The Miz

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AF.

Reaction score
Start of 2011 was a huge year for the Miz. Guy headlines WrestleMania, wins, looks like he's going to be the promising heel WWE needs. Miz is good on the mic, is decent in the ring (doesn't really matter though) and has an okay look. The guy can get himself over, which he did for a good portion of last year.

What the hell happened to him? If I recall, the guy hasn't won a match in a long, LONG time. God knows how long it's been since he won a match CLEANLY. WWE put him in two of the biggest matches of the year (Cena vs Miz and the Survivor Series tag) but they seemingly have done nothing to keep him relevant. The Truth feud was a flop. Truth made Miz look like a bitch because he was fucking scared of Truth. Scared of Truth? Really? REALLY?

For a good talent, and a guy that is constantly headlining PPV's, WWE doesn't seem to want to keep him relevant. It seems they are content on what his accolades are, instead of continuously building and hyping the guy. Announcers can only talk so much about how he headlined WM, Miz needs mic time (which he never gets, though guys like Truth and Daniel Bryan get more?) because that's where he EXCELS. Why not make him look good by running over a couple jobbers like Trent Baretta or Mason Ryan? At least keep him relevant if you're going to use him in WWE Title matches like TLC and Elimination Chamber.

Seems like WWE has nothing for the guy. Riley and Truth feuds bombed. Cena squashed him. Why not have him shipped off to SmackDown instead of having him flounder on RAW when the guy is one of the top mic workers in the company?

inb4 he botched and nearly killed Truth. That was recent as fuck.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I've not been a fan of him for ages, probably since the first time he came to RAW was it and he was originally taunting Cena for like 6 weeks straight until he bitched him out at SummerSlam.

I think he either needs a new gimmick, or they to choose one of the two he's been using recently and stick with it. Preferably they won't decide on that HHH wannabe gimmick because that was absolutely terrible for him and didn't even remotely fit him nor did he look convincing in trying to pull it off.

I personally think he needs to go back to being quick and witty because I absolutely deteste those slow, dull promos he cuts because once again he's not convincing in that role nor does he seem to have the capability of pulling off the facial expressions.

I'd honestly put him back in the midcard and try to rebuild him from there as i've never seen him as a main event stay, more like a Jericho type floating up and down the card. This may sound utterly crazy but I think a shortish program, maybe a month for example with Brodus could be a step back in the right direction because of the comedy value of his gimmick it could make for good interaction between the two.

Don Draper

Reaction score
^I agree I'm not a fan of Miz either but he's better suited with the more cocky heel gimmick it may be generic but he fits that mold better than he does "angry psycho heel" seeing him trying to make serious tough guy faces is laughable. He should spend some more time in the upper mid card getting re established for awhile.

Reactions: 1 person

AF.

Reaction score
I've not been a fan of him for ages, probably since the first time he came to RAW was it and he was originally taunting Cena for like 6 weeks straight until he bitched him out at SummerSlam.

I think he either needs a new gimmick, or they to choose one of the two he's been using recently and stick with it. Preferably they won't decide on that HHH wannabe gimmick because that was absolutely terrible for him and didn't even remotely fit him nor did he look convincing in trying to pull it off.

I personally think he needs to go back to being quick and witty because I absolutely deteste those slow, dull promos he cuts because once again he's not convincing in that role nor does he seem to have the capability of pulling off the facial expressions.

I'd honestly put him back in the midcard and try to rebuild him from there as i've never seen him as a main event stay, more like a Jericho type floating up and down the card. This may sound utterly crazy but I think a shortish program, maybe a month for example with Brodus could be a step back in the right direction because of the comedy value of his gimmick it could make for good interaction between the two.

I almost see him as an uncredible part-time Main Eventer. The type of guy they will only use for Multiman matches like TLC and Elimination Chamber. Everybody knows he stands no chance in these matches. Did anybody expect him to beat Del Rio and Punk in TLC? Nobody expects him to win the Elimination Chamber and headline WM because not even he himself believes it.

No mic time = no heat = a pointless guy to have in your Main Event. They need to rework him, perhaps a SmackDown run is desperately needed, that still isn't an excuse for the mistreated run he's had on RAW since he lost the Title.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
I honestly don't think he's been derailed the heel is meant to lose the feuds these days.

Smackdown isn't going to help him either because he'll get an RKO Burial which is what is going to happen over there with a lot of the stars its started with Christian, Wade Barret is starting to suffer for it as he hasn't been made to look anywhere near strong since Orton came back and this guy is supposed to be some tough english brawler.

Problem their is no focus on him because the focus is on CM Punk, Randy Orton, Daniel Brian, Kane, John Cena ,Triple H and Chris Jericho leaving no room for the heels to grow because they keep getting jobbed out like the Miz and Alberto.

So we need to see some more mic time for the Miz and Dolph Ziggler and Wade Barret needs to start looking strong because this year alone in the royal rumble it suffered greatly from lack of star power and when the biggest suprise is Roadd Dogg Jesse James then there are some problems.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
This time last year, without a doubt, Miz was my favorite in WWE. I loved him. I had followed him since OVW and I was proud as hell that he was doing what he was doing. CM Punk then got pushed and that's been Miz's downfall for me. Punk was heel facing Cena at first and his heel shit just made Miz look weak. Punk got the push and turned face. Miz got lossed in the shuffle.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Wrestling Observer Newsletter said:
- The Miz was a big favorite of WWE management back when he won the WWE Title a year ago because of publicity that he brought the company. The feeling now is that Miz has regressed, both in the ring and on the microphone. The feeling is that when Miz was booked as a mid-carder before, he was hungry and forced officials to make him a headliner. Now he's back to the mid-card and isn't forcing them to push him. The botch with R-Truth on this week's RAW didn't do him any favors.
Definitley agree about him regressing on the mic.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I agree too, like Dale said up there he isn't playing to his strengths at all.

Sick of these drawn out heel promos that follow the same template tbh.

Jericho, Miz, Barrett, Cody, etc all use the same material week after week.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
News on Miz's push (or lack thereof)

Whether this report is randomly made just based on what happened on Raw or not it is obvious that they've lost faith in pushing him and Dolph's emergence certainly didn't do any good for Miz of possibly being pushed like he was before either. I"m still a fan of the guy but he has been pretty forgettable as of late and it all started when they tried to pass him off as ruthless and cold and that just isn't him at all.

Edit: Thanks to whoever moved my post as I didn't know it was already posted in here.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Dolph worked his ass all year like Miz did prior to his huge run but Miz was already in a better position so he got the belt. Dolph keeps at it and doesn't give in when he finally makes it to be a champion on Raw then I think we'll see him actually emerge as a bigger star. This actually makes more sense than most of the reports on Miz lately.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
To me it started to come crashing down a week or two before Survivor Series. To set the scene Miz and Truth had become the biggest heels in WWE after they began their Awesome Truth team. They made headlines when they attacked Del Rio, Cena and Punk in the mainevent of HIAC PPV with steel pipes after they had previously been fired for attacking Punk and HHH the previous PPV. They had massive heel heat and it was a beatdown unlike many had seen in WWE for quite some time. The were the most hated heels after that and because of that they were booked against Cena and Rock at Survivor Series. The great work was all destroyed when Cena single handedly beat the two of them a week or two before SS. After that they were never a threat for Cena and Rock at SS and it has gone downhill ever since then.

It is amazing how far he has fallen because he was the hottest thing in WWE at one stage last year and he was the face of WWE for a bit fronting all the media interviews. I am sure that he will be able to make his way back but he probably won't ever be a dominant champion that carries the title for close to a year it will more likely be shorter title reigns.

What do people think he would be like as a face and will he be able to get over as a face?

ATKOOL

Reaction score
I think he needs a fresh start on SD as well. Give Ziggler top spot as heel for a while on Raw.

Vivido

Reaction score
Personally I hope the slip continues. give his spot to someone else.

How he managed to headline WM I'll never know.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Where The Miz Currently Stands With WWE Officials
As we have been reporting throughout the week, there appears to be backstage heat on WWE star The Miz for botching a spot on Raw which resulted in R-Truth taking a bad fall during the main event match.

In an update to this story, The Wrestling Observer is reporting that The Miz has somewhat fallen out of favor with WWE management, and it's due in part to the Raw incident as well as several other factors. As we noted before, WWE is placing a lot of the low Survivor Series buyrate blame on The Miz, as the company felt there wasn't enough interest in him heading into his tag bout at the PPV.

Additionally, it's being said that WWE officials feel The Miz has regressed on the microphone and in the ring since his main event push leveled off last year. Prior to that, management always regarded The Miz highly as they felt he represented the company well during media appearances and was a hungry superstar. Since being relegated back to the midcard, however, officials feel that he has lost a lot of the drive that made him a top talent in the past, and that he is not offering management many reasons to elevate him back to the top again.

Damn.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
People like Miz are a clear cut example of WWE just pushing far too many young stars and crowning them as world champions before they're even sure what they offer WWE or if they will want to stick with them for longer than a few months.

This is what really peeves me about the way WWE does things in this era. I understand they are trying to get younger and really have no choice but to do so considering the mass amounts of Attitude era legends retiring. But this is was the midcard is supposed to be used for, not the world title picture.

Now I have no problem with Miz. Quite honestly, I think he took full advantage of the opportunity WWE have him and never had any big complaints with the guy. He is a character that appeals to modern youth culture, excellent mic skills, and above average ring work. He also proved he was a hell of a worker. But WWE had to quickly move on to ADR, the Summer of Punk, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler and so on... even Jack Swagger got snubbed out of his run and I actually thought he was doing a pretty decent job of being hated. It was the last Big Show rivalry I cared the slightest about, that's for sure.

They are pushing too many people too fast and none of them are getting pushed enough as a result. It seems like WWE is desperate to find their next Austin or next Rock, and it makes me wonder if they are even willing to commit to one guy anymore. But the point still stands that they are NOT using their midcard division to find these things as much as they should be, because if they did, they could scout these superstars' capabilities as a champion without gambling too much, and eventually dumping them a couple months later and leaving the fans wondering "wtf happened with this guy" when another young hotshot is getting the same world class treatment.

About the only thing I ever doubted about Miz initially was his ability to be a top singles star considering how adjusted he was to the tag team scene. But I'll admit, I was wrong about that and he turned out to be very effective and interesting as a world champion.