• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Re: The Official Superstars Draft & Discussion Thread

That's the thing, I have a couple of picks up my sleeve and quite fankly with those I don't need much star power.

I'm kinda relying on Lesnar as my star power but, I think it's enough. He draws more than anyone in wrestling bar The Rock.

All I want is something creative and if I get my picks right I'm gonna have some beautiful storylines....

Sabretooth

Reaction score

All the good people are almost gone :lol:

Catfish Billy

Reaction score

All the good people are almost gone :lol:

No they aren't. At this stage, you should have your headliners, but there's still a lot of talent ....

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
They have to start them as a tag...I mean shit happens though 6 or 7 shows down the road one could turn...

And lol at all the good guys gone

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Krisis

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
rtruth
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
sheltonbenjamin
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys

nothing is set in stone... teams form and break up all the time

Catfish Billy

Reaction score

nothing is set in stone... teams form and break up all the time

Yeah but, you can't have breaking up on their debut. That's kinda cheating the system ...

Catfish Billy

Reaction score

[video=youtube;_iXzb7SqIbo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iXzb7SqIbo&feature=related[/video]

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score

They have to start them as a tag...I mean shit happens though 6 or 7 shows down the road one could turn...

And lol at all the good guys gone

There's definitely a plethora of great guys left to pick from...you just have to think outside the box a bit.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score

btw, my last post was just to backup what Booty was saying about "lol at good guys gone"

Catfish Billy

Reaction score

There's definitely a plethora of great guys left to pick from...you just have to think outside the box a bit.

You don't even have to think outside the box at this stage. I'm only a casual spectator and even I have some ideas ...

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score

You don't even have to think outside the box at this stage. I'm only a casual spectator and even I have some ideas ...

True, true, but some people have a habit of sticking strictly to the big companies. I know I have some great ideas as well...I am anxiously awaiting my next two turns.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score

True, true, but some people have a habit of sticking strictly to the big companies. I know I have some great ideas as well...I am anxiously awaiting my next two turns.

I am too, I'm pulling for some good luck to strenghten my roster before moving on ....

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

My next pick in this here draft let's just say is perfection, I pick Dolph Ziggler! because he is very great in the ring, on the mic, and can draw heat pretty good. He is the future of the business and will make a great addition to my roster of stars.
I hate you.

How does Edge & Christian qualify as a team if Edge has 11 world title runs?

I think we all agreed that was not a good rule and has been thwarted

I tried to establish that as a rule but no one seemed to go for it. I mean Harlem Heat was drafted when Booker T at this point is clearly a strong singles wrestler. So rather than wait for E & C to be selected by someone else, I took them.

Well in that case say hello to...

The Brothers of Destruction

Undertaker and Kane as one pick. FTW that's not fair

I think that in Taker and Kane tag has the same characteristics as DX... They just paired every blue moon, and won tag titles very late... So for me that's not a tag team... Is more of an alliance.
Honestly I agree that Undertaker & Kane wouldn't really qualify my definintion of a strict tag team. Undertaker and Kane are singles guys who occasionally teamed together but I'm not going to make a stink over this as most seem to think it's fine so I'll go with it.

So you can only use them as a team?

I presume so, it would be unfair otherwise ...
If you're going to draft a team like Undertaker and Kane or any team where one or both could used as singles wrestlers, it would be kind of unfair to draft them as a team then use them singularly. It wouldn't matter if they had singles matches, all teams do but they should be primarily pushed as a unit.

You could say the same about E&C, The Hardy Boyz, Nash and Hall, Harlem Heat ....
Not really. E & C, Harlem Heat and Hardyz were for a few years just a tag team. They eventually went their separate ways. Kane and Undertaker were always separate wrestlers. I agree about the Outsiders though.

At this point though I think we know what's what with the tag team drafting so let's move on.

Exactly.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score

I tried to establish that as a rule but no one seemed to go for it. I mean Harlem Heat was drafted when Booker T at this point is clearly a strong singles wrestler. So rather than wait for E & C to be selected by someone else, I took them.

Sorry but there are two .problems with that. 1. With Kevin Nash being a six-time world champion, I wouldn't classify them as scrictly a tag team. 2. More importantly I have Scott Hall! :lol:

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

That means no Harlem Heat then, just saying ....

Actually, before Harlem Heat was picked I established that they couldn't be picked because of how successful Booker is in singles.

I probably will steer away from tag team wrestling but, it still doesn't seem right.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Actually, before Harlem Heat was picked I established that they couldn't be picked because of how successful Booker is in singles.

I probably will steer away from tag team wrestling but, it still doesn't seem right.
I know you said it. But they were still drafted.

At this point I have no issue with people taking teams that split and become singles successes as long as you book them as a team.

I'm more concerned with taking teams that were more alliances of two singles guys like DX or take Rock N' Sock or some shit! :lol:

What's done is done though and let's just have fun with this. Who's on the clock now? I've lost track.