• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Official 2024 Stanley Cup Playoff Discussion Thread

Rosie

Dark Side
FB_IMG_1712976185860.jpg

Rosie

Dark Side
Canadian Dragon said:
Sad. Fuck the nordiques ig
Sadly only thing holding them back is the financial support (plus some logistics). I'd prefer Houston over Utah for a Midwest city to go to (larger pop, sports town, some hockey history) but even in Mormon country, I hope they at least do okay there.

Rosie

Dark Side
But Bettman has given them so many chances that I am just thankful it seems to be over. They moved teams for less.

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
yeah typically I feel bad for everyone when a team relocates. But the Coyotes has been an abject failure in Arizona. Maybe it was the ownership but it was sad as all hell.

Still sucks for all the staff of the organization. Hope they can land on their feet.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
The Coyote failure was more than just ownership tbh. It was a combination of poor location, non-interest from the general public, a poor hockey product over the course of several decades, and poor ownership which had lost all good will with the local government. This was Gary Bettman's passion project for the NHL and it failed. Spectacularly.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
I do feel bad for the more passionate fans and their social media admins, who are amongst the best in the NHL besides that stupid ass arena post

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
yeah it was failures all around but Ownership really fucked it to oblivion.

Honestly can't blame Bettman for trying, and Hockey is more popular now than it was when they moved there. But time to move on. Maybe they can try again when they expand to 36 teams.