The most annoying crowd chant

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
197e226da04b85de4d7620d206f7e96c.jpg

Crowds chant things all the time (if the crowd is alive that is). Most of the time the chants hit it right but sometimes they hit dead wrong or the chant just becomes horrible.

The chant I dislike the most is "You can't wrestle". Mainly because it is used so often in the wrong way. In current memory Fandango is getting this chant thrown at him... for refusing to wrestle. Wouldn't a "you suck" chant be more fitting? Or back at one night stand 2006. Cena and Orton get You can't wrestle chants (neither man is a master technician but both sure can wrestle) whilst the Sandman gets praised like some kind of Jesus. And the Sandman's ring repertoire is basically Singapore Cane shots. This might have to do with ECW nostalgia though.

But anyways.

Which chants do you dislike the most?

Are there any chants that you think are being used the wrong way now?

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
The what chat, in any use. It is so damn annoying by the 5th time, and some idiot always keeps it going. Especially in TNA.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Let's go Cena :upset:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Aids Johnson. said:
The what chat, in any use. It is so damn annoying by the 5th time, and some idiot always keeps it going. Especially in TNA.

This.

There's only two times (what?) it should be used (what?) and that's towards Vincent Kennedy McMahon (what?) and towards R-Truth if he ever (what?) turns heel again (what?). It's another relic of the nineties (what?) wrestling fans just can't live without (what?) and do you see how annoying this is (what?) seriously what's the point it's just really annoying (what?)

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
"boring" chants are annoying as fuck, because they are happening more and more to heels cutting promos when they're definitely not boring. "Goldberg" chant is rather annoying as well. Let it go.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Bully Rain said:
This.

There's only two times (what?) it should be used (what?) and that's towards Vincent Kennedy McMahon (what?) and towards R-Truth if he ever (what?) turns heel again (what?). It's another relic of the nineties (what?) wrestling fans just can't live without (what?) and do you see how annoying this is (what?) seriously what's the point it's just really annoying (what?)

And some asshole always does it like two more times after. :mad2:

Cena shoot? Sure. During a bully ray hogan deal? Why, the fuck, are you so Blue.

Reactions: Snowman1

Delbusto2

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
"What" and "Boring", both super annoying, and I find chanting "boooriing" to be really rude imo. The only time I liked the what chants were when they were directed at heel R-Truth, mainly for the "Don't what me!" lol

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Yeah, boring can be annoying when done in the incorrect situation. And it's pretty rude indeed.

swangirl

The Artiste
Reaction score
What? pisses me off no end
The Goldberg chant is boring

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Boring chants - This just makes the match worse when the crowd are chanting this, how are you supposed to deliver a good match when the fans are heckling,remember the ROH crowd doing this last year for Finlays matches against Strong and then Elgin. its just disrespectful.

What Chants-the most idiotic chant ever.When a heel is doing a promo all the fans do is chant this,they never listen to what the heel has to say. It serves no real purposes. At least a few wrestlers have owned the fans with this prime example undertaker.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Only "What" chants bother me.

+1 it interrupts the timing of the promos. Workers have to rush through their sentences to avoid the "whats" so they can never get the right feeling across.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Although I have to say, at its peak the "yes" chant was really driving me insane