WWE PPV The King's Choice: Night of Champions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
In this column I will be reviewing Night of Champions.

So the night begins with an intro video hyping up the main matches on the card and mostly the WWE Title bout. The show begins with a (rare) pyro intro and the classic crowd flash camera made a return much to my approval. After some talk about the card, Night of Champions was kicked off by Gold & Stardust vs The Uso's for the Tag Team titles. The match was centered on the vicious run of the Rhodes' brothers since turning heel 3 weeks ago. The match was fast paced and had a lot of miss falls, and the chain sequences were just great especially for someone at Goldust's age, to be senton's is a hell of a feat. The match ended when Stardust rolled up one of the Uso's to get the pinfall to a large pop ending The Uso's near 7 month Tag title reign, since winning it back in March.

The next match on the card is Sheamus vs Cesaro, heading into this I was hoping Cesaro wouldn't win because that would just lower his status. I know at the end of the day something big is looming for Cesaro, and his recent slump is just a sign of something to come. The match started off as a pure mat wrestling type of match. A lot of grapple's and holds were in place before they started to brawl and bust out the highlight reel stuff in great fashion. The match ended with a Brogue Kick to Cesaro giving Sheamus the victory and in my view just lifted the status of the US title. Cesaro afterwards sold the kick in great fashion by acting as if he didn't know where he was.

The Miz vs Dolph Ziggler was next up, I didn't get to watch this match but one thing I know is that Miz beating Ziggler is a horrible move. #LetsGoZiggler

With news of Roman Reigns needing emergency surgery just a day before the event put Seth Rollins' place on the card in question, but as many guessed. Dean Ambrose did return to answer an open challenge laid out by Seth Rollins. It ended with Ambrose getting pulled away by security but in entertaining fashion.

Next up was Mark Henry vs Rusev in a match that couldn't even cut it on Superstars. Slow paced, and anti-climatic. The only entertaining part of this debacle was Lana making a rape face in the middle of it. Rusev won in an anti-climatic way with the Accolade Camel Clutch. Oh yeah, Henry was crying when Lilian Garcia was singing the American anthem before the match. Another side note, earlier in the night Big Show gave Henry a red, white, blue and black singlet. So kewl.

The semi-main event of the evening was a poorly built match that was highlighted with a backstage attack 2-3 weeks beforehand as the build to the match. The match was slow paced and ended with an RKO from Orton to Jericho. Forgettable.

Then, for some reason as WWE has been doing for a while now. The diva's took center stage only a match away from the Main event. Something surprised me though, Nikki Bella has got A LOT better since the last time she was in the ring. The match ended with AJ performing a black widow on Paige to get the tap out victory and to become the new Divas champion. No Brie Bella interference, as well.

Finally, Brock Lesnar vs John Cena for the WWE Championship in a rematch from Summer Slam. The match began in a flurry of blows from both men before John Cena performed an A.A on Lesnar seconds into the match but Lesnar kicked out...at 1. The match was much like the last one but with swings of the dominator. John Cena hit 4 A.A's before Seth Rollins attacked Cena and causing a DQ victory for Cena but Lesnar retaining. Rollins cashed in after hitting a Blackout curb stomp on Lesnar. Before the bell could ring Cena attacked Rollins spoiling his cash in and leaving a question as to what's next?

Overall Rating: 4/10
Suggestion: Watch it when you're sick and have A LOT of time or when you're having so much fun that even this won't bore you.

Last edited by a moderator:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Really think this PPV is much better than you're giving it credit for. The opening match was pretty good and Cesaro/Sheamus was a damn good match. Minus the terrible announcers shit Miz/Dolph was actually a decent match. Jericho/Orton wasn't anything to remember but it was alright. The Ambrose/Seth segment was great instead of Seth doing some random ass match or something. I don't think it was a great PPV but I think it certainly more than a 4/10

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
How was Henry/Rusev not even cut out for Superstars? Crowd was into it, they told a story (Henry's back) and it propelled a young guy into getting even more established.

Oh and not allowed to post links.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
4/10 is a bit of a stretch. Miz/Ziggler was probably the worst match but that wasn't even bad.

Usos/Dusts was a great opener. Sheamus/Cesaro was damn good. Divas triple threat was fine. I actually really enjoyed Orton/Jericho and the main event was enjoyable despite the anticlimactic finish.

All in all I think it was a 7.5/10

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Because I thought the show was bad, and the Henry and Rusev match was shitty means I'm a troll?

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Because 4/10 is something that always gets brought up due to Bret Hart. Was a running gag around here for the better part of a year, and overstayed its welcome then.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
The first two matches alone give it 5/10.