• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Official 2023 MLS Offseason Thread

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
mls_logo.0.png

I think it's about time for American soccer fans to be able to discuss their favorite MLS teams and talk about the future of American soccer. Discuss transactions and matches and the current ongoing season.
MLS Teams:

Western Conference:

Colorado Rapids (Commerce City, Colorado)
FC Dallas (Frisco, Texas)
Houston Dynamo FC (Houston Texas)
LA Galaxy (Los Angeles, California)
Minnesota United FC (St. Paul, Minnesota)
Portland Timbers (Portland, Oregon)
Real Salt Lake (Sandy, Utah)
San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, California)
Seattle Sounders (Seattle, Washington)
Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City, Kansas)
Vancouver Whitecaps FC (Vancouver, British Columbia)

Eastern Conference:

Atlanta United FC (Atlanta, Georgia)
Chicago Fire FC (Chicago, Illinois)
FC Cincinnati (Cincinnati, Ohio)
Columbus Crew FC (Columbus, Ohio)
D.C. United (Washington, D.C.)
Inter Miami CF (Fort Lauderdale, Florida)
Montreal Impact (Montreal, Quebec)
Nashville SC (Nashville, Tennessee)
New England Revolution (Foxborough, Massachusetts)
New York City FC (New York City, New York)
New York Red Bulls (Harrison, New Jersey)
Orlando City SC (Orlando, Florida)
Philadelphia Union (Chester, Pennsylvania)
Toronto FC (Toronto, Ontario)

Future Teams:

Austin FC (Austin, Texas) [2021]
Charlotte FC (Charlotte, North Carolina) [2022]
Sacramento Republic FC (Sacramento, California) [2023]
St. Louis City FC (St. Louis, Missouri) [2023]

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
So what are people's thoughts on this year? Who do you predict is going to win it all, and what are some predictions for who will make it now that play is currently ongoing?

Josh Drake

Is Extreme And Lives For The Coming Out
Welp, it looks like my Charlotte FC is going to absolutely suck next year, their captain is a washed-up has-been from the dark ages of Austrian football.

camt43

another world class argentinian comes to MLS hey. starting to become a thing. must be great potential business on the same timezone and ESPN already well established over there.

Dale

Super Moderator
I can't find the tweet but i'm sure it'll be popping up all over soon.

He apparently rejected 1.5 billion from the Saudi's to go to Inter Miami where he's supposedly getting some equity in Apple, something to do with Adidas and the option to own a team when he's retired :tom:

Dale

Super Moderator
It is said the South Florida lifestyle was an important factor on top of a deal involving contributions from two of MLS' biggest commercial partners – Apple TV, their current broadcast rights holder – and Adidas, the league's apparel sponsor.

Adidas is also said to be offering Messi a profit-sharing agreement, which would involve the player receiving a cut of any increase in Adidas' profits resulting from his involvement in America's top division.​

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
So.... This Messi dude. He did come to Inter Miami. And is already the team leader in goals after like 5 games or something.

He's really good.

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Lionel Messi is considered the greatest player in football now. So not surprised.
Honestly as a non-soccer guy I thought he was similar to when Beckham came over in that he was an old man and a shell of what he was.

Kinda surprised he'd come over while still in (the tail end) of his prime.