The Night of Champions 2010 Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
daniel bryan was in complete control of the match and Miz lost clean. (his nxt rookie is just ghey, what a bad way of getting exposure.) So he hit his rookie, daniel got control of the match
again put in a submission etc. Not really a big deal since Bryan had control of the entire match, the way the match got played it seemed like an upset if Miz won tbh. don't see how this can propel him into the upper echelon
oh yay a encentric cena promo
oh yay a divas match

Alex C

Reaction score

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Pretty good show, Dolph/Kofi was good, nice way to start the PPV and I'm happy Dolph retained. Bryan/Miz was my MOTN, really good match, both men did well and I was actually a little suprised Bryan got the belt, good decision imo, now Miz can focus on his MITB and Bryan can begin his first title run and put on some good matches with the midcard. 6 Pack challenge wasn't as great as I thought it would be, was still good to watch, had no idea who would win for awhile, Jericho getting eliminated straight away annoyed me, hopefully he does something good on RAW. Not a bad PPV, Womens match was shit and the tag title match was just filler too.

Reaction score
WWE Night Of Champions:

Ziggler vs Kingston - Great opener. People claim that "We've seen this before - Boring" but I really enjoyed the match. Some fantastic wrestling; coupled with great storytelling (Im loving the Vickie/Dolph breakup angle) this was a truly fantastic match. I'm glad Dolph retains.. The finish looked rather sweet too.
Punk vs Show - I've been hoping for Punk to turn face, as apart of his new storyline but it doesn't appear like it will happen. As for the match, it wasn't memorable at all.. I can remember more about the opening promo than the actual match. Show won by a forgettable punch.
Michelle vs Melina - Same as Show/Punk.. Another good storytelling contest. I liked how they teased the breakup between Layla and McCool. What I would love to see is Layla defend the title on smackdown, whilst McCool defends the belt on Raw.. Layla loses and McCool throws her to the curb.. Thus prompting a McCool/Layla feud.
Miz vs Bryan - Second best match of the night. Another truly awesome storytelling match; Daniel and Miz also looked very good. I'm saddened that Miz lost the belt, but Im glad Bryan has it too. I think the absense of the belt on Miz won't be too much, but it will definitely help Daniel. Great match. Definitely one to watch!
Undertaker vs Kane - It was an amazing storytelling match, but it wasn't as good in terms of wrestling. Maybe because it was a No Holds Barred match (Which was everywhere, except for the ring) or it might be because Taker is meant to be weak so he can't pull off a good match. I loved the finish where it appeared that Takers strength had been ejected from him and Kane defeated him. I loved this.
Tag Team Turmoil - I am so freaking glad about McIntyre/Cody picking up the belts. They deserve them. I'm glad Hart Dynasty lost but I was slightly baffled that they were eliminated first. I love how WWE used Usos and Henry/Bourne.. I thought they could have included Morrison/Truth instead of Kozlov/Santino.
Six Pack Challenge - Best match of the night. This had it all: The storytelling was perfect (The whole agony of defeat for Jericho, the entire Cena/Nexus angle and the Sheamus/Orton ending).. It was all perfect. The wrestling was also fantastic. I doubt this will be Jericho's last appearance on Raw. WWE wouldn't make such a big deal that he lost (He practically stopped the match and the show as the announcers and everyone just watched him walk away) only for them not to include him in another show. He supposedly is travelling to another country tonight (Canada) but that could be a ploy as he could turn up on Raw and appear demanding that he moves to Smackdown as apart of a new storyline. As for the ending, I love how Sheamus dominated Orton, then Randy kicked out and got a sudden burst of energy - Almost like a SUPERCena moment. This is Ortons first reign this year and he deserves it - I can see him facing Sheamus as HIAC then battling either Edge or Miz at Bragging Rights/TLC.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Ziggler vs. Kofi- Ziggler retained... again... can we have some new contenders PLEASE?
Kane vs. Undertaker- so predictable that Kane would win, his reign has felt so short and he really hasn't done much except feud with a midget.... so.. ya...
Six Pack Challenge: Jericho shouldn't have been eliminated early... gonna miss him... Glad Cena was eliminated early. Thought Randy taking a beating and then RKO'ing Sheamus and Barrett only minutes apart was a sign of him turning Uber Orton...
Diva's Match- Typical one of McCool's matches. She won with intereference. Lets waste several more months watching her take up air time.
Tag Match- Almost as awesome as the 6 on 1 Cena vs. Nexus match... :smh
Show vs. Punk: Show beat the hell out of Punk again. and again. and again.. can it end now? PLEASE?
Bryan vs. Miz: Glad Bryan wins, hopefully this will knock some cockiness out of Miz and we'll see fewer of his promos and bragging. Congrats to Bryan, he deserves it. Unlike most people who win a title right after joining WWE (I count his return as his re-debut) he actually deserved it. Santino winning the IC title on his first night was a load of crap. Bryan is convincable in a match.

Montana

Reaction score
I see a few others have already given their detailed opinions on the matches, and i have similar views so i'll keep mine short and sweet.

Dolph vs. Koffi - I actually really enjoyed this match for what it was. They built up Koffi enough to the point where i thought he might actually win the match. I like the twist at the end, with Vickie costing Dolph the match. Good Opener.

Punk vs. Big Show - This match served it's purpose as a good undercard match. CM Punk got some major heat before the match, and did the job. Not complaints here.

Miz vs. Danielson - I really enjoyed this match, as Miz kept up with Danielson in ring style. It was good to see a WWE crowd appreciating his wrestling style. Loved the near falls. My only problem with Danielson winning the belt, is that i think the WWE will have no idea what to do with him now. Well probably fued with Alex Riley, but after that nothing. I would like to NEXUS turn to Danielson trying to capture the belt. Perhaps Gaberiel/Danielson. All in all, great match. I had some arguements with Colin in the SB, about if Miz should have lost clean, or the way he did, but it's the WWE. Shitty things happen. I feel it's good that Miz can help get someone over like Danielson.

Undertaker vs Kane - I like the brawling in the match, but i was expecting a little bit more of a closer finish. Just seems like Kane won out of no where.

Tag Team Turnmoil - I thought this could have been booked a little better. I thought the Hart Foundation losing to the Uso's in a couple minutes was lame, even though i don't like the HF. The final two teams, were both make shift tag teams. Typical WWE for ya here.

6 Pack Challenge - This worked well. I hate to see Jericho leave, and Shaemus basically going back to down the card a bit without the belt. But this match had good pyschology, and booked well. I liked the Cena/Orton friends, but enimies aspect. I liked Barrett taking out Cena. I like Orton overcoming all odds and winning the belt.

All in all i thought there were a lot of good things about this PPV, however nothing was really great. The show flowed very well, and set up the main event nicely. It was one of those shows where you weren't hoping for the main event to be on. If you missed the show, i'd suggest checking out the six pack challenge and the US title match.

Overall score : 7.5

May be a little high, but it felt like the midcard belts meant a little something again. The Tag titles meant a little more at this show, and again it flowed nicely. The 3 hours flew by. Good effort by the WWE.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
^Its Kofi, not Koffi lol. I loved the outcomes of DB vs Miz, Taker vs. Kane, SPC For WWEC, and IC title match, Punk vs. Show sounded lame just like all of their other matches. The Diva and Tag matches sounded as usual, just filler for empty air time they couldn't get commercials for. Hopefully the new Tag champs will actually defend the title now and then though. The women's championship.. .meh...... McCool shouldn't have won. Really NO idea why she won. Any of you can think of a reason?

Reaction score
Well since everyone else is doing this:

Dolph/Kofi-as I said before, very solid opener and with Kofi's performance it's really hard for me to understand the flack he gets. He did a very good job of keeping this match together. This was probably the most entertained I've ever been by a Dolph Ziggler match and it was because of Kingston and the ending was pretty good with the Vickie non-involvement.

Show/Punk was really solid too. Punk with another awesome promo, it's too bad there is no one left for him to feud with on SD except afterthoughts in Christian and Fat Hardy unless he's due for another Taker squashing. But the match was fairly fast paced considering Show was a participant and there were some fun spots and the crowd was into it.

Miz/Bryan was easily the MOTN. Just a tremendous match with both showing what they have. Nice working of the arm and nice display of mat skills from Miz who has really rounded into a very good worker. Anyone who says otherwise is either not watching or just plain biased. Lots of near falls and really good heat. Just an awesome match and now both guys can move on from here.

Women's match: Peyton threw a TD as the Colt's continued to bully Peyton's little brother. Five stars.

Taker/Kane: Very slow and plodding match. Probably the worst of their matches that wasn't WM XX. Good lord I hope they don't put them in a Hell in a Cell as it will easily trump the awfulness of Orton being in a Cell since Orton is a house cat in those type of matches, he doesn't do anyyyythhinnngggg.

Tag turmoil: Always got to love the booking when the champs are eliminated first or early because then you know there will be new champs. I like the fact that Dashing was given a little something to do, don't really care for McIntyre though, but the match was fun and Santino getting one of the top pops of the night was cool.

6 Pack Challenge: Not as good as it could have been and the booking, contrary to other's views, was not very good. They killed Jericho off within two minutes, ending any suspense that was to be had there. Then Edge got eliminated, thus the two best workers in the match, and best chances of having a memorable high spot to make this match memorable, were killed off first. From there this match became pretty lack luster and standard. It wasn't bad, but the lack of Jericho and Edge didn't make this match memorable and the Super Orton ending was a turn off. The Fatal Fourway was better.