The one big thing that pissed me off.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Y2J said:
Exactly. I hate the double standards, it makes the show seem so unrealistic. Why would Miz, one of the most selfish bastards on the roster, take a boot to the back from AJ? I would have marked for him getting a chair, beating her down with it and super-plexing her through the table.

Take it easy bro. :dawg:

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Y2J said:
Hell no. Miz is a badass mofo!

:flair: Miz can hit my wife with a chair and suplex her thru a table

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Y2J said:
Exactly. I hate the double standards, it makes the show seem so unrealistic. Why would Miz, one of the most selfish bastards on the roster, take a boot to the back from AJ? I would have marked for him getting a chair, beating her down with it and super-plexing her through the table.

As a young woman with a rough family history, I wouldn't be able to make myself be OK with men randomly beating up on women, even for the sake of entertainment, knowing people might be watching it and deciding it's acceptable behavior. If, in the case of last night, Miz just randomly started whaling away on AJ, it wouldn't have set well with me.

However, like so many others have mentioned, double standards piss me the fuck off. I'm all for women's rights and yadda yadda, but they need to be fair. As a woman, I maintain that you do not hit a man unless you are fully prepared to get hit back. When AJ took a boot to Miz, he was completely within his rights to beat her right back, imo. I know it's suppose to be PG TV, but what message does that send the kids? Seems like they're just telling girls it's OK to beat up boys because they can't do shit about it.

Just seems stupid to me. If a Diva can hit a Superstar, then said Superstar should be able to hit said Diva right back.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
GrammarNazi82 said:
As a young woman with a rough family history, I wouldn't be able to make myself be OK with men randomly beating up on women, even for the sake of entertainment, knowing people might be watching it and deciding it's acceptable behavior. If, in the case of last night, Miz just randomly started whaling away on AJ, it wouldn't have set well with me.

However, like so many others have mentioned, double standards piss me the F*** off. I'm all for women's rights and yadda yadda, but they need to be fair. As a woman, I maintain that you do not hit a man unless you are fully prepared to get hit back. When AJ took a boot to Miz, he was completely within his rights to beat her right back, imo. I know it's suppose to be PG TV, but what message does that send the kids? Seems like they're just telling girls it's OK to beat up boys because they can't do s*** about it.

Just seems stupid to me. If a Diva can hit a Superstar, then said Superstar should be able to hit said Diva right back.

Yeah I completely understand the caution with WWE and men beating on women. But it ruins the realism in the product if it's women beating on men. As for the topic in general, I can live without it. If they don't want it, then don't have neither sex ever physically attack the other. However, I would be on board with a psycho type sadistic heel, similar to Orton's Viper gimmick but more towards Ambrose's Joker gimmick to physically attack women IF it's the right feud/environment.

That sounds bad but here me out. It wouldn't just be some women beating asshole, it'd be a one off segment. Ambrose for example is feuding with Cena, Ambrose is a sick twisted human being and finds Cena's wife, whilst Cena is outside or backstage he grabs her, brings her in the ring, hits his finisher and walks out laughing his ass off as Cena comes running down. Instantly you have a really personal feud.

Though it's not like that's needed but I think it can definitely add to feuds. That's just my opinion and yet again I fully understand WWE not following through with that.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Y2J said:
Yeah I completely understand the caution with WWE and men beating on women. But it ruins the realism in the product if it's women beating on men. As for the topic in general, I can live without it. If they don't want it, then don't have neither sex ever physically attack the other. However, I would be on board with a psycho type sadistic heel, similar to Orton's Viper gimmick but more towards Ambrose's Joker gimmick to physically attack women IF it's the right feud/environment.

That sounds bad but here me out. It wouldn't just be some women beating asshole, it'd be a one off segment. Ambrose for example is feuding with Cena, Ambrose is a sick twisted human being and finds Cena's wife, whilst Cena is outside or backstage he grabs her, brings her in the ring, hits his finisher and walks out laughing his ass off as Cena comes running down. Instantly you have a really personal feud.

Though it's not like that's needed but I think it can definitely add to feuds. That's just my opinion and yet again I fully understand WWE not following through with that.

Exactly. Given the right environment or feud, it could work out great. Like you, I'd be just as fine with them not doing either one. However, if they're going to allow Divas to hit the Superstars, then it's only right that they allow the Superstars to fight back -- not just take it like a pussy. What they are doing is unrealistic, and it is a double standard. As the cliche goes, "What's good for the goose is good for the gander."

Reactions: Crayo

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
GrammarNazi82 said:
Exactly. Given the right environment or feud, it could work out great. Like you, I'd be just as fine with them not doing either one. However, if they're going to allow Divas to hit the Superstars, then it's only right that they allow the Superstars to fight back -- not just take it like a pussy. What they are doing is unrealistic, and it is a double standard. As the cliche goes, "What's good for the goose is good for the gander."

Another post like for Miss Nazi82!

army_george

Jobber
Reaction score
i see why they cant do it but i can see why they should do it
they need to hit the ref more as well

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Well, if Miz hit AJ with the Skull-Crushing, Bryan would go absolutely apeshit (that's what would happen irl and the only way to make it not seem okay). Either Miz escapes or Bryan loses his mind all over Miz's face... either one is fine. Just from that, you'd have a pretty hot feud.

It would be shocking now, just don't do it after this.

Victoria Justice

Champion
Reaction score
Rainman said:
Well, if Miz hit AJ with the Skull-Crushing, Bryan would go absolutely apeshit (that's what would happen irl and the only way to make it not seem okay). Either Miz escapes or Bryan loses his mind all over Miz's face... either one is fine. Just from that, you'd have a pretty hot feud.

It would be shocking now, just don't do it after this.

This and Miz hitting aj WITH THE SCF Would make me :lol1::win::haha::yay::boss1::obama: