• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power - Amazon Prime (2022)

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
MV5BYTM3YTIzNDYtN2U5MC00NTNmLWEyZTgtNGI0OGE2NzNkZGEyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_.jpg

Amazon Studios’ forthcoming series brings to screens for the very first time the heroic legends of the fabled Second Age of Middle-earth's history. This epic drama is set thousands of years before the events of J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, and will take viewers back to an era in which great powers were forged, kingdoms rose to glory and fell to ruin, unlikely heroes were tested, hope hung by the finest of threads, and the greatest villain that ever flowed from Tolkien’s pen threatened to cover all the world in darkness.

Beginning in a time of relative peace, the series follows an ensemble cast of characters, both familiar and new, as they confront the long-feared re-emergence of evil to Middle-earth. From the darkest depths of the Misty Mountains, to the majestic forests of the elf-capital of Lindon, to the breathtaking island kingdom of Númenor, to the furthest reaches of the map, these kingdoms and characters will carve out legacies that live on long after they are gone.​

Release Date: September 2, 2022

Last edited:

Marty McFourth

:komintrigue:

Not a MASSIVE fan of LOTR, but I have watched some of the movies & enjoyed them. Fellowship of the Ring was quite awesome.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
I hope they go for a GoT tone and make the series darker and grittier than the movies. Shadow of Mordor showed that you can have something set in the LotR universe that is bloody and adult-toned.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
I swear I thought I made a LOTR Threat for things awhile back but I'm a huge of the franchise and I can't wait to see actually footage of what is coming for this Show already.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
This looks more like Shanarra Chronicles than the movie but eh.
Also this is not in the Coming Attractions for some reason, I'd say you really need some help with this section @Chris :becky2

Last edited:

Marty McFourth

We’re still some months away from the premiere of Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, Amazon’s tent-pole series that takes us back to the Middle Earth. While the streamer is probably holding on to the big reveals for when the series is closer to its debut, there's still new information trickling in to hold us over until then. Today, two new series regulars have been announced, and we can expect to see them throughout the season. The series, which kicks off in early September, will center around the creation of the small, circular artifacts that ultimately made Sauron the biggest villain in Middle Earth. It will feature (much) younger versions of Galadriel (Morfydd Clark) and Elrond (Robert Aramayo).

The two new characters revealed through the series’ official Twitter account are called Theo and Bronwyn. While both of them look human, we’ll have to wait for more images or their reveal on a trailer to be completely sure. Bronwyn is played by Iranian actor Nazanin Boniadi, who How I Met You Mother fans might remember as Barney Stinson’s (Neil Patrick Harris) witty girlfriend in Season 6. Boniadi has also had recurring roles in high-profile series such as Homeland, Scandal, and Counterpart.

Theo is played by Tyroe Muhafidin, who’s landing his first major role in a TV series. The most interesting part of this character reveal is that Muhafidin’s character is holding a sword that is broken down at the hilt. From casual to die-hard fans of The Lord of the Rings, everyone remembers that the original film series starts off with Aragorn’s (Viggo Mortensen) ancestor Isildur (Harry Sinclair) getting his sword Narsil broken down by the big bad Sauron himself, with Aragorn later on inheriting the sword’s shards and putting it back together to fight the same villain.

However, it’s unlikely that this sword is Narsil, since Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power is set centuries before the events of the original movies and even The Hobbit film series. Isildur, however, will be featured in the story and is set to be played by Maxim Baldry (Years and Years). So maybe the scene is a quick easter egg in the series and Prime Video wants us to overthink it? Needless to say, it’s working.

Highly anticipated, Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power is set to become a milestone in terms of production: Season 1 will be the most expensive season ever produced on TV, with a budget of nearly half a billion dollars. All of it will be helmed by showrunners J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay, as well as director J.A. Bayona (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom), who directs the first two episodes of the season and sets the tone for the entire series – which has already started production on Season 2.

Prime Video premieres Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power on September 2.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons

Woah a Comet hitting Middle Earth could it mean something evil is coming to the World I wonder. Teaser Trailer on the 14th!