The Official Pokemon Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
leojay said:
This is you guys:

Lost all my respect points for you guys, the newer Pokemon games and Pokemon are far superior to everything done in the first games.

1. All the pokemon shown at around :20 look just as shitty as the ones from the 90s. Where's the improvement?
2. Better graphics or w/e don't make something better. I'd stil rather play NES Super Mario than a lot of the games coming out now.
3. :29 is obviously a glitch, not all games get that fucked up. I still have Pokemon Red that my siblings play on Gamboy Adavance, and it's yet to fuck up. I can easily post a glitch in one of the newer games and say "HA LOOK HOW SHITTY THIS IZ!! 90s FTW!!"
4. Change isn't always good, not to say it's always bad, but "i cant accept change!" is such a cop out. It can apply to anything. Don't like modern WWE? CANT ACCEPT CHANGE!
Don't like modern music? CANT ACCEPT CHANGE!
Don't like pictures of cocks jammed into eye sockets? CANT ACCEPT CHANGE IN ART!

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
leojay said:
This is you guys:

Seriously, change doesn't hurt. The new games are virtually superior in every humanly way possible, apart from I guess the exploration. Black/White was fairly linear compared to Red/Blue, but the other gens weren't. Everything else, including music, map design, storylines, replayability and especially Pokemon design is far superior. Because I'd much rather folk story inspired mythical creatures that are based on something rather than "OMG A RED FIRE BREATHING DRAGON LOL SO EPIC AND RANDOM XDD" that is the entirety of the first generation.

Did... did you not read my whole post or just simply ignored it? I said that, yes, a lot of the new actual Pokemon are shit but I still fucking enjoy it. What the fuck. I even watch the series still from time to time. Don't put fucking words in my mouth. Charizard isn't even my favorite one from the first 151 so fuck you.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
deth said:
If anyone wants to play Pokemon Red or Blue online you should go here:

Red: http://www.playr.org/play/pokemon_red/420#play
Blue: http://www.playr.org/play/pokemon_-_blue_version/417#play

You're welcome. :sandow:

That's dope. Can you save games or no?

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Tbh, the new Pokemon are shit. It has nothing to do with living in the 90's.
The games are still good though.

Lady Deathbane

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
CM Punk said:
That's dope. Can you save games or no?

Yeah, you can. I have ROM's as well. You can play every Gameboy Color/Gameboy Advanced games ever. I have almost every Pokemon version plus custom versions people make, which are quite weird and exciting. You should download the program. It's quite fun.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
deth said:
Where's the improvement?

Oh I don't know, them being inspired by folk stories, myths and legends? Look at an origin for them, and then look at the origin of Golbat. Hmm, I wonder where that greatly inspired Pokemon came from. Perhaps a bat?

I'd say that is a fairly significant improvement. The other part of that opinion is too biased for me to respond to, so I'll just call you an idiot and move on.

2. Better graphics or w/e don't make something better. I'd stil rather play NES Super Mario than a lot of the games coming out now.

Graphics might not matter, but I'm fairly sure gameplay does. And compared to all the other Pokemon games, it really is nothing. No matter what way you look at it, every other game has more and better gameplay in it than this. Well, unless you want to call glitches gameplay, considering the fact that that's what made the game rememberable rather than actual gameplay. The game just hasn't aged nicely.

:29 is obviously a glitch, not all games get that fucked up. I still have Pokemon Red that my siblings play on Gamboy Adavance, and it's yet to f*ck up. I can easily post a glitch in one of the newer games and say "HA LOOK HOW SHITTY THIS IZ!! 90s FTW!!"

And that's the point. What do most remember of Pokemon Red and Blue? The glitches. What about the supposedly exceptional gameplay? Oh? It's boring and tedious? So boring and tedious you had to use glitches to complete the game? Well shit!

4. Change isn't always good, not to say it's always bad, but "i cant accept change!" is such a cop out. It can apply to anything. Don't like modern WWE? CANT ACCEPT CHANGE!
Don't like modern music? CANT ACCEPT CHANGE!
Don't like pictures of cocks jammed into eye sockets? CANT ACCEPT CHANGE IN ART!

But Pokemon has barely changed at all, so little infact that it's criticized for it. "It's a great game and all, but it's got the same formula in it that it did ten years ago, just much more refined. I want it so be a super duper WoW MMO with 3D Pokemon!!!!".

The WWE went from The Attitude Era with lots of edginess, violence and just overall juvenileness to John Cena kissing babies asses and blood being cleaned off in the middle of matches. Pokemon went from being a good concept with a shit game, to being a master formula with an amazing game. But nostalgia prevents people from seeing this (hint hint).

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Lady Deathbane said:
Did... did you not read my whole post or just simply ignored it? I said that, yes, a lot of the new actual Pokemon are sh*t but I still fucking enjoy it. What the f*ck. I even watch the series still from time to time. Don't put fucking words in my mouth. Charizard isn't even my favorite one from the first 151 so f*ck you.

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have done that. My super duper Pokemon fanboyisms kicked in and stuff, I'm terribly sorry :upset:

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I stopped playing Rom's. Used to play that shit all day. Is there a NDS emulator now?

Lady Deathbane

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
CM Punk said:
I stopped playing Rom's. Used to play that sh*t all day. Is there a NDS emulator now?

oh, I just assumed those links were ROM's lol, nvm. I'm pretty sure there's an emulator for every console now. I saw a N64 emulator floating around but it was on an unlegit website so I didn't wanna' risk it. :urm:

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Lady Deathbane said:
oh, I just assumed those links were ROM's lol, nvm. I'm pretty sure there's an emulator for every console now. I saw a N64 emulator floating around but it was on an unlegit website so I didn't wanna' risk it. :urm:

I had that like in '05
Played Super Mario 64 like a :boss:

Lady Deathbane

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
leojay said:
Yeah, I probably shouldn't have done that. My super duper Pokemon fanboyisms kicked in and stuff, I'm terribly sorry :upset:

Lol, it's cool. I'm a super fan as well, hence me getting pissed. :dawg:

I was simply stating at the build of the actual Pokemon isn't what it use to be. I use to always pick the water Pokemon starter first up until Unova region/Black and White, but Oshawott's final evolution is just really ugly, I'm sorry but I just can't. :dawg: He even annoys me in the series, lmao.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Lady Deathbane said:
Lol, it's cool. I'm a super fan as well, hence me getting pissed. :dawg:

I was simply stating at the build of the actual Pokemon isn't what it use to be. I use to always pick the water Pokemon starter first up until Unova region/Black and White, but Oshawott's final evolution is just really ugly, I'm sorry but I just can't. :dawg: He even annoys me in the series, lmao.

I definitely agree, the starters had much better designs in the first few games. However. What the fuck did you just say about my boy Samurott? Did you just call Samurott ugly?

ad4cd81e1d23a512692f4be2973dbcf1.png

IMO best starter in the game. I absolutely hate having another Fire/Fighting, and Serperior just doesn't hold up to my boy Samurott. However, Snivy is by far the best starter design ever. Gotta love the smugleaf.