The "N" Word

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nikki

I use the word smurf from time to time, I don't over use the word but as most of you know I'm a huge Hip Hop fan and most rappers use this word. I do in fact find the word disrespectful if it used in a derogatory was of putting the African American race down. I'm not sure what the hell TDK is talking about, if someone calls you white trash you have every right to be upset and find it racist, the problem is if you don't speak up for yourself nobody will. I have been called a nig*er by a Caucasian person before, I didn't get angry because I'm a bigger man than that. I just let his ignorance pass me by, he didn't deserve my time. In fact the only way words can hurt anyone is if they let them, I am too intelligent to let something like that bring me down. We all know that racism still exist. If someone calls you a name and you get angry, your only hurting yourself because the person who said the statement wanted you to react that way, so I say ignore it...did that make sense?

Very well, put Hell Rell. I agree with you, what you said

Defiant One

Reaction score
That made perfect sense Rell. I must admit in the past I lost my temper when I was called "******" and it usually ended in a fight, and to be honest if I were to be called that tomorrow it'd probally end in a fight too. What i'm trying to say is I wish I were a bigger person but fuck I just let my emotions get the better of me, when that is said in a derogatory way. Usually i'm laid back, and easy going but not then.

phantomgerald

Well i can't speak from experience since i don't live in america, but it pisses me off when black people use it on each other. I know how rappers always pop that word in, but them being dickheads doesn't mean the rest of the black community should follow suit right? I just don't like hearing that word, whoever says it

This Guy

I am only posting once on this again, because I've made my opinion clear on this. So here it is for the final time.

1) your facts are wrong. the N word was not because of accents. It was created as an insult by raciest white people who hated black, negros, african americans. Negro was the term, the N word that causes the problems was always intended as an insult. Its my opinion that no matter how good intentioned you may be, its not a term that any self respecting person, black or white or any colour for that matter should use to address anyone, anytime.

2) the question of, if a black person calls a white person white trash or a cracker, how come thats not raciest terms...the answer is simple, it is a raciest term, and again like the n word I don't think any self respecting human should ever use the term in any context. the reason it is largely ignored is because we have been taught to do so from generation to generation, because we have been conditioned to treat blacks/african americans with kid gloves as a way to make peace for the previous years of slavery that the white people had forced apon them. And although most of us would not tolorate it now, we have been conditioned to make ammends for it out of guilt passed down from generation to generation.

That being said, you can call me whatever you want, I don't get offended. If a black person called me a cracker, it wouldn't bother me, because I don't let those things get to me. Like wise I have respect for any black person who lets it slide and go when someone calls them the n word. Doesn't mean he or I have to like being called these racial slurs, or that we approve of them, it just means were being the bigger person in the arguement.

Anyways, thats it, bottom line, the word shouldn't be used ever. Not the original N world slag from Negro that ends with an R or the newer slang version that ends with an A...both make you come off sounding unintelegent in my opinion.

the dark knight

I am only posting once on this again, because I've made my opinion clear on this. So here it is for the final time.

1) your facts are wrong. the N word was not because of accents. It was created as an insult by raciest white people who hated black, negros, african americans. Negro was the term, the N word that causes the problems was always intended as an insult. Its my opinion that no matter how good intentioned you may be, its not a term that any self respecting person, black or white or any colour for that matter should use to address anyone, anytime.

2) the question of, if a black person calls a white person white trash or a cracker, how come thats not raciest terms...the answer is simple, it is a raciest term, and again like the n word I don't think any self respecting human should ever use the term in any context. the reason it is largely ignored is because we have been taught to do so from generation to generation, because we have been conditioned to treat blacks/african americans with kid gloves as a way to make peace for the previous years of slavery that the white people had forced apon them. And although most of us would not tolorate it now, we have been conditioned to make ammends for it out of guilt passed down from generation to generation.

That being said, you can call me whatever you want, I don't get offended. If a black person called me a cracker, it wouldn't bother me, because I don't let those things get to me. Like wise I have respect for any black person who lets it slide and go when someone calls them the n word. Doesn't mean he or I have to like being called these racial slurs, or that we approve of them, it just means were being the bigger person in the arguement.

Anyways, thats it, bottom line, the word shouldn't be used ever. Not the original N world slag from Negro that ends with an R or the newer slang version that ends with an A...both make you come off sounding unintelegent in my opinion.

i understand u. but the reason i use the word is to bond with my black friends. u know like trying to treat them as a bro or sumthin. my friends understand that and its ok with them. however, i've been trying to remove the word completely from my tongue :)

btw, white trash can be racist for sure but thats not what i meant. i mean that i dont get offended by the word..thats it.

Reaction score
Ok Im an Aussie, and I rarely see African-Americans, but I will post my opinion quickly...

I dont see the big deal in either words, ******/smurf (i dont think theres a diff) or cracker/white trash etc. If the person uses it in the right context, then it should be fine.

If someone (any of my friends) called me a smurf, well I'd laugh, and prolly call him a cracker in return. And yes, if the situation arose, Id do it in public. If anyone gets upset by it, then that's there problem.

But like I said, I dont see any african-americans around the city, so this problem doesnt occur...

Reaction score
I am asian so people sometimes be racist. If someone is racist I calm down but if they continue to do it day in and day out then I would hit then. Thats just me. My mates call me n***** even though I am asian but I am darker skin colour that them. I don't mind when my friends go Sup my N*****. But when someone says it intentionally to diss me then I get annoyed

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Why, why would u make this thread? Honestly, why?

But anyways, I use the word but I don't use it in every other sentence like some people and people in the public eye. It's ok when a friend says it to me because I know they don't mean it in a racist term but if someone that I don't know that's not of African descent says it then I get irritated.

I don't like talking much of the subject but I had to let the members of the site, know how I feel about it.