The official CHIKARA thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

Welcome, to the thread about one of my favorite current promotions, CHIKARA. For more info on the promotion, go here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chikara_Pro_Wrestling

Current CHIKARA roster:

Tecnicos aka the good guys:

"Lightning" Mike Quackenbush - (The Master of a Thousand Holds)
Claudio Castagnoli - (Stalwart Swiss Powerhouse)
Fire Ant - Energetic Insectoid Grappler!
Soldier Ant - Militant Mat Mite!
Jigsaw - A Wrestling Riddle Wrapped in an Enigma!
Hallowicked - Dark Minion of the Underworld!
Delirious - Surfing the Edge of Insanity!
Frightmare - Crazed Sidekick of Hallowicked!
Jimmy Olsen - The Current Equinox!
Lince Dorado - The Golden Lynx of Lucha!
Helios - High Flying Ace and Aerial Wonder!
Player Uno - The 8-bit Luchador!
Player Dos - !Death-defying Canadian Daredevil!
Create-A-Wrestler - The Wrestler YOU Help Create!
Tim Donst - !Mat Wrestling Machine!
Hydra - Self-Replicating Creature of the Deep!
Sara Del Rey - Our Resident Femme Fatale!
Cheech Hernandez - The New Wave!
KC "Cloudy" Day - Your Favorite Forecast!

Los Rudos aka the bad guys

Ophidian - Venomous and Vile!
Amasis - The Funky Pharaoh!
Gran Akuma - Mysterious Mythological Warrior from Afar!
Icarus - Winged Ring Warrior!
Chuck Taylor - Raccoon City's Favorite Son!
Vin Gerard - The Former Equinox Unmasked!
STIGMA - The Traitor of the Tecnicos Transformed!
Colin Delaney - The Big League Superstar!
Eddie Kingston - The King of Diamonds!
Brodie Lee - The Big Rig of the CHIKARA Convoy!
Grizzly Redwood - Loutish Lumberjack and Lover of Flapjacks!
UltraMantis Black - Angry Insect Evildoer!
Crossbones - A Real Life Heavyweight Horror!
Buck Hawke - Hifalutin Ginger-head of the North!
Daizee Haze - Petite, Poisonous Flower!
Jagged - Quebec's Ostentatious Obnoxio!
Shane Matthews - Crazed, Cantankerous Canuck!
Ice Cream, Jr. - Delicious Dairy Deviant!
El Hijo del Ice Cream - Frozen Menace of Mexicali!
Larry Sweeney - The Sweet Guy with the Sour Attitude!

Stables & Tag Teams
2.0 (Jagged and Shane Matthews)
Cheech and Cloudy (Cheech Hernandez and KC Day / Cloudy)
The Colony (Fire Ant, Soldier Ant and Green Ant)
F.I.S.T. (Icarus, Gran Akuma and Chuck Taylor)
The Future is Now (Jimmy Olsen / Equinox II, Lince Dorado and Helios)
Los Ice Creams (El Hijo del Ice Cream and Ice Cream, Jr.)
Incoherence (Hallowicked, and Frightmare)
The Order of the Neo Solar Temple (UltraMantis Black, Crossbones and Delirious)
The Osirian Portal (Ophidian and Amasis)(Campeones De Parejas)
The Sea Donsters (Hydra and Tim Donst)
The Super Smash Bros. (Player Uno and Player Dos)
The UnStable (Vin Gerard, STIGMA and Colin Delaney)​

Oh boy,

well, "The Quintastic One" from IWF introduced me to Chikara and I have to say, it isn't short on gimmicks lol. I saw "tragedy and Triumph", my first ever CHI DVD and it had it's hilarious parts and some just plain awesome parts. I love The Super Smash Bros (Player Uno and Player Dos), ROFLMAO at the start button on Player Uno. Fuckin hilarious. The Colony is unique gimmick that I actually like, their entrance pwns. The rest of the guys I either already know from ROH or I just didn't get into. I really enjoyed the DVD though, I might check out future shows.

Chuck Taylor is awesome

Montana

Chikara is one of the hottest indy organizations at the moment. They've got a lot of talent. Although i really like the comedy/entertainment aspect; I need a belt. Its just tough to follow with just a mix of matches every show. I do like how they deliver a good podcast every monday night, however i think they could improve the content a bit.

I haven't really watched a full show, but seen a handful of their matches. So take my opinion for what its worth.

Soulpower

WELCOME TO THE CHIKARMY, CHESS!

I love the fed, I don't think it'll become as big as ROH (CHIKARA'S too much of a niche product), but its still pretty damn entertaining... Except for Lince Dorado, but no one cares about him

Also, no mention of The Osirian Portal? FOR SHAME!

And last but not least, I would suggest you look for Eddie Kingston's most recent promos in CHIKARA (About the last 3 or 4 months). They're some of the best promos you'll see this year.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
I personally love Chikara. It's a nice alternative to ROH if you feel like watching indy wrestling, but something different. Their brand of comedy is something that you just don't see much of in wrestling.

chessarmy

And last but not least, I would suggest you look for Eddie Kingston's most recent promos in CHIKARA (About the last 3 or 4 months). They're some of the best promos you'll see this year.

Yes, it was the first thing that I saw on the DVD and I was very impressed.

I just wanted to say, if Larry Sweeney doesn't get signed by a major promotion over the next year there is something wrong with this world lol. That guy is pure awesomeness in a can

The Leviathan

Reaction score
I used to watch some Chikara vids when I am stressed out from work and school lol... I really liked the teams of The Colony, Supersmash Brothers and the Los Ice Creams!

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Yes, Chessarmy hasn't quite seen Los Ice Creams yet, but when he does. *evil snicker.........s flavor*

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Chikara's good because there no other indy in America that does what they do when it comes to a wrestling product. I'm fine with them not having a major singles title, they don't need to because the other titles and tourneys are fine. Chuck Taylor and Vin Gerard are beast.

I think I've mentioned it before, but I HATE Eddie Kingston. He's probably the only guy on the indies that I don't like.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
I also think CHIKARA doesn't need a major title as they mostly focus on their young wrestlers imo. I really liked their tourneys, I've seen some higlights of the La Loteria Letal and it's a pretty good concept mixing a face and a heel in a tag team.

ion256

Reaction score
they have the young lions cup its kinda like a singles title and the tag titles (can't remember how to spell it lol) seeing as how its trying to be a american lucha libre company thats all it needs since lucha libre is mostly tag wrestling anyway
but i do love some of the ideas they have like how you need to win 3 tag matches in a row to get a tag title shot and how the tag title matches are 2 out of 3 falls matches

Diablo4life

Reaction score
So, I went to Face With A View last night in Easton, PA as part of their second to last show of the year, and had an absolute blast. It was my 3rd Chikara show I have attended, and they just seem to keep improving.

For those who say that Chikara needs a major title, they do have the Campeones De Perajas, which are the tag team belts and serve as the biggest prize in the company, next to the Young Lions Cup, which is for any wrestler under the age of 25.

But besides that, the storylines are so original and the product makes sense and doesn't insult your intelligence, which is a huge breath of fresh air in today's wrestling industry. With the storylines, you really don't need a world title. Give the product a chance, you will never regret it.

PeepShow

I enjoy Chikara for the fact that a lot of their shows take place in high school gyms. Saw a match recently where Hero took on some dude and they fought around the gym floor and he did a hurracanrana off the basketball hoop. lolz.

Diablo4life

Reaction score
I enjoy Chikara for the fact that a lot of their shows take place in high school gyms. Saw a match recently where Hero took on some dude and they fought around the gym floor and he did a hurracanrana off the basketball hoop. lolz.

You are thinking about IWA-MS, not Chikara.