The New Evoltuion Unfolding?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CT Styles

At the end of RAW John Cena was beat down by Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Manu and partially Chris Jericho. Could this be the beginning of the new Evolution? Could Chris Jericho be apart also? I wouldn't want Manu to be apart of it though, there just doesn't really seem to be any point for him, well, yet I guess. I would love for it to be Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase Jr. Could this be the beginning though? Or is it just a teaser?

Your thoughts/opinions?

The Shua

Reaction score
It's the beginning of what was to happen all along.....Orton becoming the leader of Priceless. I think I made a comment a few days ago about the 3 (Orton, Rhodes and Manu) forming Age of Orton......then feuding with Dibiase upon his return, as it doesn't make much sense to call the group "Priceless" if Dibiase isn't involved.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
I think that Randy Orton will form an alliance with Cody Rhodes, and Chris Jericho much like in your BTB kind of :p. Then, we see the team in a serious feud with Cena, and possibly Batista, and Punk or something, then Ted Dibiase is introduced into the group by screwing Cena, and joining the faction. I believe they will reference to Evolution but tend to stray away from being compared to them. I think they won't have the chemistry Evolution did at the time, and I doubt they will be half as sucessful to be honest.

The Rated R CMStar

I think Ted DiBiase will come in and first try to confront Orton, however he gets persuaded by Cody Rhodes and Manu and just falls into place.

MikeRaw

Yes, this is the beginning, however, there will be a few more teasers to come I think.
I don't know really where Y2J fit into it though tonight, unless he is going to haev a part in it (I hope not). But it will most likely be Orton/Cawdy/Manu/Ted.

The real question is will Batista be in it, ro will he be their nemisis?

CT Styles

I don't think this generation can emulate Evolution to be honest. This generation's was Orton and Batista. In ten or twenty years we should be able to emulate another Evolution. It just can't be done with this crop in this point in time.

JTG

Reaction score
Randy Orton will form a stable with Cody Rhodes, Manu, Ted DiBiase Jr., and possibly Batista by costing John Cena the World Heavyweight Championship and joining the faction.

CenaMark54

Was anyone else expecting Orton to RKO Jericho at the end of Raw?

I know they wanted to keep all the focus on Cena, but having Orton, Rhodes, and Manu turn on Jericho as well would have been a killer introduction to the new stable. Show them as willing to take out anyone who steps in their way.

I was against this stable at first, I thought it would bring down Orton. However, if the WWE is intent on making Orton the top heel, this will be a good way to garner heel heat. Lately, Orton has been getting a lot of cheers and I would suspect that (depending on what city they are in) he will take cheers away from Batista and Cena.

Edit: I don't get why everyone keeps calling it the new Evolution? It bares very little resemblence to the original, with the exception of Orton. Its basically a cookie cutter stable. Orton as the leader, DiBiase and Rhodes as the midcard tag team, Manu as the enforcer.

tnafan454

Reaction score
the first evolution had the past (flair) the present(HHH) and the future(Orton&Batista) of with the *new* evolution all they have is the future with Rhodes and Manu and the present with Orton so they need the seasoned veteran to lead them for a true evolution return

MC Rae

Reaction score
It's been fairly obvious that a stable is going to be formed, not sure who will be in the 'final line-up' so to speak though. The involvement of Jericho has blown it wide open, and then there's Batista to consider...

I see it being Orton/Rhodes/Manu and when DiBiase returns he'll join but friction will begin between him and Orton and they'll feud.

Having said that it could go anyway.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I don't want a so called replica evo, I want a new Faction. I hope they move as far a way from evolution as possible. I think Orton should lead the group. Granted he ain't a "vet" Yet. But he has been in the business awhile and more than capable of head the faction. And with him leading the group it would get him a lot more heel heat. I think if teddy isn't going to be in the stable when he gets back then they need to add some one else. But i do hope Teddy is gonna come back and join Rhodes and Manu. As for Y2J i think it was a One off just to make sure Cena got done over. I don't think he will be in The stable.

The Rated R CMStar

If this elevates Orton to the level HHH was in during Evolution, in which he was practically untouchable, I am all for it.

If it's done just a little better than what they did with La Familia, it will already be huge.

noumenon

I think there is still a very strong possibility of Batista joining them. We haven't seen anything between Orton and Batista that would completely rule it out yet. I mean...we haven't seen a complete beatdown on Batista yet...just a normal match between the two. But it begs the question of what shocking move would Batista make to join the stable...doesn't make much sense.
I think WWE is really using this to cement Orton as a true top heel in the company and really affirm their trust in him by giving him his own stable. And obviously raising up some future main eventers.
BTW...does anyone else feel ripped off that we have to watch Cody every week instead of Dibiasi? lol

chessarmy

The "new Evolution" will feature:

Manu
Ted DiBiase
Cody Rhodes
Randy Orton
Batista

Thats it. Jericho will remain a singles wrestler, and one of the top heels on RAW. He doesn't need to be in a faction and quite frankly he doesn't belong in one. The only reason Orton and Jericho were working together on RAW is because they made some sort of deal.

JMay187

Reaction score
I don't really think that it was a deal, but what Jericho said to Orton.

You could tell that it got to him.

The ordeal about Cena returning and overshadowing Orton.

As for the Stable

I think it should be Orton, Rhodes, Manu and I'm not sure about the fourth.