them and we all know what happens this. I'm still wondering what does this thing have to gain by doing all of this? I guess we'll find out later that answer.

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Another spooky episode. The scenes with Jeannie were really creepy. The twist at the end of the episode was interesting. Gotta admire Holly's commitment to the case. Take away her planes she'll just drive:lol

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Another spooky episode. The scenes with Jeannie were really creepy. The twist at the end of the episode was interesting. Gotta admire Holly's commitment to the case. Take away her planes she'll just drive:lol

Yeah I was so terrified for Jeannie seeing the Creature/Cucui visit her and give her the warning either tell your Husband to stop trying to solve this mysterious case, or you'll both die truly scary. It's weird though she has that meeting with the thing, and she wakes up at forgets for a moment what happened the night before. I wonder if that is another power of the thing, because the thing put her to sleep. Holly out here about to blow these guys minds of what this is, and the night before she shagged up with that dude in her Hotel Room she's juiced to say the least.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Episode 6 was really good I thought. Probably the best since the opening two-parter. Great direction by Karyn Kusama (so underrated!). Holly was on top form this episode. Enjoyed the stuff with her and Jack and how she was able to read him almost. The meeting scene was powerful stuff. Once again you have to feel for Holly. She is the Outsider of this drama.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Episode 6 was really good I thought. Probably the best since the opening two-parter. Great direction by Karyn Kusama (so underrated!). Holly was on top form this episode. Enjoyed the stuff with her and Jack and how she was able to read him almost. The meeting scene was powerful stuff. Once again you have to feel for Holly. She is the Outsider of this drama.

Yeah the Meeting Scene went like I thought it would: everyone wondering is Holly for real with all this stuff? Holly has been a great asset to the team, even the part where she shows Ralph yes your Wife was telling the truth and shows his DNA was a mark out moment. At that point he thought his Wife was losing it, even thought he looked at the pics and they looked the same, he wanted to see more evidence and he got it right in front of his face. Holly being in the Car with Jack man that is intense I don't know how she gets out of this.

If she gets away, he might scratch her and the circle might continue, but if she somehow is able to get away from him then his cover is blown and I wonder what Jack does then? Jack getting beat up by his Mother through the Creature made me mouth drop.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Another intense episode. That was quite the trick on Holly's part to get out of a jam. Like the end which seemed some sort of alternative reality version of how that scene could have played. The actor who played Jack did some great work in this one.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah Holly outsmarted Jack and I so marking out for it because I was thinking of situations of her getting out of problem with Jack. I loved the talk between the two as Holly was trying to get info and feed info to Jack going through this torture. The twist we got now is with Claude the guy working at the Strip Club could also be a victim ongoing with the Creature. I always thought the Creature could only use a person one at a time, but clearly that isn't the case here. So Jack clearly is on the run now being exposed by Holly, I wonder what he might do now and how Ralph and gang catch up with him and the Creature/Cuco.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah always figured they wouldn't have cast a name like Paddy Considine if they didn't have big plans for the character.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah always figured they wouldn't have cast a name like Paddy Considine if they didn't have big plans for the character.

Did you see the Preview for the Episode Sunday Keith? The Kid being kidnapped maybe it was Jack doing the biddings of the Coco so he can feed? Holly did say it likes to feast on kids, and when it's desperate it goes for Adults.