The knockouts have come a long way.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

dstebbins

Reaction score
Prior to Bound for Glory, a lot of people didn't really pay attention to the five-woman match where the winner got the #10 spot in the gantlet, because they didn't care about women's wrestling. In just a few months, the Women's title went from possible mistake of the year to stealing the show at Final Resolution, in about a quarter of a year!:eek:

Discuss.

Enigma22

Reaction score
personally i still dont really care about them... i like looking at them but i dont really care about the division lol...

PeepShow

Enigma, I like how you come into the TNA section about 85% of the time and say the opposite of what most of the people think. If you don't agree, don't post.

I've got to admit though, before BFG, when I heard the rumblings about the womens division, I was seriously having sick feelings when i heard that. I just hated the idea, but since they have shown us and proven us wrong obviously about their skills, I've basically done a complete 180 on my thoughts. Pretty good stuff week in and week out tbh from them. Hell, some of the matches they put on for iMPACT are better than some of the mens matches. The Kong/Kim match at Final Resolution was the best match on the card, and if that doesn't say something about their division, then nothing will. (Go ahead and say it Kaedon...."Or maybe it's just that everything else sucks)

:laugh:

Enigma22

Reaction score
lol whats the point of a discussion if everyone agrees?

id much rather see a male wrestling match instead of the knockouts or any divas wrestle... they just arent as interesting imo... the gail kim vs awesome kong match was good for a knockouts match but i still dont enjoy them as much as a normal wrestling match... plus they dont spend as much time on the feuds and it lacks a good story line in most womens matches...

PeepShow

^LOL, comparing a mens match to a womens match is like comparing The WWE to present day TNA in terms of business. Wow...

Anyways, it's pretty obvious that you don't watch iMPACT, b/c they gave the Kim/Kong storyline just as much time as any regular storyline. That is another reason as to why the feud and their matches were so great.

Enigma22

Reaction score
they didnt give it that much tv time... and i dont really care about it... i really dont like awesome kong first of all... also i m not a big fan of gail kim but shes ok... they are both good wrestlers for chicks but i dont want to see a 250 lbs fat black chick... lol... i dont mind that they have a womens division... its probably good that they do but i still dont care much about it... i dont care about the wwe divas matches either so its not just tna...

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
The knockouts got a lot of better they are atcually watchable unlike the wwe divas
So true.

I think they should capitalize on the Knockouts even further, maybe by adding a Knockouts Tag Team Championship. Or perhaps have a Mixed Tag Team Championship.

And, for the entirety of North American professional wrestling, I LOVE what TNA has done for female wrestlers. WWE's monopoly on North America gave female wrestlers the stereotype of going out in underwear, with more silicon than Microsoft's HQ, and basically acting like sluts. TNA has given female wrestlers the credibility they deserve. VOODOO SLAM!!

chessarmy

^ As much as I do like looking at them in underwear, I gotta agree with you there :)

I love what TNA has done with their Knockouts division. I'll even admit, I was skeptical about the idea at first, but as the monthes went by the matches put on by these women have continued to impress me to the point that it has made womens wrestling more interesting for me and I actually care about womens wrestling for the first time in a while (I would say since the Trish/Lita fued). It is definately one of TNA's successes, and I just hope it continues to get better

Mugen

Reaction score
In just a few months, the Women's title went from possible mistake of the year to stealing the show at Final Resolution, in about a quarter of a year!:eek:
I completely agree.

I was really against the women's title at first, but I was really wrong. It has proven to be a hell of a lot better.

Kudos to TNA.

Reaction score
The Knockout matches are first rate. It proves you can market unattractive women and make the matches interesting. Conversely, gorgeous women can be used for something other than Jerry Lawler's bizarre amusement.

The Kim/Kong matches were great and told an even better story. ODB/Kong looks really great on paper and I look forward to seeing them tear down the house. Imagine a world where a women's match doesn't mean a trip to toilet anymore.

Barurot

Reaction score
I do agree, the knockouts are holding their own and do put out good matches... I just hope they continue that way and don't fizzle out...