The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Watched it Friday Night, and Elijah Wood was only in one scene. It's told via flashback, like Prime said. I enjoyed the movie a lot, the last hour or so was real good. Definitely worth watching and a must-see if you're a Lord of the Rings fan.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I am still curious as what the Del Toro version of this would've been. I was actually keen on seeing if he was going to not use CGI and keep it old school with his version. Would've loved to see that :(

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
I've heard the "casual' fans are whining about the movie being too long.

If you're a real fan of something, there is no such thing.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I've heard the "casual' fans are whining about the movie being too long.

If you're a real fan of something, there is no such thing.

I've heard that gripe. It is almost 3 hours, so it's understandable, but I didn't feel that way at all as I was watching it. The first hour or so was definitely slow, but they had to set everything up for the rest of the movie, so I didn't mind.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
A movie fan with taste doesnt mind the length of a movie. If I'm paying upwards of $9 just to get into the theater, it can last 5 or 6 hours for all I care. People that are whining about it being too long are the type of people that wait in line for cinematic shitpieces like Meet the Spartans and GI Joe

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I haven't seen it, but knowing now that it is almost 3 hours long is really a reason for me not to see. I'm not a fan of the series, really anyways, but I was thinking about seeing it for the hell of it anyways. I only pay 2 dollars for movies anyways, so the length of it doesn't really bother me at all.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Seen it, and boy is the first hour and a half BORING. It is all exposition like I thought it ws going to be, but jesus, I knew all about the goddamn Shire, I know that Hobbits don't like adventure, I don't need to be told this again, you could've cut this movie in half, without making me feel like I am watching Fellowship again but Martin Freeman playing the part of Frodo. It was almost the same kind of shit.

Movie got better towards the end, but I felt like it was a chore staying through this. Call me disappointed.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I definitely felt the first hour or so was slow, but I wasn't bored at all during it. I do feel they could have cut some of it out, and a few of the people I was with said basically the same thing Deezy said.

I really enjoyed the Gollum/Bilbo stuff, that was probably my favorite part of the movie actually. I even said the answer to one of the riddles right before Bilbo did :dancing:

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Finally got around to seeing it today, was generally what I expected it to be. Great set design, special effects, locations, cinematography etc; hurt badly by the bloated story that drained the life out of what should have been a relatively light hearted tale for the whole family.

Radagast The Brown, the thunder battle and so much of the dialogue could have been stripped away, but is instead kept in an dragged out.

The film still has its moments. Some of the fight scenes are pretty fun, Andy Serkis was wonderful once again, and the production is still something to be admired, but too much of the film fails on so many parts.

Kahuna

Reaction score
I enjoyed it, lot of people seem to be having some issues with certain parts of the movie or the long winded story; but I didn't mind. The first bit of the movie before and during the Smaug attack was good, I am glad they didnt show Smaug in full because it leaves more for the next films.

I enjoyed the side story of the pale Orc, which will undoubtedly be led into the next film, the special effects were great and the story stayed relatively in line with what I would have expected, I personally think that many people are too picky when it comes to films these days that they seemingly need to find the flaws in it as opposed to admiring the presence of it in front of you; but if youre bored, youre bored I guess.

The next films will definitely pick up on the action and flow of the story as their is a lot to cover for 1 - 2 more films and even more "epics" are bound to come. The main point of the first one was to give us a nostalgic entrance into the hobbit story, much to the same way they did in the first Lord of The Rings, so you can bet that within the next one the action and content will be much more solid and enjoyable.

I give it a 8/10, I really enjoyed it but my back hurt like hell sitting for 3 + hours in a movie theater with some snot kid kicked the back of my chair ever 10 minutes laughing at Gollums voice while imitating it. -_-