The Legacy of Dax Hilltop - an NFL Story

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
PROLOGUE

1*E59U5GJeAfUi1P1JVH6iiA.jpeg

Dax Hilltop, an illustrious Jewish business mogul born in Texas who made his riches selling Coffee internationally all around the world would be announced as they new 100% owner of the Cincinnati Bengals. Hilltop would be quoted saying the following.

"I purchased the Bengals because it was clear that this franchise has some real potential, and that is why I am willing to invest my millions into helping turn this team into one that one day will be able to challenge for Super Bowl Championships. That is why I am putting forward a number of objectives, with the main one being that in the next five years I want the Bengals to be seen as a really contender. A team that other teams in the National Football League are going to to be worried about playing - I want head coaches to flinch when they hear they are playing us, in the same way teams gulp in fear when they realise they have a fixture against the Patriots or the Packers. That is what I want from the Bengals, whether the project carries on in Cincinnati or we have to relocate to another city in order to get results then so be it. I am putting my faith in Zach Taylor. Last year was his first as a Head Coach, and he went 2-14 - but I have faith in him especially with the drafting of Joe Burrows..."

3000.jpeg

Zac Taylor would front a number of key free agency signings, with four of them being brought in with the sole intention of protecting rookie QB Joe Burrow.

hi-res-c8f94c5f944108e4d2c4f07181e30946_crop_north.jpg

Cordy Glenn [LG] who would be re-signed by the Bengals, after having been released earlier in the year.

BBgElIc.img

Ronald Leary [RG] who had been released by the Denver Broncos during the 2019 post-season.

hi-res-e8f8fb4a107a5a1c625bdc45f1241853_crop_north.jpg

Ryan Kalil [C] who had been picked up after having been released by the New York Jets, after only one season after having coming out of retirement.

Jared-Veldheer.jpg

Jared Veldheer [RT] who had been released by the Packers and had proven to be quite the journeyman in his career.

onuliab3wc9t56b9ghfg

Former Atlanta Falcons Punter Matt Bosher, would also be signed by Taylor with it being made clear that Bosher had been brought in with the intention of giving the Bengals a strong punting option when then team was on the backfoot. Taylor would make it clear, that he had plans to utilise Bosher in far more strategic means than most coaches used their punters. The sixth and final signing by the Bengals, would generate the most media attention as it would be none other than Colin Kaepernick, with it being stated by Taylor that Colin had very much been signed by the franchise to take on the role as QB2 offering a utility option for rookie quarterback Joe Burrow.

colin-kaepernick-111719-getty-ftr_ed5bkhnjjmzv16jrneuf9tmul.jpg

The signings would result in two Tight Ends finding themselves being cut before the first preseason game was even played with Clark Harris and Mason Schreck, with Harris departing after having spending ten years with the franchise. What does the future hold for the Bengals?

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
[PLACEHOLDER]​

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
nflpreseasonlogo.png

Cincinnati Bengals would play four game in the preseason against the Chiefs, Vikings, Falcons and Colts with the games very much giving the a chance for all members of the squad to have an opportunity to impress Zac Taylor ahead of the regular season. The Bengals would maintain a perfect record going 4-0 in all of their preseason games with the following results:

Cincinnati Bengals 16 - 14 Kansas City Chiefs

Minnesota Vikings 21 - 24 Cincinnati Bengals

Cincinnati Bengals 24 - 21 Atlanta Falcons

Indianapolis Colts 21 - 31 Cincinnati Bengals

Bengals Assistant Head Coach Darrin Simmons would offer his thoughts following what was considered as a successful preseason for the Ohio outfit.

ueezabvkdznuzariz8kw.jpg

"I don't think there should be any confusion about how the preseason played out, wins and losses are very rarely a reflection of how the regular season is going to play out. The games against the Chiefs, Vikings and Falcons could easily have gone the either way and shouldn't be celebrated as being wins. Wins by close margins should one be enjoyed when it means the difference between achieving season targets or getting into the playoffs. Going 4-0 in the preseason means nothing, if we aren't able to elevate ourselves and improve ourselves from the 2-14 season we had last season. It is important for all our fans to remember that Zac is leading us in what is a multi year plan and we aren't looking for instant success. We are looking to create a strong approach and style, that will make this franchise into a consistent top team season in and season out. And I know this is something we will be able to achieve."

Colin Kaepernick would also put forward his thoughts ahead of his first season in the league after a three year absence from the sport.

shutterstock_editorial_10674845a.jpg

"I recognise that this franchise has given be an opportunity and I want to do everything in my power to show them how thankful. I know I am second string to Burrow, but If I work hard and dedicate myself to this franchise then all it takes is one off day or an unexpected injury and I will have my time to shine. If I put in the effort, perhaps it won't even be at this team but someone will realise that Colin Kaepernick is still a force to be reckoned with."

The Cincinnati Bengals would make it clear to the press that they were targeting a minimum of of seven wins for the season, but that finishing with a positive percentile at the end of season would be seen as a massive success.

Reactions: Chris