The Miz Expected to Elevate Back to Main Event Status in WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
wrestling-edge said:
Future plans involving The Miz call for him to have a place back at a main event level in WWE.

Miz dropping the Intercontinental title to Kofi Kingston was to help solidify Kingston as a top mid-card star and free up The Miz to work in more important feuds. WWE plan to have Miz face other top talent and get back on track as one of the company’s top talents for the future.

In the WWE’s eyes, Miz has done all the right things and they are very pleased with his consistent improvement on the mic and inside the ring. Miz also gets praised for being very good and willing to do the intense media schedule to promote the company.

Sources also mentioned that The Miz was chosen to be on the cover of the Survivor Series poster as an indication for bigger and better things for him.
Would be fairly surprised if how Miz is being used now will translate into a main event push for him. Could see it if he went into the WHC picture but not the WWE title picture.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
They need all the main event talent they can, and I'm perfectly fine with Miz back up there. I think he's a good bit better than when he got his first reign and I enjoyed that one, so i don't see anything wrong with this if it's true.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I agree with Chris I've never had a problem with Miz really. He did seem to be in the dog house a bit but if you think about it going back to the main event makes sense his movies due out soon. The need to make sure what happened with Cena getting injured doesn't happen again. Solid idea. I think Cenas injury really opened their eyes, I don't think Punk Ryback would have happened if Cena hadn't been injured and I think Ryback was chosen out of convenience more than anything.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'd be very happy if he were brought back to the main event. I've always liked him, always felt he could be a top star. He's got the charisma, his mic work is pretty awesome, and his ring work is better than his first go. I'd say he's ready.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I wouldn't mind this if they tried a face run with him, cause I'm personally not a fan of his heel work.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Yeah I'm a big fan of most things Miz does and I think I have to give WWE credit with how they've used him thus far.... They gave him a good build, used the briefcase properly and I was even ok with the little bit they knocked him down- mostly because I think they wanted to see how he'd respond and he's come back better than ever... I'm interested to see if a face turn is in his future although I think they should hold off a bit and do it kinda old school... Like a "Miz saves the day" kinda thing

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I really want to see his talk show continue. Raw is 3 hours now, and since there has to be filler matches or filler material every week, give it to the Miz for MIZ TV. Film it backstage, or next to the Titantron. "talk shows" are a great vehicle for building feuds.

As far as his wrestling goes, hell yes, put him in the WHC title hunt, and give him plenty of mic time.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I meant to make a thread on this subject a couple of weeks ago after his Miz TV segment with Kofi. I honestly think he suits a mid / upper midcard heel far better than he does a main eventer. I honestly think he could be somewhat of a new Jericho in the sense of because he is so consistently over that feuding with him will benefit the face. I feel as though his feud with Kofi has already been very good for midcard standards because of the time that they invest in Miz which providing they balance it out and give his opponent mic time like they have with Kofi, they will benefit too. He did it with Morrison, Riley (slightly different circumstances), Bryan and now he's doing it with Kofi. For me, that's his best spot.

Reaction score
Great thread, PHX. Thanks.

I'm a big fan of The Miz. I always enjoyed his mic work going back to his days tagging with JoMo on ECW. His wrestling has come a long way since then. It's funny, my wife *never* watched wrestling before we started dating. (This will connect back to Miz, trust me) I didn't even tell her I watched wrestling for months and months of dating. Finally I had to break it to her that yes, I was one of those wrestling fans lol. She is super cool though, and she's also a big comic book fan. When I explained to her that I like it because wrestling to me is a big live action comic book, she was on board. It just clicked for her, and she's been a huge fan since.

The Miz was brand new really back then, and she's been a fan of him since. I enjoy shit a lot more if she's into it, and man she's a huge fan of The Miz. When he main evented WrestleMania you have no idea how she was marking out. This woman was crazier than I was for Mania that year. It was cute as fuck. She's super smart and she's figured wrestling out very fast too. When Miz dropped the title at Extreme Rules the following month, she was bummed but she was also the first to say that he got to that belt REALLY fast. We've both come to the agreement that he needed to be knocked down a peg or two just to see if he can handle it and come back stronger.

Since he's come back, he's definitely done that. His matches have been off the charts. The dude can *go*. His mic work was always there, and now the in-ring stuff has caught up. I have no doubts he will be a huge player in WWE for quite some time. He will get back to the main event sooner rather than later.

I'll make another prediction. Other folks have said they'd like to see Miz be a babyface. I agree. I think Miz would be great in that role if done that old school "Miz saves the day" way that was mentioned above. That is spot on. My prediction is that when he does turn, he's going to be RED HOT!! Crowds loooooove it when a long-term heel finally saves the day. The pop will be enormous. The crowd appreciates his wrestling now, it's his mic work that keeps him a heel.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Miz seems to being slowly turning face, what other champion in the company is saying the champ takes on all comers?

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
Would be fairly surprised if how Miz is being used now will translate into a main event push for him. Could see it if he went into the WHC picture but not the WWE title picture.
For some reason, I would rather see Miz in the WWE title picture than the Whc one. I was thinking of either letting Miz win The Royal Rumble this year or an Elimination Chamber match. They had him close to winning the Elimination Chamber last year but Punk won instead. So maybe they are thinking about letting him win this year. It wouldn't really make sense for him to beat the Rock in the elimination chamber if he beats punk at Royal Rumble. So maybe he will have a Whc title push since the Whc division isn't hot right now.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
It would probably benefit WWE if he went for the WHC to kind of give it more credit than it's had in recent years. A feud between Orton and Miz would be pretty sexy for the WHC title.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I'll beleive it when I see it, he's been nothing more than a glorified jobber ever since he returned.

He deserves a Main Event spot back though.

Reaction score
Jobber? He was the IC Champion. Yeah jobbin' it up. Losing matches doesn't make you a "jobber". Getting your own recurring segment a la Piper's Pit, Cutting Edge, and The Highlight Reel doesn't make you a jobber. To each his own though. I know internet folks get really bent out of shape if anyone loses a streak of matches, whether or not it's meant to tell a story.