Kayfabe The Korean Sensation

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupaHeeroh

The man with the rear that makes the girls cheer!
Reaction score

*Minho’s music blasts through the Ignition arena for the first time. A security guard walks through the curtain and signals for Minho to come through. He struts through the curtain and stands atop the stage facing away from the audience. He is followed by another two security guards, all three men much taller than himself. They form a triangle formation around Minho, one on either side of him and one standing behind. Minho spins around to face the fans in attendance throwing his arms into the air as he does so. A single spotlight shines down; following him as he slowly makes his way to the ring. His security guards follow him, staying in formation. He enters the ring and asks for a microphone from ringside. He stands in the centre of the ring as his music stops and the lights return to normal. His three security guards stand against the ropes, making sure that no-one can rush the ring.*

Minho: Annyeonghaseyo! Ladies and gentlemen it feels good to be right here in Denver, Colorado!

*The cheap pop gets a reaction from the audience.*

Minho: For the longest time I tried to avoid this place. I thought that a man of my popularity would be swarmed, attacked, maybe even killed. But I was so wrong! For my adoring fans in the audience, thank you for coming out tonight to see me. Here I am! Bask me in! Finally, you have the pleasure of seeing me in person.

*The audience did not react kindly to that comment. Boos begin to build up. Minho looks confused.*

Minho: I don’t understand? Some people here tonight have been waiting years to see me! And now that I show up, you all boo?!

*Minho scans the front row. He sees mainly sweaty men wearing wrestling t-shirts. He throws his head up in realisation.*

Minho: Ahh! I see! You people aren’t exactly my target demographic. I guess I should inform you all why I am so important...

*Before Minho can continue more boos fill the arena.*

Minho: Hey, let me explain and then you’ll understand.

*Minho pulls a small notepad out of his pants.*

Minho: I’ve been writing memos to myself for an autobiography I’ll be bringing out soon. What better way to introduce myself than by giving you a sneak preview at the next best seller?

*Minho flicks open the first page.*

Minho: This is just a work in progress but let’s begin with chapter one... Minho: Man, Singer Extraordinaire... God, question mark.

*The security begins to readjust their suits, as if they’re expecting an uproar.*

Minho: I was born in the land of the rising sun, Japan. As a young boy my family travelled around a lot, at the age of five I moved to South Korea, and that is where the true story of stardom begins... Korea is an amazing place. My adopted home nation. I was in love. I trained from an early age to become a singer. Being a trainee is hard work. Hours each day practicing vocals, dance routines, charisma, charm... Luckily a lot of that came naturally for me. After years of training I debuted at the still young age of 17 as part of a group. That group as most of you should know, was MB22.

*Minho smiles as he continues to read.*

Minho: Being the maknae was perfect for me at the time. I had the cute lines in songs, the best parts of the dance routines and all the attention from the girls. It was a life I loved... For a while. The rest of the group got greedy. I wanted to tour the world, make more music and become global stars. They wanted to stay at home, perform the same songs over and over to our fan base and watch the money flow. I wanted more and that’s why I left. I became a solo act, I created my own music and became the global star I knew I could be, whilst they crumbled without me. I won award after award where it got to the point where I didn’t need it anymore. I needed a new challenge...

*Minho closes the book.*

Minho: Like I said, that’s just a rough draft but I’m sure you can understand the concept... The new challenge I found was here. Wrestling... It’s something I’ve always liked, something I always admired, it just wasn’t until I had everything I ever wanted that I realised I could pursue it. I’ve trained with the best of the best in South Korea and Japan. Now, I know I’m not the best. I haven’t been doing this for too long, but being the best doesn’t mean you need to actually BE the best. It’s a mixture of what you can do in the ring and what entertainment value you can show an audience... I was born an entertainer, I was trained as an entertainer, I lived as an entertainer, and now that I’m here... I’m still an entertainer. What I lack in the ring I can make up for by just being me.

*One of the security guards walks up to Minho and whispers in his ear.*

Minho: No! You don’t tell me when it’s time to leave; I leave when I want to leave! I still have more to say.

*The security guard steps back to the ropes.*

Minho: Tonight, I take on another debuting face. A man by the name of Pedro Calcote. He calls himself War and he wants to “avenge” his fallen family... Does this guy think this is some sort of superhero film? He loses his family; he gives himself a new name and wants to take down the evil in the world. Urgh... Please... As far as backstories go, at least make it original...

*Minho looks around the ring and at the three security guards who are still standing at the ropes.*

Minho: You see these three men? They are here for my protection. They will stay by my side until I feel comfortable enough without them. I pay them to protect me and that’s exactly what they do. A star of my status needs the protection that they can offer me. I hope you all now understand why I am the newest and most valuable asset to this company... I’m going to leave now, but when you see me later tonight you’ll see just what I’m capable of in this ring. Pedro, friend... I hope you’re ready for The Korean Sensation... Minho...

*With that Minho’s music plays again. His security guards are first to leave the ring, with him following behind. As Minho begins walking back up the ramp, the three reform their triangle formation around him. They all head backstage to prepare for Minho’s match later that night.*

Status
Not open for further replies.