The Jim Cornette Appreciation and/or Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Maybe, I don't know. I don't have any numbers to prove or dispute that.
Cornette has a top 10 trending podcast in the sports section, not the wrestling one with both his shows.

Atleast that's what I always see when I'm scrolling them shits.

Reactions: Swamps

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Only people who care anything about them are either non casuals, or old people(in Jim’s case only probably)

Well, I'm old so I fall into that category. I remember watching the PPVs of the NWA with the Midnight Express. One of my favorite times for tag team wrestling (even WWE had a good tag division then) and he was always an entertaining part of it. Now, I like listening to his podcast, even when he insults people like me, hahaha .

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Kenny does rule but yeah it's weird and unnecessary to bring up years later, let alone to someone who will never change their mind anyways. Waste of time

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
:mj The awards from Dave’s magazine are fan voted by readers. So Dave ain’t give to no one
tbf... if the Awards from Meltzer's magazine are voted for by it's readers (probably not just a few of them being Dave boys), it's pretty much as if Meltzer himself gives them out. So I dunno if he really should try to boast about it THAT much. :lol

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
tbf... if the Awards from Meltzer's magazine are voted for by it's readers (probably not just a few of them being Dave boys), it's pretty much as if Meltzer himself gives them out. So I dunno if he really should try to boast about it THAT much. :lol
See, to me giving out awards, is what happens at like Academy Awards. Ones that aren't fan voted. But as I said, it's still all opinion based. Just because some people voted him the best wrestler, doesn't mean he is the best wrestler. But it's not like Dave makes all the picks himself. That's what I mean by he doesn't give them out himself.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
tbf kenny won PWI as well which had 0 to do with meltz too :cozy . But as I said, if people refuse to acknowledge Kenny's greatness at this point they never will

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
tbf kenny won PWI as well which had 0 to do with meltz too :cozy . But as I said, if people refuse to acknowledge Kenny's greatness at this point they never will
I thought PWI was kayfabe sort of? Not exactly sure I’d use that.

GARBAGE

Reaction score
I think Kenny Omega is massively overrated in basically every way but at this point I reckon Jim Cornette brought more attention to him wrestling a 9 year old girl, and the blow up doll and all that, than any other person has ever, which kind of misses the point of it exposing wrestling. Meltzer is a strange man to me in general but I've never seen him act this straight up weird about someone the way he does Omega. Maybe he's always been this petty but there was never enough major industry push back on Ric Flair or Kenta Kobashi so we never saw it. It's sad these two aren't tight any more (though, despite what people think, it wasn't just about "differing opinions") but they should probably just stop referencing each other, especially just over one other guy.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
kenny-omega-smirk.gif

Reactions: DammitC

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
I think Kenny Omega is massively overrated in basically every way but at this point I reckon Jim Cornette brought more attention to him wrestling a 9 year old girl, and the blow up doll and all that, than any other person has ever, which kind of misses the point of it exposing wrestling. Meltzer is a strange man to me in general but I've never seen him act this straight up weird about someone the way he does Omega. Maybe he's always been this petty but there was never enough major industry push back on Ric Flair or Kenta Kobashi so we never saw it. It's sad these two aren't tight any more (though, despite what people think, it wasn't just about "differing opinions") but they should probably just stop referencing each other, especially just over one other guy.

The main difference between Flair/Kobashi and Omega is that they treated wrestling as a sport and not some comic con bullshit. Watch Flair's promos from the 1980s. Hell watch his promo after the 1992 Royal Rumble.

GARBAGE

Reaction score
The main difference between Flair/Kobashi and Omega is that they treated wrestling as a sport and not some comic con bullshit. Watch Flair's promos from the 1980s. Hell watch his promo after the 1992 Royal Rumble.
I'm a fan of Flair (....a..a....as a wrestler) and Kobashi, and not usually one of Omega, but what I wonder is why Meltzer is so defensive of him in particular when he never seemed to be of those two (both guys he was a MASSSSIVE fan of). Again maybe it's just Kobashi, Flair, etc didn't have the pushback Omega does.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Major props to the guy who made this for using a Big L beat.

• Love

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler