The Miz Being Blamed for Survivor Series Buyrate

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
WWE officials contemplated months ago of putting The Miz back in the WWE Championship picture come January. That did not happen and he has not won a televised singles match since the December 5, 2011 edition of Raw. There are people within WWE who believe top officials are blaming him for the Survivor Series drawing a disappointing buy number. Teaming with R-Truth, he appeared in the main event against John Cena and The Rock.

The pay-per-view event, which featured The Rock’s first wrestling match in over seven years, is estimated to have garnered 260,000 buys worldwide. It was reported that of that figure, 160,000 pay-per-view purchases came from the United States.

The estimate compares to 244,000 buys in 2010 and 235,000 in 2009, which nearly got the show scrapped from the annual pay-per-view line-up.

Source: LordsOfPain

Has to be bullcrap because Miz draws in viewers pretty much every segment he's in as he's a big star. I can't see them blaming Miz & not Truth who's been like another superman recently.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
This is quite comical to be honest. Miz gets the blame because wrestling is in a down period. Plus with the shite build they gave the match.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
How can you blame The Miz for a poor purchase rate at Survivor Series? That's just plain bullshit.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Nothin to do with the fact everyones skint at the min?

seriously food vs wwe id rather eat thanks!

:cool:

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
It's a cop out.

The only difference between the Mania main event and the Survivor Series main event is R-Truth

I can't stand Miz, but to blame him doesn't make much sense, unless someone higher up doesn't like him

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
JC4Life37 said:
It's a cop out.

The only difference between the Mania main event and the Survivor Series main event is R-Truth

I can't stand Miz, but to blame him doesn't make much sense, unless someone higher up doesn't like him

Vince & Cena are known big fans of Miz, so I'm presuming the latter isn't the case unless something changed dramatically.

Even people who don't like the Miz can admit the guy draws because of his media talent. The match itself was given crap build as seabs said. They return from suspension and get buried by Cena for a couple of weeks. The match wasn't booked as Rock and Cena vs a formidable tag-team, it was "Can Cena and Rock get along?" Not many people are going to buy into that.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Vince & Cena are known big fans of Miz, so I'm presuming the latter isn't the case unless something changed dramatically.

Even people who don't like the Miz can admit the guy draws because of his media talent. The match itself was given crap build as seabs said. They return from suspension and get buried by Cena for a couple of weeks. The match wasn't booked as Rock and Cena vs a formidable tag-team, it was "Can Cena and Rock get along?" Not many people are going to buy into that.

you could have had virtually anyone else vs rock an cena an noe would care whoever was a shit bookin an no one cared!

Reaction score
Even though I'm not a fan of the Miz blaming him for low ratings is wrong, unless he did a Katie Vick thing or something!

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Lol, this is hilarious. I believe the report is false, but if true - then WWE is really driven by major dumbasses.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I hope the report is about as accurate as most dirt sheet reports (not at all) because that's just BS if true.

Maybe people don't care to see Rock/Cena team up in a cheesy, meaningless tag match? The build for the PPV wasn't exactly stellar

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I hope the report is about as accurate as most dirt sheet reports (not at all) because that's just BS if true.

Maybe people don't care to see Rock/Cena team up in a cheesy, meaningless tag match? The build for the PPV wasn't exactly stellar

This. Btw, your sig is epic.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Yeah, but look at the way the Miz has been booked, he couldn't be taken seriously as champion. Cowardly champions don't work in the 2010's. He never was established as a real champion, and won all his title matches against legitimate opponents due to interference. Very weak. Since then, he wasn't in any really important feuds, was buried at Over the Limit, and only had 1 PPV win altogether (thanks to Kevin Nash). And WWE wonders why he wasn't a quality opponent for the likes of Rock and Cena when you booked him like this? Why would you book anyone like this?

Raw has no main-event quality heels, so why would you take someone who has the potential to be and bury him in favor of R-Truth, who now has nowhere to move up to because you have no other heels on your show?

Reactions: Crayo

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Draine said:
Yeah, but look at the way the Miz has been booked, he couldn't be taken seriously as champion. Cowardly champions don't work in the 2010's. He never was established as a real champion, and won all his title matches against legitimate opponents due to interference. Very weak. Since then, he wasn't in any really important feuds, was buried at Over the Limit, and only had 1 PPV win altogether (thanks to Kevin Nash). And WWE wonders why he wasn't a quality opponent for the likes of Rock and Cena when you booked him like this? Why would you book anyone like this?

Raw has no main-event quality heels, so why would you take someone who has the potential to be and bury him in favor of R-Truth, who now has nowhere to move up to because you have no other heels on your show?

Your first post just got you a rep, and a like. Congrats :p.

Completely agree with everything you've said. Miz plays the cowardly heel to perfection yes, his mic skills are incredible yes, but his booking was beyond the generic coward-heel. He was booked to beat Jerry Fucking Lawler because of Michael Cole. Miz is so charismatic, I'd loved to have seen him have a gimmick like Eddie Guerrero's. Cheat but in genius ways.

I hope they don't drop the ball completely on Miz, I know Vince is a fan of his because of his amazing media-work, he could generally be like The Rock if he was booked properly. His mic skills I believe are that good.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Your first post just got you a rep, and a like. Congrats :p.

Completely agree with everything you've said. Miz plays the cowardly heel to perfection yes, his mic skills are incredible yes, but his booking was beyond the generic coward-heel. He was booked to beat Jerry Fucking Lawler because of Michael Cole. Miz is so charismatic, I'd loved to have seen him have a gimmick like Eddie Guerrero's. Cheat but in genius ways.

I hope they don't drop the ball completely on Miz, I know Vince is a fan of his because of his amazing media-work, he could generally be like The Rock if he was booked properly. His mic skills I believe are that good.

Thank you. *takes bow*

Just because of who he is, he can get heat. The internet dislikes the former reality star coming into WWE, he's not as attractive than most babyfaces so the ladies won't like him as much, and his mic skills and aggressiveness can get heat from the kids and casual fans. All he needs is to be booked in a way that can get the fans to believe in him as a viable contender.

An Eddie Guerrero-type heel may actually work in today's WWE, but there's no real reason to believe the current Raw creative team is capable of booking someone like that. Rock? He's not quite THAT good, but he is, indeed the most charismatic and "must-see" superstar in the WWE today.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The Miz is awesome, WWE Officials need to suck dick.

Obviously the buyrate is going to suck when you have the lamest traditional five on five match in years and do not put Zack Ryder in a match at his home town. But also you need to actually book better and build the feud better more than have Rock appear for one night so he can put Boots to Asses. And if they made Miz n Truth actually attack the Rock and Cena that night it would put a lot of people wanting to see what will happen.