The MOTD Tribute

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Here's the tribute to arguably the best match of the 00's, Kenta Kobashi vs. Jun Akiyama for the GHC Heavyweight Title. It's one of my favorite matches of all time.

MIND = BLOWN!

Reactions: Testify

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
These style of matches just don't do anything for me.

Looks like it picked up towards the end, but the flair chops, slaps, tests of strength, ect bore me.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Well, those style of matches simply express the nature of Japanese culture, and Puroresu is an entity in itself. The stories told in Japanese matches are about a wrestler's spirit and perseverance. And matches like this one are pinnacles of that style. It's all about #MANUP.

Reactions: Testify

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Yea I understand the Japanese fighting spirit, I was a MASSIVE fanboy of Pride (best MMA org of ALL TIME) and still enjoy JMMA to this day, but it's just not something I overly enjoy seeing in a professional wrestling match. I understand the allure and respect the wrestlers a lot, but it just doesn't blow me away like it does some. The second half of those matches when they start suplexing each other instead of slapping each other is good shit though. The first halves can be tedious for me to watch.