The Lana/Putin Angle

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Explain Putin stuff someone, da hell am I reading here lol?
WWE are playing on the increased tensions between Russia and the west by having Lana (who's character is Russian) dedicate all of Rusev's (in kayfabe living in Russia) matches to Vladimir Putin.

Basically very old school foreign heel tactics ala Volkoff.

Reactions: Testify

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
CJ Perry is definitely a sexy lady.
This angle is weird but meh not the worst thing WWE has done.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I think she looks rather hot in her business suits.

They make her look smart, confident, and powerful.....and they're really tight in the "important areas".

wk

Xray

Jobber
Reaction score
Alot of folks are more impressed with Putins leadership abilities than with the current crop of left wing amateurs in the USA, so I'm not sure the villain angle is going to draw much heat.
Yes, the anti-USA thing has been used ad nauseum for decades, I'm old enough to have seen matches with the original Sheik as a kid. Patriotism is always a tried and true method of raising emotions with crowds hell, thats why they play the national anthem before any sporting event. But this in unique, insofar as a hot babe with a convincing accent is being used to push the heat, so I give them props for slight innovation at least.
As far as Rusev goes, he is a big, tough looking guy but is being wasted against the likes of R Truth and his buddy whatever his name is, thats the part thats boring the crap out of me. Also, his finisher [just a ripoff of the original Shieks Camel Clutch] and used by many others since then, is lame.
A powerful guy like that should do something a bit more interesting than sitting on a guys back and bending his neck until he submits.