The Official NXT Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

straight_edge76

Reaction score
As much as I hate Daniel Bryan, I have to admit that promo wasn't too bad. I almost got a vibe of real animosity coming from him, he might really think he is "too good" for NXT. I still fail to see what is so freaking great about him though. He may have a future in the WWE afterall if he keeps this up, which I doubt he will TBH.

Jesus, Wade Barrett looked like a beast on NXT. If he doesn't win this something is wrong.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Keep up that intensity in all of his promos. It came off to me as more of a shoot. I just do not think that he would be able to consistantly give those kind of promos on a regular basis. Like I have said before, I find Danielson/Bryan whatever the fuck you want to call him overrated. It will take more then just one promo for me to open up to him on the mic, from what I have seen of his in-ring work he isn't "the best in the world" imo like alot of people are calling him.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
1. Nobody gives as good of consistent promos as that, because that was the best promo all year/segment all year, by far. You can say Jericho, but he doesn't have the same vibe to all of his as Danielson's had.

2. Who do you consider better in the ring? Give me 5

straight_edge76

Reaction score
1. Yeah, I get what you mean. But it will take more then just one promo for me to start going wild over him.

2. Better? Okay, in no particular order. Jericho, AJ, Rey, Joe, Wolfe.

Reaction score
All of his matches have basically been squash matches and barely showed everything he has. He is very good, even better than these guys.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I would say you could put Jericho, Joe, and Wolfe in the same league perhaps. MAYBE AJ if I was generous. But Rey? Cmon. The dude is good and even great, but he's not a mat technician. He's a high flyer and great at counters. Nowhere near Danielson as far as overall ring skills. Danielson is like the Angle/Benoit of the early 2000's.

maty619

Reaction score
Just watched NXT, it really is incredible how Heath Slater can go up in the pros poll when the person he overtook was the same person that beat him earlier in the night. How the fuck does that work out?! Also, where was Truth and Carlito? Danielson's promo was utter gold, so happy that Cole got his arse kicked. What was WWE thinking when they eliminated Darren Young? He is head and shoulders better than Heath Slater. Now I can see the final being either Otunga/Gabriel or Barret/Gabriel because I really can't see two heels battling it out in the final. I wonder how this final is gonna work out now, at first it was gonna be a fatal-four-way for the final but that won't happen, we've already been told there is another elimination next week, I wonder whether it will go down to a pros poll in the final or a match.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Well, you just told me to name 5 people who I thought are better in-ring workers the Danielson. I personally would rather watch A Rey match over a Danielson match but that's just me. I do see where the Benoit comparison could come from as well an Angle. I just haven't seen enough of him to really open up to his work.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Well you should probably watch more of him then.

edit- :lmao I just saw a comment on the Chavo/Danielson dark match video on YT and it says "Promotions don't push Bryan Danielson. Bryan Danielson pushes promotions."

So awesome.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I have tried watching some of his independant stuff, I just couldn't get into it. Maybe I think it was the extremely high expectations that the internet set for me. Any reccomendations as far as matches?

maty619

Reaction score
Hmmm, 5 better wrestlers, I would include Rey in that list personally, Rey has an incredibly different style to Danielson but I think he is the best at what he does, Danielson has massive competition, on that admitadly very unfair basis I'd include Rey. So I got Rey and then there is Angle, Jericho, AJ, Joe and then I don't know, I don't haven't watched TNA regularly for a while before Wolfe so I can't comment there, all I know of Wolfe is that he has a beatly clothseline.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Danielson/McGuinness ~ ROH Unified
Danielson/KENTA ~ ROH Glory By Honor V Night 2
Danielson/Homicide ~ ROH Final Battle 2006
Danielson/London ~ ROH Epic Encounter
Danielson/Strong ~ ROH Vendetta

Those are great ones that I've seen and remember off hand. If anyone else wants to add any others feel free.