The Intercontinental Championship situation

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Great One

I don't know what the WWE is planning to do with any of those 3 guys, but I think Kennedy is above the IC title... Carlito is stuck in between, like I said I don't know wtf the WWE is doing with them (especially Carlito), although I'd like to THINK he's above it as well. I like the idea of some new people coming in to the picutre like Kofi Kingston and maybe Finlay jumps to RAW, someone from ECW to RAW (CM Punk or Burke) to get involved in it too... it just needs a major mix up after Jeff Hardy wins it (look for Matt Hardy to win the US title around the same time as well...).

MikeRaw

Well I have two points...First to Choose slack,Kennedy has built himself up and as face and heel he gets MASSIVE reactions....Hes been around for 2 years so why not?
And second od all,I wouldnt mind Kennedy as IC champion now....Back years ago that used to be a great belt and there were many Main Eventers like Bret Hart,Owen Hart,SCSA,The Rock,HHH all won the belt when they were at Kennedy's level as well....If we can get Jeff to win it and stay as a solid mid carder or even Umaga retaining and staying a high maincarder would be ok if it is followed by reigns from guys like Kennedy,Carlito,Lashley...That way its not just losers winning the belt and is a meaningful belt where even a top guy,main eventer can win it as well as mid carders...

Switchy

Reaction score
Hardy vs Carltio would be a great feud but it looks like Carlito is getting pushed to the ME/Upper card if he continues his feud with Lashley.

Kennedy would be an alright choice as he isn't getting anywhere in the main event scene at the moment.

Leave Shelton with Haas because they are a decent team and I reckon they could have a taste of gold soon.

LKP

I think jeff should beat umaga then feud with kennedy and carlito and supercrazy. Lose it to kennedy at no mercy and have kennedy champion until the rumble where carlito wins it and puts it on the line at wm24 in a mitb match.

hbk4894

Reaction score
jeff will beat umaga at summerslam and after that he can feud with regal or kennedy or booker

Choose Slack

Reaction score
I don't know what the WWE is planning to do with any of those 3 guys, but I think Kennedy is above the IC title

I really, honestly don't see Kennedy getting a World Title reign, let alone a shot this year that will be taken seriously (see Batista vs Kennedy from Rumble). Maybe something on that line, but it's going to be Cena-Orton-Trips-Cena all the way up to Mania next year.

Hardy vs Carltio would be a great feud but it looks like Carlito is getting pushed to the ME/Upper card if he continues his feud with Lashley.

If anything, that's a DEPUSH for Lashley, not a push for Carlito.

I think jeff should beat umaga then feud with kennedy and carlito and supercrazy. Lose it to kennedy at no mercy and have kennedy champion until the rumble where carlito wins it and puts it on the line at wm24 in a mitb match.

Supercrazy's not going anywhere above JTTS. His win over Kennedy was a fluke, not a push.

Jeff vs Kennedy would be great. Throw Regal in there somehow and it would be really interesting.

CenaMark54

The intercontinental title is a joke now.

Orton had the last great IC title reign and it has meant nothing since he dropped it in 2004. Someone like Kennedy needs to step up and have a nice long reign with the belt where he will do anything to retain it. Maybe that will bring meaning back to it.

Soulpower

^^^John Morrison begs to differ. The former Nitro had a good run with the title and when he was feuding with Jeff Hardy, it seemed the IC title was on its way to regaining some of that lost luster.

I do agree with the Kennedy part. Maybe have Jeff beat Umaga for the title, and then let him feud with Kennedy, Throw in guys like Booker, Regal, Carlito, maybe even Lashley and all of a sudden you find yourself with a pretty good group of guys to challenge for the IC title.

Supermac

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure, that Jeff Hardy will win the IC championship. He just can't lose to Umaga again, 'cause he's so over.

After that... Hardy vs. Kennedy? That's sounds very good. Long reign to Hardy, and after that, Jeff can move slowly to the main event picture. :smilie_gruenweiss:

straight_edge76

RAW has a great Mid card Scene with Umaga, Jeff, Kennedy. Benjamin, Haas (If Given The Shot), Regal, Carlito and possibly Lashley once they figure out he isn't ME ready yet. At about the Royal Rumble I can see a three way IC title feud between Hardy (C)/ Kennedy and either Umaga or Benjamin. With Haas, Carlito, Regal and Lashley also showing their stuff.

CenaMark54

RAW has a great Mid card Scene with Umaga, Jeff, Kennedy. Benjamin, Haas (If Given The Shot), Regal, Carlito and possibly Lashley once they figure out he isn't ME ready yet. At about the Royal Rumble I can see a three way IC title feud between Hardy (C)/ Kennedy and either Umaga or Benjamin. With Haas, Carlito, Regal and Lashley also showing their stuff.

They have the quality to have a great midcard scene. However, they aren't utilizing any of the guys you mentioned well with the exception if Umaga and Hardy.

The midcard, booking wise, is basically a joke right now. Just think, they were going to use the IC champion in a feud with the Jackass guys at Summerslam...and he was booked to lose for christ sake.

Hopefully Kennedy will challenge for the IC belt soon.

straight_edge76

^^ yea that is true currently SmackDown's Mid Card Scene kicks ass with MVP, Hardy, Finley, Flair and Masters but RAW has more Mid-Card talent

Ed_cena

Reaction score
I agree with supermac, jeff hardy cant lose to umaga again, and the kennedy vs hardy feud will be pretty good, i can imagine a ladder match.