The Jim Cornette Appreciation and/or Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Ya did name this appreciation/discussion Swamps...if you want it to be more echo-y like the others then edit the title :lol

Reactions: RLStern

RLStern

Refuter of Revisionist History
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Brian Gewirtz wrote all The Rock's stuff, and most of Stone Cold's success was all from himself. Russo was fine with a filter above him. He could never be the main guy in the writing room. He may have been a head writer, but he answered to Vince McMahon.

Brian Gewritz came in the WWF to write Rock promos right before Russo left in late 1999.

By late 1999 The Rock had been the top draw in professional wrestling for about a year and Russo already established his character for the last 2 and a half years, Rock had his catchphrases established too.

So the idea that Gewirtz wrote all the Rock stuff goes out the window, how you came up with that I don’t know.

As far as Austin, Austin didn’t succeed and was a typical southern heel until Russo became head writer and did the double turn at Wrestlemania 13 before this Austin didn’t draw.

As far as the Russo filter myth thats false, it was reported in 1999 that Vince McMahon would accept Russo scripts without even looking, and as a filter McMahon sucks and makes stuff worse, as evident pre and post Russo with stuff like mantaur, Katie Vick, Mae Young’s hand.

But I’m glad you brought the McMahon Filter myth up, so can post the busting of this myth:

Know what you’re talking about before you engage in a debate with me, because I’m going to come with facts and only facts.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw

Whenever you put new in front of something you know it's going to be bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carter and Swamps

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Ya did name this appreciation/discussion Swamps...if you want it to be more echo-y like the others then edit the title :lol

M76.gif

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think Mr. Stern does have topics about these various writers already if you guys could move this over to those though

Let Swamps enjoy his Cornette videos in peace

Reactions: RLStern

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Let me guess you are getting all your information from Shitstain?

Calling Vince Russo Shitstain is not gonna win you the debate nor refute the facts laid out, which you completely ducked.

Whats next are you gonna call me a yankee because I’m from New York? Like that’s some insult.

And yes Gewirtz was trained by Russo, and was in the company right before he left in late 1999.

The Rock had been the top draw since November of 1998 when he was getting bigger ratings than Austin segments. The Rock and The Rock Character were established a full year before Gewritz was even in the company.

Cornettes writing is just as horrible and mindnumbingly insulting as AEW is, so for him to shit on them when he did the same, is hypocritical.

The writer to listen to that shits on AEW is Russo, he’s been successful in every single tenure and is the most successful writer in wrestling history.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Someone's a Brand member.....

:out

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Someone's a Brand member.....

bj-penn-gif-not-bad-GIF.gif

Yep, Russo has the most entertaining podcast, he only brings facts to the table while entertainingly refuting falsehoods from fanatical so called smark marks and fake news dirtsheets that have zero sources(or in Meltzer’s case Cornette as a source lol)

Castrating the Marks is by the far the best podcast show on the net.

TOP GUY TIME

Goodbye!
Reaction score
Calling Vince Russo Shitstain is not gonna win you the debate nor refute the facts laid out, which you completely ducked.

Whats next are you gonna call me a yankee because I’m from New York? Like that’s some insult.

And yes Gewirtz was trained by Russo, and was in the company right before he left in late 1999.

The Rock had been the top draw since November of 1998 when he was getting bigger ratings than Austin segments. The Rock and The Rock Character were established a full year before Gewritz was even in the company.

Cornettes writing is just as horrible and mindnumbingly insulting as AEW is, so for him to shit on them when he did the same, is hypocritical.

The writer to listen to that shits on AEW is Russo, he’s been successful in every single tenure and is the most successful writer in wrestling history.

Not sure the Brawl For All was successful. It all stands on your own viewpoint. I don't enjoy rewatching the Attitude Era because Crash TV isn't my style of wrestling.

Reactions: DammitC

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Entertaining podcast?

Nah.....power talking over people and having an annoying voice mixed with constant Bros isn't my cup of tea.

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Not sure the Brawl For All was successful. It all stands on your own viewpoint. I don't enjoy rewatching the Attitude Era because Crash TV isn't my style of wrestling.

Nah the brawl for all wasn’t successful and was never meant to be, it existed for the sole purpose of getting JBL knocked out.

Crash TV isn’t your style because your apart of a niche fanatical taste of wrestling, a taste that hardly anyone has.

Whereas pretty much everyone loved the crash tv style/Attitude era, mainstream audiences loved it, 13 million shares between WWF & WCW loved it and many millions more who recently discovered it on the Internet.

TOP GUY TIME

Goodbye!
Reaction score
Nah the brawl for all wasn’t successful and was never meant to be, it existed for the sole purpose of getting JBL knocked out.

Crash TV isn’t your style because your apart of a niche fanatical taste of wrestling, a taste that hardly anyone has.

Whereas pretty much everyone loved the crash tv style/Attitude era, mainstream audiences loved it, 13 million shares between WWF & WCW loved it and many millions more who recently discovered it on the Internet.

I don't know why you gotta sound like a jerk, but I don't like the Crash TV Style because it doesn't appeal to me. I don't like the Crash TV because I'm not into edgy stuff.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
You're all brainwashed if you don't like crash TV. .....

Now listen to me spew the same narrative of everyone who follows Vince Russo :side:

Reactions: DammitC

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
So... Jim Cornette. Let's talk about him in here.

If you catch what I'm not so subtly threatening.

Reactions: TOP GUY TIME

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
So... Jim Cornette. Let's talk about him in here.

If you catch what I'm not so subtly threatening.

Indeed, back to Jim Cornette one of the worst writers in wrestling history.

Thoughts on Mantaur a character written under Cornette:

mantas.jpg