Hell in a Cell The New Day will defend the titles against...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
It was confirmed on WWE RAW tonight (10/10) that The New Day will defend their RAW Tag Team Championships against Sheamus and Cesaro at the WWE Hell In A Cell pay-per-view later this month.

:hmm:

Sheamus and Cesaro

:annoyed:

Sheamus and Cesaro

:why:

I like Cesaro. I feel he deserves to be on his own. He is an amazing wrestler and good on the mic. I feel like the only reason he is in the position he is in is because of being injury prone (his shoulder). I don't care for Sheamus at all, never have never will. As much as I want to see the belts off New Day, I don't want Cesaro to be stuck in a tag team. Am I the only one? Maybe I am. I don't know. I just don't want the New Day to lose them here... Not like this...

:spanishcry:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I am all in on this tag team, even though I think Cesaro deserves MUCH better.

And it's going to be a damn shame that Cesaro and Sheamus are going to serve as the cannon fodder to The New Day as the champs head towards the all-time record.

Plus, as much as we all want The New Day to drop the belts, it just doesn't feel right to do it right now.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
..... :hmm: ....

Maybe I'm watching too much Smackdown, but I'm down with this for two big reasons.

1: Any tag title match needs a greater story attached - meaning one that plays into the match, and not just "lol I stole your balls". Having Cesaro and Sheamus bickering during the heat segments of the match could be entertaining.
2: It may not be the first match. If this is a long term thing, and while Cesaro and Sheamus lose this time because they can't get along and then - after New Day breaks the record - they finally get along and win the tag titles later? Not bad.

Random thought: As much as I'm seeing this whole thing as "The only possible entertaining thing you can do with Sheamus" and just being glad with Cesaro for that... It would be infinitely more fun if you replace "Cesaro" and "Roman Reigns" with each other in all the scripts. Really enjoying what I've seen of Roman's work lately and I want his personality to be hidden so I can care. And Cesaro vs Rusev >>>>>>>

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score

And it's going to be a damn shame that Cesaro and Sheamus are going to serve as the cannon fodder to The New Day as the champs head towards the all-time record.

Plus, as much as we all want The New Day to drop the belts, it just doesn't feel right to do it right now.

I just want them to lose it to a more established tag team. Sheamus and Cesaro don't really have history or anything. Maybe I am just knit picking at this point but still.

Snowman1

Reaction score
I just want them to lose it to a more established tag team. Sheamus and Cesaro don't really have history or anything. Maybe I am just knit picking at this point but still.

I just watched a 4-time tag team champion and a 4x titleholder in WWE pull an upset over a team of 2x tag team champions on SD. :eek:tunga:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah...that about sums it up...Cesaro should be challenging Reigns for
the US title...but the WWE would never do that...as Cesaro has the ability
to make anyone else he shares the ring with look like a NXT Jobber...and
we can't have that happen to Roman.

God...if only Tyson Kidd was fit and fighting...

As far as the New Day goes...I don't care...the sooner Big E gets a singles
push...the better.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

push...the better.

Cesaro is better than Reigns, but Reigns wouldn't look bad in that match.

On the contrary, the match would be great. Not only because Cesaro is great, but also because Reigns actually doesn't suck at wrestling. The dude's good.

I agree about Big E, though.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Seriously....Big E is the most underrated wrestler on the entire WWE roster...

Big, strong, fast, agile...seriously WWE...unleash Big E and let him be your top babyface.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

That's why it doesn't feel right for them to drop the titles now.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
..... :hmm: ....

Maybe I'm watching too much Smackdown, but I'm down with this for two big reasons.

1: Any tag title match needs a greater story attached - meaning one that plays into the match, and not just "lol I stole your balls". Having Cesaro and Sheamus bickering during the heat segments of the match could be entertaining.
2: It may not be the first match. If this is a long term thing, and while Cesaro and Sheamus lose this time because they can't get along and then - after New Day breaks the record - they finally get along and win the tag titles later? Not bad.

Random thought: As much as I'm seeing this whole thing as "The only possible entertaining thing you can do with Sheamus" and just being glad with Cesaro for that... It would be infinitely more fun if you replace "Cesaro" and "Roman Reigns" with each other in all the scripts. Really enjoying what I've seen of Roman's work lately and I want his personality to be hidden so I can care. And Cesaro vs Rusev >>>>>>>

:yes: to all of this. Good ideas.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Cesaro is better than Reigns, but Reigns wouldn't look bad in that match.

On the contrary, the match would be great. Not only because Cesaro is great, but also because Reigns actually doesn't suck at wrestling. The dude's good.
I have never said Roman sucks...its just Cesaro is on another level...
He has the skill to make Roman look bad...not that he definitely would.

I actually think Roman is pretty good in the ring...I just wish he'd get
more animated and aggressive.

Snowman1

Reaction score

push...the better.

I would just go "Agree" but man... With 20 PPVs a year or however man, it feels like 592... I can totally see Cesaro vs KO for the Universal Title being a phenomenal change of pace. And you don't have to worry about the golden boy looking bad.
Man, if only that would have been the payoff for the Best of 7 instead of this.
HOW DO YOU 50/50 BOOK A BEST OF SEVEN :angry:
twats
Hell it even helps further their beloved Total Stephanie garbage WAY more than this does. The US title hasn't done anything for Cesaro, so come on. CESARO FOR UNIVERSAL CHAMP BAYBY

Get well soon, Tyson! K-Swiss >>>>>>>>>>>>>. Besides IIRC last time I remember Kidd on Raw he was pinning Sheamus. Continuity! lol

There's a crew of guys who... last I checked (been a while) were all 30 and younger. Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns, Rusev, Big E, Zayn, Neville - as much as I bash him Wyatt... are eight guys that can lead the company for the next 10 years (Add Breeze and a re-signed Rhodes if you'd like). Big guys, small guys, over the top characters, funny guys, just wrasslers... Something for everyone right on the roster.