The Official SD Discussion thread for 7/31/09

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

That promo was pretty bad by Morrison, he was obviously trying to be face way too much. He needs to learn to stop smiling too, that was just lame.

I thought SD was pretty enjoyable this week. CT and the Harts are really stepping up their games. It makes the fans actually care for tag team wrestling again. I thought it was odd that they gave that long ass promo between CT and Y2J Show, they usually don't give a crap about tag teams but now they give them more airtime and a slot on Summerslam? That's pretty good!

The diva's division on SD is a waste of everyone's time, except Eve, she's hot as hell.

That was a good finish with Punk at the end, he played that well raising Hardy's hand followed up with the psych out with hte microphone shot.

Hardy and Morrison was one of the best matches I have seen this year, on normal non PPV tv of course.

Batistafan333

Reaction score
I thought last night's SmackDown was pretty-good. I liked the match between Morrison and Jeff Hardy. That was the best match on the show.

ratedrko09

Reaction score
i thought punk's full heel turn could have been done better

PeepShow

Care to share how?

Thought it was fabulous.

"Jeff, honestly, the last few weeks...WHAM"

How could you do it any better? So awesome.

EDIT-
345eko6.jpg

Kaedon

Reaction score
He could have consumed a live fetus or molested a child in between shots to Jeff.....

Airfixx

^^^^LOL.

Promo-wise i thought this weeks SD was awfull even if all the match quality was up there again...

Jeff comes out and does exactly the same 'new champ' speech as before (Is it just me or does it really annoy you when he thanks the crowd at the end of his promos... I can't recall anyone else ever doing this and it just sounds wrong.).

Cryme Tyme after a nice Wookie gag proceeded to sound like they were never given so much as a single bullet point to follow, let alone a script ("We're...ummm... gonna... like... errr.... BEAT [that's it, "beat"] you"). I thought this was one side of their game that they had down tight, but I guess I was wrong.

Morrison looked stupid as he pulled a cheesy grin at the camera at the end of every line as if to say "look Vince, I remembered them all!". Seriously doubt the guy's natural charisma and think they need to cartoon-ify his character a bit more so he doesn't need to rely on coming off so 'natural' sounding.

Again, I was left impressed by Mike Knox's selling ability - If only they can actually develope a compelling character around him, I'd say push him hard.

Lastly, whoever it is responsible for fusing Jericho & Show's themes together needs slapping about a LOT, teaching about the last 35 years of music and introducing to the idea of what the fuck tempo is.... Seriously who the fuck sat there and gave that nonsense the thumbs-up???

the dark knight

Jeff comes out and does exactly the same 'new champ' speech as before (Is it just me or does it really annoy you when he thanks the at the end of his promos... I can't recall anyone else ever doing this and it just sounds wrong.).
its not the thank you that bothers me, its actually good for his character build and crowd interaction. i hate how he holds the mic so close to his teeth and starts a fake-angry promo then suddenly screams with an absolutely incoherent rhyme...much like orton? those 2 are tone deaf.

glad someone agrees on teh theme remix. you teach music.........?

Airfixx

glad someone agrees on teh theme remix. you teach music.........?

Nah, I wish... Just a total music geek. Maybe not a big deal to most but, that shit is totally indicative of how fucked up the majority of so-called "proffesional" music types' understanding is of some of the simplest of aspects of 'their' craft and shows a total lack of understanding of what they're actually hearing.... Tempo, basic mixing etc.

That said, it shouldn't take a 'geek' like me to hear how cheap, trashy and just plain wrong it sounds.