The Hogan Effect

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

rant

p a r t t i m e r
Reaction score

IMG_1757.jpeg

HULK HOGAN JOINS TNA WRESTLING
October 27, 2009
Legendary Wrestler and Pop Culture Icon Returns To The Ring With Fast-Rising Wrestling Organization

“Hulkamania” is back! The biggest name in professional wrestling history, Hulk Hogan, is joining Total Non-Stop Action Wrestling (TNA), the fastest rising wrestling organization in the world and home to one of cable television’s highest rated shows for young men, TNA iMPACT! The announcement was made by TNA Wrestling in conjunction with Spike TV at a press conference held in New York City.

“Hulk Hogan is one of the world’s top pop culture icons and the biggest superstar in the history of professional wrestling. We are truly excited to welcome him into the TNA family,” said Dixie Carter, President of TNA Wrestling. “Our goal is to become the world’s biggest professional wrestling company. Hulk defines professional wrestling and we look forward to partnering with him in a variety of ways as we continue to grow TNA globally.”

“I’m thrilled to be jumping back into the world of professional wrestling,” said Hogan. “My fans have been asking me to return to the business for many years on a full time basis, but the timing or the opportunity has never been right until now. TNA Wrestling is a great company with an already excellent fan base, business and broadcast partner. I firmly believe now is the time for some change at TNA as they are positioned to jump to the next level in their development and I’m here to work with Dixie to help make that a reality.”

Through Hogan’s partnership with Bischoff Hervey Entertainment Television, the deal with TNA was negotiated by longtime Hogan colleague Eric Bischoff. Additionally, BHE TV has inked a first-look deal with TNA and will be working with the organization to develop new programming extensions of the TNA brand.

“Hulk Hogan adds yet another level of star power that positions TNA iMPACT as Spike TV’s version of ‘Must-See TV’ on Thursday nights,” said Kevin Kay, president of Spike.

Well, here it is. This is the first of…3(?) teasers that I’ll post leading up to my first show that will go up Saturday, though I may get impatient and just do the other teasers all at once. Those who know me know this is one of 2 threads that I’ve always wanted to do. Recently got switched back to night shift at work and now, have time to write and BTB while the wife sleeps lol. Looking at the graphics I have made for this and a few were made in 2020, so this has been a long time coming.

This was posted on my phone so hopefully the spacing and shit isn’t too off, I’ll fix it when I get to my computer if necessary.

Last edited:

Stojy

Reaction score
Have wanted you to post this for so long. Pumped that it's finally here. Not only is it a time period with potential that I've never seen booked well, but it's also good to have you back. You're good at this shit so stick with this ffs.

As per our discussions, bring in and push Val Venis. Good luck, mang.

Gambit

Reaction score
I'll be tuned in to see what you do with this era of TNA. Hopefully no scared Abyss getting a Hall of Fame ring, brother.

Reactions: rant

Mach

Reaction score
The roster at this time in TNA was completely stacked so here’s hoping that you bring in The Nasty Boys and Ed Leslie to be the real stars brother.

Good luck I look forward to reading.

The ScapeDubb

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
I had already checked out on TNA and wrestling in general by then but I love me some Hogan shenanigans and I love rant so I'm here for this.

rant

p a r t t i m e r
Reaction score
1715825216414.jpeg

November 5, 2009

This past Monday the wrestling world was rocked by the announcement that WWE’s relaunched version of ECW will be ending with the December 8th edition of the program this December. As announced on RAW by ECW General Manager Tiffany, for the weeks leading up to the TLC pay per view, a round robin tournament will be held featuring former ECW champions with the winner going on to TLC where they will face ECW Champion Christian in the final ECW match ever with the winner having the distinction of being the final ECW Champion.

For the remaining three Tuesdays of the year, WWE will air a three two hour ECW specials. On Tuesday December 15th a “edited” version of the 2005 edition of ECW One Night Stand will air, then the following week, December 22, a “edited” version of ECW One Night Stand 2006 willl air. Ending off the year, on Tuesday December 29, a two hour “best of ECW” will air featuring matches from the WWE era of ECW and interviews with the superstars that made it the spectacle that it was.

With every door that closes, another opens, and with the ending of ECW, WWE will be launching NXT. Starting the first Tuesday of the new year, January 5, the hour long program will be presented as a hybrid between WWE's scripted live event shows and reality television, in which talent from WWE's developmental territory Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW) will participate in a competition to become WWE's next "breakout star", with each of the hopefuls being paired with a mentors from WWE's Raw or SmackDown brands.

With WWE’s third brand ECW ending, the roster will seemingly be split between the two remaining shows. Add to that the “rookies” that will be joining the ranks on NXT, the roster begins to swell.

Early this morning, WWE put out a press release stating that it was parting ways with several superstars and personnel from the company. WWE wished every one of the following the best of luck in their future endeavours in that press release:

Caylen Croft
Charlie Haas
Chris Masters
Dolph Ziggler
Eric Escobar
Jillian Hall
Katie Lea Burchill
Kung Fu Naki
Maria
Paul Burchill
Scott Armstrong
Slam Master J
Trent Barreta
Tyler Reks
Vance Archer
Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder

Thank you everyone for the responses to the first post, which really wasn’t anything other than saying I was back. First show is still set to be released Saturday, and then I’ll be dropping some reviews and getting back into the swing of things. Reviews may come before the show, who knows, see how much tweaking on my first show my OCD makes me do lol.

This post, should be the only time WWE is mentioned in the thread (outside of, the next post or you know, maybe hogan throwing some shots at WWE and saying TNA is the destination BROTHER) and moved up the end of ECW, and some releases, by a month…for reasons….threw in some of the people actually released, along with some curve balls, just to throw off the scent of who may or may not be making appearances later in the thread…no not EVERYONE is coming to TNA, because then how would I bring in The Nasty Boys and Bubba The Love Sponge?​

Last edited:

rant

p a r t t i m e r
Reaction score
1715948839202.jpeg

HULKAMANIA IS COMING BACK TO MONDAY NIGHT ON “TNA iMPACT!” LIVE JANUARY 4 ON SPIKE TV
December 6, 2009
Hulk Hogan’s First Live Appearance On Spike TV’s “TNA iMPACT” Will Be In A Special 3-Hour Live Episode Monday, January 4 At 8:00 PM ET/PT

The biggest name in professional wrestling history, Hulk Hogan, will make his first live appearance on Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling’s “TNA iMPACT!” in a live 3-hour special on Spike TV Monday, January 4, 2010 at 8:00PM ET/PT. Hogan and TNA President Dixie Carter attended “The Ultimate Fighter Heavyweights” Finale in Las Vegas where Hogan made the announcement in an interview with Joe Rogan.

“TNA iMPACT!” will be going against “WWE Monday Raw” on USA Network, the first time two wrestling companies have broadcast live head-to-head since the “Monday Night Wars” in the late 1990’s between WWE and WCW. This “iMPACT!” special will broadcast live from the TNA iMPACT! Zone at Universal Studios in Orlando, Fl.

Hogan’s first appearance inside the six-sided ring of TNA Wrestling will follow weeks of speculation after Hogan and Carter announced their partnership on October 27 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Hogan has hinted in various media interviews that he’ll have multiple surprises in store for TNA Wrestling fans.

“I knew when I signed with TNA, that it would be important to make a statement with the first episode. Going head-to-head on January 4th, makes the statement loud and clear: Game on!” Hogan said.

“TNA is kicking off 2010 in the biggest way possible with the biggest name in the history of our sport. Hulk Hogan is a pop culture icon, and his arrival will change not only TNA, but the entire professional wrestling landscape. We’re firing that first shot,” Carter said.

Joining Hogan for the three-hour live “iMPACT!” will be TNA World Heavyweight Champion “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles, Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle, Mick Foley, Kevin Nash, “The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe, “The Boss” Bobby Lashley and “The Blueprint” Matt Morgan.

“TNA iMPACT!” will resume its normal timeslot on Thursday, January 7th at 9:00 PM ET/PT with an encore viewing of the live “iMPACT!” special.​

rant

p a r t t i m e r
Reaction score
1716066175637.jpeg

CHAMPIONS

TNA World Champion AJ Styles
Global Champion Eric Young
Tag Team Champions The British Invasion
X-Division Champion Amazing Red
Knockouts Champion Tara
Knockouts Tag Team Champions Taylor Wilde and Sarita

SINGLES COMPETITORS

Abyss
AJ Styles
Amazing Red
Bobby Lashley
Christopher Daniels
D’Angelo Dinero
Desmond Wolfe
Dr. Stevie
Frankie Kazarian
Eric Young
Hernandez
Homicide
Jeff Jarrett {Status Unknown}
Jesse Neal
Kevin Nash
Kurt Angle
Matt Morgan
Raven
Rhino
Robert Roode
Samoa Joe
Sharkboy
Sting
Suicide
Tomko {Injured}

KNOCKOUTS DIVISION

Awesome Kong
Daffney
Hamada
Lacey Von Erich
Madison Rayne
ODB
Sarita
Tara
Taylor Wilde
Velvet Sky

TAG TEAM DIVISION

Beer Money Inc. {James Storm and Robert Roode}
British Invasion {Doug Williams, Magnus and Rob Terry}
Lethal Consequences {Consequences Creed and Jay Lethal}
Team 3D {Brother Devon and Brother Ray}
The Motor City Machine Guns {Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin}

The Beautiful People {Lacey Von Erich, Velvet Sky and Madison Rayne}

ON-AIR PERSONALITIES

Hulk Hogan
Mick Foley {Shareholder}

Mike Tenay {Commentary}
Taz {Commentary}

SoCal Val {Ring Announcer}
Christy Hemme {Backstage Interviewer}
Jeremy Borash {Backstage Interviewer}

Starting roster for anyone interested, there will probably be a day delay on the first show, nothing serious, just found myself out of town for the weekend with family after my younger cousin decided to get a pretty serious injury playing flag football(yes, that’s the “safe” version of football lol. So figured I’d post this to at least get something up today when the show was supposed to go up. Hope everyone’s doing good, I’m pumped to get rolling with this!

Last edited: