The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
rsz_loz-min.jpg

Have you played it? People are already calling this the greatest LoZ ever, some even saying it's the greatest game of all time (pff).
Thoughts?​

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
My thoughts: I NEED TO PLAY IT! :angry:

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Looks cool, don't know if the system is worth the one game tho'

Zelda Breath Of The Wild
Mario Odyssey
Yooka-Laylee (Banjo Kazooie 3 basically)
Splatoon 2
Maro Kart Deluxe
RIME
Seasons Of Heaven
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Just Dance 2017
NBA2K17

Bonus games:
Sonic Mania
Arms
1 2 Switch
Ultra Street Fighter 2
Snipper Clips

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
...Well not a launch.

OH I see what you meant lol..... yeah they should have released Odyssey, Splatoon 2, MKDeluxe and Zelda atleast! at launch.... And a web browser... not being able to use netflix is a big con for alot of people and it would have been a big pro to be able to use it as a tablet when out and about.... I really hope they come out with a patch

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Never been a fan of the series but everyone I talk to loves it. Not gonna get a Switch for it though as I'm not a fan of ninty games.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Wifes sister ordered it for the Wii-U. Her man came home with a Switch+Zelda for her.

On metacritic only Soul Calibur+ Ocarina of time come close in rankings.

My wife wants a Switch but plans on buying it later for other games (Fire Emblem, Pikmin etc)

Bought a Gamecube back in 2003, it became her gamecube fairly quickly. I'll just borrow the Wii-U version or wait and lend out PS4 and borrow the Switch assuming wife doesn't impulse buy one tomorrow or next week.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Definitely seems like a game worth playing, but I don't really buy it as the greatest game ever. A lot of the stuff it is getting praised for "innovating/inventing" is stuff that has existed in role playing games/adventure games on other platforms for close to a decade already. For a Nintendo product it is mad innovative, but for the RPG genre at large it is not that groundbreaking mechanic wise.

Still looks like a real fun game tho but I am not going to buy a Switch for one game. I said it in another thread but the Switch launch lineup is laughably bad. At the moment it is a Zelda machine and I am not throwing out 300-400$ depending on what the current exchange rate is between the dollar and the Swedish crown. I'll wait until Christmas and get the Switch with Zelda, Mario and something else as well.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I am not throwing out 300-400$ depending on what the current exchange rate is between the dollar and the Swedish crown. I'll wait until Christmas and get the Switch with Zelda, Mario and something else as well.

Yeah I was thinking about it when I thought the price was going to be 250 just to have something different until xbox2 came out, then i seen the launch games, no browser or streaming and the $400 price tag here in canada and it's not happening

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking about it when I thought the price was going to be 250 just to have something different until xbox2 came out, then i seen the launch games, no browser or streaming and the $400 price tag here in canada and it's not happening
Their "game rental" service is also very weird considering the business standard set by Xbox and Playstation.

On my Playstation I get 3-4 games per month for free with my PS+ subscription. And I get to keep them as long as I sub. Xbox has a service that works the same as far as I know.

On the Switch you get 1 classic game per month for that month only.

Reactions: WholeFN'Moe

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Their "game rental" service is also very weird considering the business standard set by Xbox and Playstation.

On my Playstation I get 3-4 games per month for free with my PS+ subscription. And I get to keep them as long as I sub. Xbox has a service that works the same as far as I know.

Yup that's how Games with Gold on Xbox works.

And now they have Xbox Gamer Pass which is a 10$ per month deal and you get access to over 100 titles (that have more titles added/removed from time to time) makes the 1 game for 1 month a deal look laughably bad lol.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Definitely seems like a game worth playing, but I don't really buy it as the greatest game ever. A lot of the stuff it is getting praised for "innovating/inventing" is stuff that has existed in role playing games/adventure games on other platforms for close to a decade already. For a Nintendo product it is mad innovative, but for the RPG genre at large it is not that groundbreaking mechanic wise.

Still looks like a real fun game tho but I am not going to buy a Switch for one game. I said it in another thread but the Switch launch lineup is laughably bad. At the moment it is a Zelda machine and I am not throwing out 300-400$ depending on what the current exchange rate is between the dollar and the Swedish crown. I'll wait until Christmas and get the Switch with Zelda, Mario and something else as well.

If I would have the money, I would probably buy it once more games come out. Breath of the Wild is perhaps one of the best Zelda Games of all time, but I have also yet to complete a Zelda game (DON'T JUDGE ME! I WAS TOO YOUNG AND TERRIBLE AT VIDEO GAMES TO COMPLETE OCARINA OF TIME AND NEVER GOT MY HANDS ON ANOTHER GAME!) and I honestly want more variety. Right now, I can't afford it anyways...

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score

Yeah I think I'm going to wait for project scorpio to come out, have $250 saved up for switch from GC's and such already so i'll just keep that and save the rest for the next xbox, already have Wii U and atleast you can stream netflix on it